You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our players are scared

Bjornebye

I genuinly believe that some of our players feel out of there depth at Liverpool

particularly at anfield they don't play with any swagger

downing

johnson

carroll

adam

henderson

all shit scared

saturdays full time whistle reaction was taking things a bit far, we need to back them up. how the fuck lucas came through the shit he used to get is beyond me but he did, yet he is an exception. We give players so long then turn on them.

ps -adam can fuck off he is shit and ill tell him at the weekend again.

I've said it for a long while: our support is fucking shit.

We're more than happy to suck our own cocks over stellar "Twelfth Man" performances (the zenith being Istanbul) but these are few and far between. We've also got to accept responsibility for our failure to get behind the team, week in, week out, during the not-so-good times.

I don't think it's unrealistic to argue that the nervous and negative Anfield "atmosphere" cost us the title in 2008-09.

definitely

we're asking players to come in to one of the biggest clubs in the world, that by its own high standards has underachieved for the past twenty or so years, hit the ground running and play at their peak for fans that have a reputation for getting behind the players, but in reality can be as twatish as any other set of fans.

carra has spoke in the past about players coming in then disappearing cause they wasnt upto playing for a club of our stature, why would these lads be any different.

its down to kenny to give em the confidence when things are good and the odd bollocking when performances arent acceptable.....im just not sure he does the latter

I love how people are glad that Johnno is out because Kelly is better.....

As much as I rate Kelly hes not as good as GJ' date=' no chance.

its no suprise that we have collapsed since we have lost him as well as Agger.[/quote']

Johnson is better and we've missed him at times but Agger is the biggest loss. The gap in performances between him and Carra has been massive.

I've said it for a long while: our support is fucking shit.

We're more than happy to suck our own cocks over stellar "Twelfth Man" performances (the zenith being Istanbul) but these are few and far between. We've also got to accept responsibility for our failure to get behind the team, week in, week out, during the not-so-good times.

I don't think it's unrealistic to argue that the nervous and negative Anfield "atmosphere" cost us the title in 2008-09.

Of course you are right when you say we should show our support when things are going badly.This is what gave us our well deserved reputation as supporters.The fact is however,our reputation was forged while we were succesful when the "bad" times were few and far between.

It fucking pains me when we struggle to drown out the shite that emanates from the away supporters i.e anti Suarez,Gerrard chants.

Our support has obviously changed for the worse in that respect.Forgive the nostalgia but The 60's 70's 80's Anfield would have nipped that shite in the bud.

We need a side we can be proud of to bring that fervour back.Who knows? maybe next season.I have a feeling that at this time next season things will be much different for us all.

Scared? Let's not complicate things; they're not good enough.

I'm not for a minute suggesting we couldn't have signed better players than we did, but they are more than good enough to beat the likes of qpr and wigan. We know this as we pretty much always perform well in the big games. I'm not sure that the players are scared but there is certainly something wrong with their attitude or mentality. Newcastle are the opposite of us. Beat the shite but come up a little short against quality. (Although they did beat the mancs I think). This league is about consistently beating shit teams, something we cannot do and it is up to the manager to sort it.

Scared? Let's not complicate things; they're not good enough.

I disagree. A lot of people round here talk about the current squad as if it was packed full of Salif Diaos and Bjorn Tor Kvarmes. It isn't. They're underperforming - badly - and that's what's frustrating.

I disagree. A lot of people round here talk about the current squad as if it was packed full of Salif Diaos and Bjorn Tor Kvarmes. It isn't. They're underperforming - badly - and that's what's frustrating.

You do not need world class players in every position to compete for the top 4, you just have to be able to show some backbone when playing the likes of qpr and wigan.

Its called Mentality....... inner strength.

Its why players like Dirk Kuyt who have drawbacks in their game stay at the top, because when the shit hits the fan, they come out fighting and never give in.

Unfortunately we brought players in in the summer who severely lack this attribute, its why players like Henderson shit out of taking that shot on Saturday.

Its why Stewart Downing was anonymous for large parts of the season, and has been for most of his career.

Its why, in some ways more than the ability of the signings in the summer, their mental strength worries me even more.

They are'nt Liverpool calibre players, not the Liverpool i understand anyway.

The atmosphere is toxic at times, I said in the Wigan thread it was one of the worst I've known

Every touch was waited to be jumped on, no wonder someone like Henderson is struggling

The atmosphere has been shit for years, barring the big games.

Thats no excuse at all.