You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3rd page of this thread was way more entertaining than that match. No facerub either, not impressed.

Agreed. Chuckled quite a bit there! Highly predictable game, as Norway don't know what to do when the onus is on them to control the game (the international equivalent of our blue neighbours). Though El younoussi did pretty well, and Riise had one of his better games for a while, the other Norwegians were a bit shite (not unexpected). For England, Gerrard bossed the first half, when he went off at half time the rest of England's players completely stopped playing. Funny thing is, Hodgson's tactic might work at an international tournament as most games are tight and not as incident-packed as league/CL games. I fully expect England to fail to score in two of their three first games, but I don't think they will let in many either. 3 draws might not be enough to go through, but I can't really see them break down neither France nor Sweden. If they don't win against the hosts they will be in the shit imo...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We play with a striker who's a great finisher with his feet and he hardly get the chance to touch the ball because most of the balls go over his head. Fucking ridiculous.

And we're not like Everton, we're Stoke without big players up front. Which is a fucking disaster.

and whats with how he pronounces Riise's name, only guy I ever hear refer to him as Yon Arne Riise

England would've been absolutely bummed tonight againsts a half decent side, well done Woy playing for a 1-0 against a side who couldn't attack, Carroll was decent, Downing started off okay then went to Liverpool mode and not enough time to comment on Kelly or Henderson, have to say at International level Ashley Young, as much as a cunt he is performs brilliantly, I find him very overrated and predictable at Club level albeit he has improved at the Scum but for England he is top class

Silverlining's head explodes at the very thought of Henderson playing football. Ever. I can imagine the Roy Keane-level of aggression every time he hears Jordan's name mentioned over the summer. If he's picked, of course. Which will be hilarious.

if Gerrard is captain and, understandably only played the first half, did Parker get the armband (at HT) for 11 minutes (as he was also subbed) or was it passed to someone else. Is Parker in the frame for captaincy in the inevitable absence of Gerrard or was that just shite judgement from Pearce for his one pointless game in charge??

"I don't see it as a failure at Liverpool. No man on this planet could have made that job work at that time because the Liverpool fans wanted their hero and their king Kenny Dalglish. And when a couple of results didn't go our way it became an impossible job"

Anyone think he really beleives that? A couple of results? Are you taking the piss Stevie? We were near as dammit bottom 3!

Carra would never say that. But then I suppose he will never captain Eng-er-lannnnddddd.

"I don't see it as a failure at Liverpool. No man on this planet could have made that job work at that time because the Liverpool fans wanted their hero and their king Kenny Dalglish. And when a couple of results didn't go our way it became an impossible job"

Anyone think he really beleives that? A couple of results? Are you taking the piss Stevie? We were near as dammit bottom 3!

Fuck Hodgson and fuck gerrard too if that's a genuine quote.

fuck me that was wank. Friendlies always are but that was even wanker seeing how England (as we expected are going to set up). Frightening really as the level of sheer wank is going to be big this summer. I just wish commentators / reporters could use the word wank in their reports.

When the team have the ball we'll run back to the 18 yrd line and defend in two lines of 4. We'll then lump it up front and try to win the 2nd ball. Conceding possession like that to a team as poor as Norway is really small time.

As for that fat twat Barry did you see how he gave the ball away then pulled his groin sprinting back, I say sprinting dad jogging.

Only a total twat would say that. Not surprised people on here are asking whether he really said it because it is Hodgsonesque in its shithouseness.

he doesn't mean it its just media spin that his agents probably told him to say, hardly going to say the new england manager who has just given me the captains armband is a fucking horrible cunt and the worst manager in my clubs history

Is there anyone that actually believes Gerrard playing like some poor man's Alonso is a good thing.

Shocking first half last night from him. Under this manager, I wouldn't be surprised if the one or two hollywood balls that actually came off, qualifies as having a good game. I know that was his first game back from inury but performances like that in the deep cm role are common from him.

My money's definitely going on England not making it out of that group. Hodgson the old fool doesn't know what the FA has let him in for. It's not going to be pretty once the media turn on him.

Gerrard on the tackle:

"There was nothing late about the tackle," insisted Gerrard. "I won it fair and square. It felt good. It felt clean. The kid is okay, so no problem. I don't think the tackle is an issue."

I hope he doesn't actually mean that. In the European Championships he's likely to be sent off for it.

Gerrard on the tackle:

"There was nothing late about the tackle," insisted Gerrard. "I won it fair and square. It felt good. It felt clean. The kid is okay, so no problem. I don't think the tackle is an issue."

I hope he doesn't actually mean that. In the European Championships he's likely to be sent off for it.

Just after the point of impact just after he got the ball, seems fair enough to me, although the force was too much and could have resulted in a booking.

da653775c0e293069644762eabf8759b?t[]=crop%3Ax%3D0%2Cy%3D98%2Cwidth%3D2391%2Cheight%3D1601&t[]=maxSize%3Awidth%3D834%2Cheight%3D556&accessToken=d3c40267f003f61ad940ceb3a916dd218196448dac7c3c51a345c02d2ffb31eb

Gerrard on the tackle:

This is why norwegians should not support liverpool. Nothing wrong with that tackle, we quite like tackles like that. Not sure if they are allowed in the tippeligaen.

This is why norwegians should not support liverpool. Nothing wrong with that tackle, we quite like tackles like that. Not sure if they are allowed in the tippeligaen.

Think you are missing the point. His feet were off the ground, his studs were up. That would have been at least a yellow in a competitive match, whether in the PL or in an international game. It being a friendly was the only reason he got off.

We can all agree that today's game has changed a lot since the 80s (or even 90s) when it comes to tackling though:(