You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

I think that we have all underestimated how vital Mane was to our team. Particularly as we have had to bed in Nunez on the pitch more than the training ground. The midfield hasnt helped but Mane was massive to our style of play. We'd have got away with a bit with him still here but we know how FSG operate and this is a consequence. Not just Mane of course but having Taki and Big Div just gives a bigger choice and allows a bit more versatility. I think Elliott would be afforded more time and less pressure with those players still available. We are threadbare due to poor forward planning. 

• Like 1

Missing Mane in terms of how he fits our style of play and initiates the press is definitely one factor for us. Not sure what difference any of them would make to Elliott's game time as none of those play in midfield. The lack of fitness of naby Keita is the biggest factor in Elliott's game time, and the lack of further down options who are reliable and fit (Oxlade chamberlain, Jones)

29 minutes ago, etho said:

Missing Mane in terms of how he fits our style of play and initiates the press is definitely one factor for us. Not sure what difference any of them would make to Elliott's game time as none of those play in midfield. The lack of fitness of naby Keita is the biggest factor in Elliott's game time, and the lack of further down options who are reliable and fit (Oxlade chamberlain, Jones)

The expectation on Elliott to rip up trees would be less if we were winning more,which I think we would be with Mane,in my view at least.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

You can only beat what’s in front of you and I thought we were certainly more purpose about our play. 

Obviously today and next Sunday are more indications on if we’ve turned the proverbial corner, Tuesday felt a step in the right direction. 

I agree with this completely. 

I liked what I saw on Tuesday in terms of balance but part of it may well have been to do with the energy Diaz, Nunez and Jota brought to the team. 

They all looked dead on their feet Vs Brighton and for me it wasn't a surprise that Rangers came back into when Fab, Bobby and a 37 yr old came on Vs them. 

I know Bobby is there to score goals but I thought him being ponderous was a big issue Vs Brighton and as much as I love Fabinho he looked shot too. It's no real surprise seeing as he barely gets rested unless he is injured or woefully out of form. Milly puts a shift in but again I think he looks leggy when in the middle. 

Against 95% of the teams in this league (including imo Arsenal) if we match them for energy and pace then we still have more quality than them. For that reason for me, Jota, Nunez and Diaz have to start today whatever formation we play. 

I am done with these owners. A bang average Arsenal team turn us over. 

Running past our prehistoric midfield and defence. 

Of course we will have a "professional silence" from them now as Jürgen gets hung out to dry. 

Absolute fucking wankers! 

What creative excuse will they come out with for doing fuck all in January? Probably "no one wants to come to a team not assured of CL". 

We need to be spending at least £100m in January and treble that come the summer. The money is obviously there given the lack of spending on our part while other, less successful teams splash it freely, but for some reason it’s never available. CL football is entirely unnecessary too - many teams have proven that categorically.

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

We need to be spending at least £100m in January and treble that come the summer. The money is obviously there given the lack of spending on our part while other, less successful teams splash it freely, but for some reason it’s never available. CL football is entirely unnecessary too - many teams have proven that categorically.

The money isn't there as these cunts are pocketing it and putting into the whole FSG portfolio. 

There is no other explanation for the lack of spending if the money was there it would be spent but they are moving it to other investments knowing full well LFC is a bottomless money well for them. 

They barely do the minimum knowing full well the money will continue to roll in. 

I hope the Boston Redsox go under. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Lack of spending really biting us in the arse now. Open the cheque book you yank twats.  

It bit us from day one.  If we'd have actually spent money we'd have won atleast one or two more League Titles and a Champlions League.

13 minutes ago, bizzle10 said:

Its a total rebuild job needed we had an amazing run with this team now we need to move some players on and invest at least a couple hundred miliion to allow Jurgen to build another great team i dont think FSG got a choice

I am sure they will find a reason not to. 

24 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

The money isn't there as these cunts are pocketing it and putting into the whole FSG portfolio. 

There is no other explanation for the lack of spending if the money was there it would be spent but they are moving it to other investments knowing full well LFC is a bottomless money well for them. 

They barely do the minimum knowing full well the money will continue to roll in. 

I hope the Boston Redsox go under

Well, they need about as much investment as us at the moment. So we'll see if they bother spending on them first 

Remember these dicks wanting to appoint Martinez at one point? Fucking clueless idiots that had the greatest stroke of luck in history that Klopp became available when he did. They have pissed the manager's unbelievable work down the fucking drain. The sooner they fuck off, the better.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Baltar said:

Remember these dicks wanting to appoint Martinez at one point? Fucking clueless idiots that had the greatest stroke of luck in history that Klopp became available when he did. They have pissed the manager's unbelievable work down the fucking drain. The sooner they fuck off, the better.

I dread to think who they would replace Klopp with but it will just be a nomark manager in his late 30s to early 40s with no track record of winning things and who would be made up to manage Liverpool. Also won't do silly things like asking for money to build a team. 

1 hour ago, J-V said:

It bit us from day one.  If we'd have actually spent money we'd have won atleast one or two more League Titles and a Champlions League.

Agree. The two times we needed extra funds were December 2020/Jan 2021 as defending champions and this summer as a team that played every game possible and won two trophies. The failed Jurgen twice. If you want to play at 'soccer' nowadays you can't do it without spending serious cash. Its a crooks game.