You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Went to the Beatles musical 'let it be' in Bristol in June.  it was fucking brilliant.  Get on it if it's showing anywhere near you.  No plot just showing them playing at different points of their career.  The guys playing them were excellent, great musician (even ringo)

What is it with certain people being unable to progress beyond a child-like state of being? I'm not talking grown adults being into Pokemon Go or whatever, more in terms of emotional, inetellectual or communicative levels. Have previous generations been this shit, because it feels like the vast majority of people out there you have to go around holding their hands and practically wiping their arse for them. Whatever happened to initiative?

Recently, a mate of mine has started up a Sunday League team and has asked me to give him a hand as treasurer. It's an offer I accepted as it's a good group of lads and a standard that's above my abilities as a player, but still would like to get involved and the camaraderie is always a big plus.

Fucking hell though, my mate and I haven't half had a bitch over a pint though. About a fortnight ago, my mate put a message in the team FB thread we have needing everyone's signing on fee ASAP as at that time, we only had four who'd paid up. Despite being viewed by everyone, the response was one of complete silence. Do people honestly think burying their heads in the sand to stuff is the best policy to stuff? We've got a lad playing for us- really good player and a nice lad- and after one friendly, he pulled us aside and said that he was really up for signing, but that he as out of work. He said that he had a couple of interviews over the coming days and weeks though and was hopeful of getting something, so we said no problem and paid his form out of the club funds. It was the honesty and the communication we appreciated more than anything- just knowing where you stood with someone. The lad stayed true to his word and paid us after gaining employment.

At the minute we're organising a race night and are raffling off a couple prizes. 'Kinell, splitting the atom can't have been this complicated. Despite giving your number to people and telling them to bell you about arrangements, letting them know when you'll be about with the tickets, and still there's fuck all from them after expressing an interest in buying a couple off you. Again, no problem if they've changed their mind, but a little bit of communication would be nice.

Similarly, it's how about an hour until kick off that people don't feel the need to get in touch to let you know that they don't have a lift. Really, you're dropping that one now? Again and the lack of initiative is baffling- ie clocking that a lad with a car lives round your way and letting him know you'll need a lift- rather than relying on somebody else making arrangements for you.

It's like when a mate I went away with last year ended up missing the taxi we had arranged to take us to the airport because he couldn't decipher that the text the lad who booked the flights sent round saying "we fly out early at half 6" was 6:30 AM, and so was still in bed when we called round. The very same lad- after miraculously making the flight in the end- ended up losing his boarding pass for the return flight because it wasn't tethered to his hand and only recovered it after retracing our steps  and finding that the only reason the woman in the café we had breakfast in hadn't thrown it away was because she fortunately noticed it had a bar code on it.

I honestly have no idea how some people make it though life. There really is an abundance of fuckwits about these days.

What is it with certain people being unable to progress beyond a child-like state of being? I'm not talking grown adults being into Pokemon Go or whatever, more in terms of emotional, inetellectual or communicative levels. Have previous generations been this shit, because it feels like the vast majority of people out there you have to go around holding their hands and practically wiping their arse for them. Whatever happened to initiative?

Recently, a mate of mine has started up a Sunday League team and has asked me to give him a hand as treasurer. It's an offer I accepted as it's a good group of lads and a standard that's above my abilities as a player, but still would like to get involved and the camaraderie is always a big plus.

Fucking hell though, my mate and I haven't half had a bitch over a pint though. About a fortnight ago, my mate put a message in the team FB thread we have needing everyone's signing on fee ASAP as at that time, we only had four who'd paid up. Despite being viewed by everyone, the response was one of complete silence. Do people honestly think burying their heads in the sand to stuff is the best policy to stuff? We've got a lad playing for us- really good player and a nice lad- and after one friendly, he pulled us aside and said that he was really up for signing, but that he as out of work. He said that he had a couple of interviews over the coming days and weeks though and was hopeful of getting something, so we said no problem and paid his form out of the club funds. It was the honesty and the communication we appreciated more than anything- just knowing where you stood with someone. The lad stayed true to his word and paid us after gaining employment.

At the minute we're organising a race night and are raffling off a couple prizes. 'Kinell, splitting the atom can't have been this complicated. Despite giving your number to people and telling them to bell you about arrangements, letting them know when you'll be about with the tickets, and still there's fuck all from them after expressing an interest in buying a couple off you. Again, no problem if they've changed their mind, but a little bit of communication would be nice.

Similarly, it's how about an hour until kick off that people don't feel the need to get in touch to let you know that they don't have a lift. Really, you're dropping that one now? Again and the lack of initiative is baffling- ie clocking that a lad with a car lives round your way and letting him know you'll need a lift- rather than relying on somebody else making arrangements for you.

It's like when a mate I went away with last year ended up missing the taxi we had arranged to take us to the airport because he couldn't decipher that the text the lad who booked the flights sent round saying "we fly out early at half 6" was 6:30 AM, and so was still in bed when we called round. The very same lad- after miraculously making the flight in the end- ended up losing his boarding pass for the return flight because it wasn't tethered to his hand and only recovered it after retracing our steps and finding that the only reason the woman in the café we had breakfast in hadn't thrown it away was because she fortunately noticed it had a bar code on it.

