You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gylfi Sigurdsson

marcus50bucks

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What has the club done to fuck him around? I've not really been paying attention.

The lukewarm interest at the start, the halfhearted approach when we finally decided that the Swansea move was in doubt, the leaks to the media about his "wild" wage demands (imagine that, the best young midfielder in the league last season wants to be paid the same as a football abortion like Horrenderson) - you know, shit like that.

The lukewarm interest at the start, the halfhearted approach when we finally decided that the Swansea move was in doubt, the leaks to the media about his "wild" wage demands (imagine that, the best young midfielder in the league last season wants to be paid the same as a football abortion like Horrenderson) - you know, shit like that.

Even in his best of "you tube clips" he looks average.

Even the likes of Adam look like world beaters on you tube. I say its a bullet dodged. To sign for Spurs who are rudderless at the moment with people looking to jump ship left right and centre is the actions of a caught in the headlights, ill-informed mercenary. If Spurs keep all their players he wont get a game, if they sell them and he gets in the first 11 he's on a hiding to nothing. Quick glance at Spurs fanzines confirm that

I'm sure Horrenderson will be just mortified that I described him as a football abortion as he lies on an enormous pile of money, some of it mine, being fellated by beauties while catching flies in his big mong mouth and chuckling quietly to himself over how he's got away with impersonating a footballer for so long.

The lukewarm Interest and half hearted approach? If we got to the negotiating stage about wages then the approach surely was successful.

The leaks to the media? who and why?

What is Henderson on?

What did Gylfi demand?

When did 18 games constitute a season?

Nobody could really blame him after the way the club has fucked him around. All this wage business is a bunch of arse. "Wage demands" is going to be the 2012 LFC equivalent of Everton's "failed medical".

Do you, or does anyone for that matter, know the discrepancy between what wages he wanted and what wages we offered?

Haven't seen any articles mention it myself but as most of you are based in England I imagine you hear things I don't, or at least the information is more readily accessible to you guys.

Guest San Don
Going to Tottenham the cunt.

Where's this reported then? I cant see it on any relevant site.

If it is true, why are people moaning about not paying higher wages than spurs? If he turned in shite performance, the same people would be moaning he's on 70k a fucking week.

Lucas fucking Neil anyone?

Sort yourselves out will you?

If it is true, why are people moaning about not paying higher wages than spurs? If he turned in shite performance, the same people would be moaning he's on 70k a fucking week.

SSN 'Understand' that he had a medical and agreed terms with Spurs. Firstly, it doesn't mean it's true, and secondly, if true it doesn't mean that he can't agree terms and have a medical with another club.

Guest San Don
SSN 'Understand' that he had a medical and agreed terms with Spurs. Firstly, it doesn't mean it's true, and secondly, if true it doesn't mean that he can't agree terms and have a medical with another club.

The Daily Wank, sorry manc was saying he'd agreed terms with spurs last week.

I've got little doubt he'll sign for spurs since if he was signing for us, it would be done by now.

But, what hacks me off is the dullards going on about not paying him 70k a week then slamming the club for paying some of our other players the same amount.

Some people really do need to get a grip.

I remember that one. The world beater Lucas Neil turned us down and we had to settle for mediocrity by the name of Arbeloa. Now we're there again are we? WTF

Guest ShoePiss

I don't know anything about this player so I'm not really arsed that he's going to Spurs. I don't agree that we've fucked him around though, it seems like a fairly standard chain of events for a potential signing.

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

The Daily Wank, sorry manc was saying he'd agreed terms with spurs last week.

I've got little doubt he'll sign for spurs since if he was signing for us, it would be done by now.

But, what hacks me off is the dullards going on about not paying him 70k a week then slamming the club for paying some of our other players the same amount.

Some people really do need to get a grip.

I agree. I hope we'd of offered him what we thought he was worth to us, be that 30k or 40k or whatever. If we don't value him at 70k then I'm glad we haven't offered him it just to sign him.

mark davies and victor moses on the way and the two fingers towards sigurdsson for asking for a wage comparable with proven stalwarts like henderson/adam

we are really showing them lads, this is our year!

we mean business this year - midtable is ours!!!

mark davies and victor moses on the way and the two fingers towards sigurdsson for asking for a wage comparable with proven stalwarts like henderson/adam

we are really showing them lads, this is our year!

we mean business this year - midtable is ours!!!

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:wallbutt:

I really think we've dragged our feet because of the situation with the "on loan" players. If we are destined to have both Cole and Aquilani on the books, it makes for a crowded and expensive midfield array.

Personally, iI find it hard to see what he'd add next season and Id like to see Shelvey given more playing time.

We need to add goals otherwise we'll repeat last season.

Does the manager have any say in the signings or just dildos on the internet? Rodgers has tried to play fair with this kid, obviously well aware of what he was proposed to be signing for at Swansea and may fell the cheeky fucker is getting above his station with wage demands. He appears to be an honorable man working in a pretty dishonorable game, with agents and player demands. He may have pulled the plug himself.

Does the manager have any say in the signings or just dildos on the internet? Rodgers has tried to play fair with this kid, obviously well aware of what he was proposed to be signing for at Swansea and may fell the cheeky fucker is getting above his station with wage demands. He appears to be an honorable man working in a pretty dishonorable game, with agents and player demands. He may have pulled the plug himself.

The Liverpoool Way! I'll certainly only believe it when he says so!

Been thinking the whole time this sagas been dragging on, hes a good player but I'd rather we went for a good defensive midfielder to backup/complement Lucas. Not that I rate Henderson or Adam all that much but we're hardly going to end up selling them just yet I'd imagine.

So we may aswell see if we can get something out of them this year rather than buying someone whos going to ensure they spend most of their time warming the bench.

In saying that though, if they don't improve at least a bit then we'll be kicking ourselves for not having another option.

I really wish people would stop pretending that they understand business and football. "Its our team, support through thick and thin" do yourself a favour and go and join a church you wet heads. You rock up on a website with nothing but blind faith in an institution that you will never understand. Do yourselves a favour and go and live your life.