You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PFA team of the year

lebron

As I don't want to ruin my sleep thinking about our future, I thought it would be nice to share some useless information with you again....

PFA player of the year: RVP

PFA young player of the year: Kyle Walker (!)

From bbc:

"Van Persie won the award ahead of Manchester United's Wayne Rooney, Tottenham's Scott Parker and Manchester City trio Sergio Aguero, Joe Hart and David Silva.

Tottenham and England defender Kyle Walker was named the PFA's Young Player of the Year.

Premier League team of the year: Joe Hart (Man City), Kyle Walker (Tottenham), Vincent Kompany (Man City), Fabricio Coloccini (Newcastle), Leighton Baines (Everton), David Silva (Man City), Yaya Toure (Man City), Gareth Bale (Tottenham), Scott Parker (Tottenham), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd)."

these awards are a pile of shit given when they are voted for and usually just show up how thick footballers are such as that time when Giggs won it basically for being an old bastard who'd never won it before

not surprised none of ours are in although I think Skrtel had a good case, least for the first time ever its not a scum wankfest, although Kyle Walker gets in as flavour of the month who is not actually very good

Enrique had a better season than Bained up until Jan/Feb, he should have got the LB berth.

Other than that it's pretty cut and dry that team.

I was surprised by Brendan Rogers on MOTD last night lauding Wayne Rooney this season. I thought he's been unspectacular myself, but I do stand corrected when someone like Rogers thinks otherwise.

Enrique had a better season than Bained up until Jan/Feb, he should have got the LB berth.

Other than that it's pretty cut and dry that team.

I was surprised by Brendan Rogers on MOTD last night lauding Wayne Rooney this season. I thought he's been unspectacular myself, but I do stand corrected when someone like Rogers thinks otherwise.

He's scored 26 Premiership goals so far this season, and 33 overall.

I wish we had someone as unspectacular as Rooney

Bollocks as usual. Walker?! Ivanovic should be there surely? And Coloccini over Skrtel? I know I'm biased but Martin has been immense this season. Swap Parker for Cabaye and Bale for [regrettably] Valencia too.

According to some posters nobody is biased more than me regarding Skrtel ;) But Collocini is good pick. Maybe he wasn´t as imperious as Martin but Newcastles defence brougt them somewhere where they weren´expected and in our case we lost too many games to have any of our defender in team of the season plus we were expected to be higher in the table as we are so I can understand this decision.

Martin Skrtel just plays this season as good, as should any player playing for LFC.