I honestly have no idea how some people make it though life. There really is an abundance of fuckwits about these days.

It's a thankless task, fucking horrible.

I managed our Saturday afternoon team for a year, it was like having 12 children. Often you'd get lads turning up late, no money and the first thing they'd want to know would be what was the free food being laid on in the pub after!!!

Ive just made a cup of coffee in work and there was a woman filling up a hot water bottle which she then walked off with it clutched to her. I know its not exactly The Bahamas out there but for crying out loud....

This trend for birds to mooch about with fluffy covered pink hot water bottles attached to their midriffs is absolutely woeful. This annoyed me enough in the winter but in the summer it's frankly astounding.  

• Upvote 1

Went to the Beatles musical 'let it be' in Bristol in June.  it was fucking brilliant.  Get on it if it's showing anywhere near you.  No plot just showing them playing at different points of their career.  The guys playing them were excellent, great musician (even ringo)

Surely that's just a Beatles tribute band rather than a musical?

I've definitely found that people just seem shit scared to make a decision, amount of places I've worked and people just dither about with shit rather than just deciding what to do and then getting on with it.

Likewise a total inability to admit things have gone wrong. people fuck up it's going to happen, yet every time in the work place something has gone wrong instead of admitting it's been a cluster fuck, learning from it and putting it right everyone tries to convince themselves it all went fine and just ignore it.

Ive just made a cup of coffee in work and there was a woman filling up a hot water bottle which she then walked off with it clutched to her. I know its not exactly The Bahamas out there but for crying out loud....

This trend for birds to mooch about with fluffy covered pink hot water bottles attached to their midriffs is absolutely woeful. This annoyed me enough in the winter but in the summer it's frankly astounding.

Women in offices have no understanding of how to deal with the temperature, if it's cold, put a fucking top on instead of bitching about it all day.

My boss is always telling me I can take my tie off if it's roasting as well, she clearly doesn't understand the difference between a tie and a scarf, if I take my tie off, I'll still be sweating my tits off you spastic.

• Upvote 1

Women in offices have no understanding of how to deal with the temperature, if it's cold, put a fucking top on instead of bitching about it all day.

My boss is always telling me I can take me tie off if it's roasting as well, she clearly doesn't understand the difference between a tie and a scarf, if I take my tie off, I'll still be sweating my tits off you spastic.

Take of your tie eh? Sounds like she's cracking up the heating in the hope of getting a Mook striptease started.

Last place I worked the women in the office used to moan like fuck in the summer. The place was like a sauna but if one of us opened the window the way they reacted you would think someone had just shat on their desk or something bitching the draft made them cold. The argument that they could put on a jumper to warm up but I couldn't sit there topless to cool down seemed lost on them. 

Self employment is the answer, I probably earn less than I ever have. But on the other hand I have Curtis Mayfield cranked up as loud as it can go and don't have to deal with anyone else's bull shit. If I lived in America I would probably have been the star subject in a news story which ended with "before turning the gun on himself". 

• Upvote 1

Inconsiderate and lazy dickheads.

Every single Friday someone pulls out if our game of 5 a side, mostly with a bullshit excuse, so I'm left wasting the two hours that I should have to myself after work ringing around and trying to get someone to play last minute.

Twats.

Every single Friday someone pulls out if our game of 5 a side, mostly with a bullshit excuse, so I'm left wasting the two hours that I should have to myself after work ringing around and trying to get someone to play last minute.

Twats.

Hate that. We had some cunt who would email you at 3.00 when we were playing at 4 saying he had to drop out cos he had to take his nan shopping. He did it 3 weeks on the run.

Another cunt didn't even turn up.and when you ring him asking where the fuck he is he miraculously couldn't answer the phone then said the next day his car broke down.

Twats.

I have a problem with finding a game to play. All my mates are lazy cunts. Sorry, don't live near you but if I did I'd Maradona the fuck outta ya.

Hate that. We had some cunt who would email you at 3.00 when we were playing at 4 saying he had to drop out cos he had to take his nan shopping. He did it 3 weeks on the run.

Another cunt didn't even turn up.and when you ring him asking where the fuck he is he miraculously couldn't answer the phone then said the next day his car broke down.

The excuses are insulting your intelligence, as you pointed out. I'd actually prefer if they were honest and just said I can't be arsed today.

It's fucking infuriating. You end up ringing lads who are then pissed off you're only ringing them because you're stuck.

Can I get an opinion on acceptable behaviour in a queue? By work on a Friday they have a brilliant food stall on the market but it's always hammered. I join the queue,after a few minutes I hear a commotion behind me and it's 2 lads moaning they won't get served and eat before their dinner is over. They then spot a lad they know in front of me and give him their order and the cash. Nobody else seemed to care even though it was quite open in front of them so I kept quiet even though I was burning with rage. It was only because of everyone else's indifference that I didn't say anything as I didn't want to come across as some sort of lunatic but it 'ground my gears'. Is this on or what?