You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keys and Gray

kidney

In terms of quality, he is the best out there in my eyes.

I am not sure I would like to listen to him on Sky, the podcast works because of the length, the other people in the pod and the audience that the podcast attracts. Sky is all about sound bites and quick analysis wedged between adverts, with Jamie Redknapp and co talking nonsense.

*Those adverts are shit, like your old man would you let you and your kid play head tennis over his brand new Mondeo

He was ace on Football Italia. But working for C4 is slightly different when working for Sky.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really arsed.

I never pay much attention to the commentators/analysts watching our matches (only watch our games all the way through, apart from the odd Champions League match)

Saying that, still hear Gray's "You Beauty!" soundbite, pitch perfect, years later but if it was done by someone else I'd still remember it just the same due to the moment and circumstances.

Why the fuck are Sly Sports showing RatBoy's fuckin testimonial ?

Dont get that. . . .

It's actually obvious for 2 reasons, 1) he's joining SKY isn't he? Murdoch loves promoting his own, nowhere is this more evident than Fox news. 2) David Beckham - SKY love them some David Beckham.

The game will be full of commentary like.....

"this team would have been worth a small fortune at todays prices"

"do you think he regrets never having played for United?"

"good players can always fit together, regardless of what era they played in"

"He's been a terrific servant"

etc

It's a poorer show without them, for sure, as I pointed out when they were sacked and the muppets on here were as happy as pigs in slop.

Of course they were irritating twats, that was the point. They were entertaining irritating twats.

Now Sky's football coverage is as anodyne and tedious as the BBCs.

This is something to aspire to? I think I've just gained an insight into some of your GF performances.

Keys was always easier to ignore, because he was on in between the actual football. That other prick just hampered my ability to enjoy the game and never contributed anything worthwhile in the way of analysis or insight. They could have got any taxi driver or pub bore to do what he did.

Riddance to rubbish.

This is something to aspire to? I think I've just gained an insight into some of your GF performances.

Keys was always easier to ignore, because he was on in between the actual football. That other prick just hampered my ability to enjoy the game and never contributed anything worthwhile in the way of analysis or insight. They could have got any taxi driver or pub bore to do what he did.

Riddance to rubbish.

Exactly. Dropped Sky 2 years ago but to need to spend a chunk of your life staring at a TV screen at those two in order to get 'entertainment' is beyond me

No.

But at the same time I like Jamie Redknapp can't understand half the shit he gets.

I was for some sick reason watching the United cup presentation and Jamie quipped....United have just won the league and all I can talk about is how good it is to see Kenny back for Liverpool.

We've had Souness, Thommo, Redknapp to mention a few on Sky. I'm not too heated up about Ratboy Neville.

Because he shags his sister.

Guest ian garro
K&G do a late morning show on ShoutSport raido most mornings if you really miss them that much although I hate to spoil it for you but......

...........it's shite

I've heard that. The best part about it, is the way they have to do their own adverts, in amongst all of the arse-kissing they do with their mates. For instance, they had David Pleat on when I listened to it, and they finished by mutually agreeing that his knowledge was "extraordinary". They then had to give it this big thing about "if you get to Wickes now and order 2 of these things, you'll get a 3rd absolutely free" to which Gray has to butt in "hey, I'm there !". Much hilarity ensued.

The best part comes in knowing full well that Keyes despises doing this, and thinks it's beneath him, whilst you could nearly hear Pleat sniggering in the background.

The radio show is cringeworthy is fuck, I usually only listen between 10-11ish but they have a manc journalist on and some of the banter on that is not too bad, I especially liked it when he gave ESPN and inparticular Gray's good mate Peter Reid a good slagging for their FA Cup final coverage.

the only thing i remember andy gray for is "game well and truely over" its the second best line by a commentator ever

my mate met him about 10 years ago, as he had had a few he asked him if he had made the right desicion leaving villa 3 months before they won the european cup, apparently he gave him a mouthfull and walked off