You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

THE ENGLAND MANAGER HAS BEEN HONOURED WITH A KNIGHTHOOD FROM FINLAND

England Manager Roy Hodgson has been honoured with the Knight, First Class, of the Order of the Lion of Finland.

The award is thanks to his time living in Helsinki while he was boss of the Finland national team from January 2006 to November 2007.

Under Hodgson, Finland reached their highest ever FIFA ranking and were just one goal away from qualifying for Euro 2008. Victory over Portugal in their last qualifier, rather than a 0-0 draw, would have seen them reach a major tournament for the very first time.

Hodgson received his award from the Ambassador of Finland to the United Kingdom, H.E. Pekka Huhtaniemi, in London earlier this month.

His appointment to the Order of the Lion of Finland was granted by the President of the Republic of Finland, H.E. Sauli Niinistö, who is also the former Chairman of the Finnish Football Association.

“Roy’s time as the manager of Finland lifted the level of Finnish football culture and made Finland internationally better-known as a football nation,” Mr Huhtaniemi.

“Roy brought with him a higher degree of professionalism and more disciplined style of playing.”

Hodgson said: “I enjoyed my life [in Finland] very much. Not only in football, but outside of it as well."

"I hope that my relationship with Finland, which is already great, becomes even greater.”

Next up for England in their 2014 World Cup Qualifying campaign is San Marino at Wembley on 12 October. Tickets for the game are still available, click here to buy online.

THE ENGLAND MANAGER HAS BEEN HONOURED WITH A KNIGHTHOOD FROM FINLAND

England Manager Roy Hodgson has been honoured with the Knight, First Class, of the Order of the Lion of Finland.

The award is thanks to his time living in Helsinki while he was boss of the Finland national team from January 2006 to November 2007.

Under Hodgson, Finland reached their highest ever FIFA ranking and were just one goal away from qualifying for Euro 2008. Victory over Portugal in their last qualifier, rather than a 0-0 draw, would have seen them reach a major tournament for the very first time.

Hodgson received his award from the Ambassador of Finland to the United Kingdom, H.E. Pekka Huhtaniemi, in London earlier this month.

His appointment to the Order of the Lion of Finland was granted by the President of the Republic of Finland, H.E. Sauli Niinistö, who is also the former Chairman of the Finnish Football Association.

“Roy’s time as the manager of Finland lifted the level of Finnish football culture and made Finland internationally better-known as a football nation,” Mr Huhtaniemi.

“Roy brought with him a higher degree of professionalism and more disciplined style of playing.”

Hodgson said: “I enjoyed my life [in Finland] very much. Not only in football, but outside of it as well."

"I hope that my relationship with Finland, which is already great, becomes even greater.”

Next up for England in their 2014 World Cup Qualifying campaign is San Marino at Wembley on 12 October. Tickets for the game are still available, click here to buy online.

hahaha. Fuckin hell.

I've decided he must give the best blowy's in the universe.

And now he's had to issue a buffon-like apology to Ferdinand for the tube incident. Buffoon just doesn't cover it though, not even nearly.

I shudder every time I see the bloke watching matches with his stupid baggy face and his stupid little crescent-moon shaped mouth. He looks like he's on day release from a home for the strategically confused.

Where the fuck would we be now if we'd kept him.

Were you listening to him yesterday? Came on here to post the same!

I dont always like Green but he was quality (and spot on) yesterday

Didn't hear 606, this was during the Newcastle Mancs game.

Can't remember who was commentating with him but they were discussing the Ferdinand balls up and Hodgson announcing it to passengers on the tube. The other commentator said something about giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Green then said "I won't be giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm looking forward to him claiming San Marino will be a formidable opponent on Friday".

What did Green say?

Was primarily castigating him for his behaviour last week.....the 2 bits that stuck in my mind was the word 'buffoonery' and that he was waiting to hear Hodgson describe San Marino as 'formidable opposition' in the week. We laughed

Green then said "I won't be giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm looking forward to him claiming San Marino will be a formidable opponent on Friday".

Was primarily castigating him for his behaviour last week.....the 2 bits that stuck in my mind was the word 'buffoonery' and that he was waiting to hear Hodgson describe San Marino as 'formidable opposition' in the week. We laughed

Sounds like he enjoyed saying it so much the first time he thought he's repeat it again!

5 Live are currently broadcasting from the new FA coaching centre which opens today. Sometime between 8pm and 9pm tonight Roy Hodgson and Gary Ratface Neville will be giving a 'coaching masterclass' to listeners.

This has been on SSN all day as it officially opens tomorrow.

The footage shows all the facilities, has Gary Neville saying they are the best he's ever seen in the world but it's all about the quality of the coaching.

They then show Howard Wilkinson and Tony Pulis there.

What is the fucking point.

People seem to lap up any shite Gary Neville says these days. Listening to him and then seeing people say how great he is makes me want to pull my eyes out with the back of a hammer.

Anyone would look like a genius standing next to Hodgson. It's mind-boggling that the media have taken so long to wake up to the fact that he's an absolute helmet.

Anyone would look like a genius standing next to Hodgson. It's mind-boggling that the media have taken so long to wake up to the fact that he's an absolute helmet.

The Sunday Supplement Crew yesterday managed to turn Hodgson's Tube error into a dig at Capello by saying that Capello never talked to anybody so it's ok for Hodgson to do what he done. So there are 'respected journos' who still lick his arse.

The Sunday Supplement Crew yesterday managed to turn Hodgson's Tube error into a dig at Capello by saying that Capello never talked to anybody so it's ok for Hodgson to do what he done. So there are 'respected journos' who still lick his arse.

Alan Green said it would never have happened under Capello ...because he couldn't speak English