You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy Hodgson, know your role and shut your mouth

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hearing the England manager’s name being chanted by the thousands of supporters on the far side of the ground, Roy Hodgson took a few steps forward, raised his arms and gave a heartfelt clap of appreciation in San Marino on Friday night.

Except Hodgson had misheard the song rolling off that terrace. Their chant was in honour of the late Bobby Robson. Ah, well.

The gift that keeps on giving.

hope England get shitted tonight, people might start to cotton on that he isn't very good if they don't qualify for the World Cup

Like all England fans I hope we qualify, and am proud as ever to see Stevie G, Johnson and Dan representing our country continuing the best traditions of LFC. If LFC don't qulaify for the EL it will also be vital international experience and exposure for those three too.

I am surprised that a country 2/3rds the size of Birmingham is being made out to be some type of stiff test. It is not. We should be beating them comfortably.

Like all England fans I hope we qualify, and am proud as ever to see Stevie G, Johnson and Dan representing our country continuing the best traditions of LFC. If LFC don't qulaify for the EL it will also be vital international experience and exposure for those three too.

I am surprised that a country 2/3rds the size of Birmingham is being made out to be some type of stiff test. It is not. We should be beating them comfortably.

Vital international experience and exposure for Steven Gerrard?

You don't half talk some fucking bollocks at times.

you said this on another thread yesterday and i reminded you, england are shit.

of course it's a fucking test. they are top of the group, have 2 of the most coveted european strikers up against smalling and fucking lescott.

i try to let other people hate you but sometimes your a fucking bad mong. 2nd worst WUM on here.

Vital international experience and exposure for Steven Gerrard?

You don't half talk some fucking bollocks at times.

Gerrard is a top international player, playing on an international stage is important to him, especially if we are not in Europe next year.

I hope that helps.

Mixed feelings tonight..... I want England to win, mainly for Stevie's and Glenn's sake (although I really wish Stevie would retire from intenational football, but that ain't going to happen).

But I would laugh my cock off if Rooney got himself sent off again, especially after all the talk of how well behaved he is these days.

Main thing - please don't let any of our lads get injured!!!!

you said this on another thread yesterday and i reminded you, england are shit.

of course it's a fucking test. they are top of the group, have 2 of the most coveted european strikers up against smalling and fucking lescott.

i try to let other people hate you but sometimes your a fucking bad mong. 2nd worst WUM on here.

England should have more than enough to beat Montenegro- whether we do will reflect on Hodgson's management.

Montenegro do have two good experienced strikers, playing against two English defenders playing for sides first and second in the PL, hardly a mismatch.

If you want to swallow the media bullshit whole- go ahead.

England should have more than enough to beat Montenegro- whether we do will reflect on Hodgson's management.

Montenegro do have two good experienced strikers, playing against two English defenders playing for sides first and second in the PL, hardly a mismatch.

If you want to swallow the media bullshit whole- go ahead.

the last 2 games between the teams have been a draw.

the last 2 games between the teams have been a draw.

That does not alter my judgement that England, with a population some ten times bigger than Montenegro, a country that has only been playing international football for six years, should be able to beat them.

Of course Roy and the media have been spinning this as a difficult game- it's what they do.