You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Can't See Me supporting this deal...

Call yourself a supporter? That's such a shitty way of looking at things, you obviously haven't thought of the benefits that this could bring to the longterm financial success of the club. In fact i'd go as far as saying you need to take a long look at yourself and have a complete Attitude Adjustment.....

I remember vividly buzzing off United in school cos they had the megastore and they sold United biscuits and toothpaste.

Whilst we had that shed in the maine stand car park selling the kit from behind a counter and programmes.

This has to be done.

I know what you're saying, and I reluctantly have to agree - I know I'm too old fashioned in longing for those days of proper football - not 'branding' and 'positioning' and 'global image rights'. But what a shame.

Just a thought though, when Everton were pimping Stallone, were we all so understanding of it as a clever marketing strategy? Or were we openly laughing at it?

Don't see the problem if true, he will hold no boardroom power but will probably help us break the U.S, somewhere we have probably been lacking in recent years while the likes of Chelsea have been pushing. If Cena and Lebron gives us publicity what's the problem? Their fans then choose us as their 'soccer' team like some Liverpool fans now see the Red sox as our baseball team.

Guest ShoePiss

Never heard of him. Hope it's bollocks.

As for Chelsea being popular here, they haven't done that with any clever marketing really. They win things, Americans like winners.

How the fuck is a wrestling fan our target audience? Same goes for Basketball really, the vast majority of American Basketball fans couldn't give a fuck about Football.

Our target audience (if thats directed at me despite saying nothing about a target audience) is whoever will buy a shirt whether its a 10 year old kid or a 40 year old, its all money. If you think only 10 year olds are wrestling fans then youve never seen the events, full grown men screaming in the front row are the norm.

Some of our fans will just fucking moan for the sake of it at times.

I'm just moaning for the fact it's John Cena, truth be told. I'd argue that his audience wasn't our target audience. Triple H's, Orton's, maybe.

Cena's audience is kids. They get their parents to buy lots and lots of Cena merchandise. These same parents would buy lots and lots of LFC merchandise for their kids. These kids are possibly playing football at school and like/play the sport already.

HHH/Orton's audience are typically the teenagers/young adults, who have already stopped watching football or stopped playing it since they left school. These guys wouldn't care about LFC merchandise.

Guest ShoePiss
Our target audience (if thats directed at me despite saying nothing about a target audience) is whoever will buy a shirt whether its a 10 year old kid or a 40 year old, its all money. If you think only 10 year olds are wrestling fans then youve never seen the events, full grown men screaming in the front row are the norm.

Some of our fans will just fucking moan for the sake of it at times.

I'm not moaning for the sake of it, I'm saying I hope we have nothing to do with some fake wrestler. I'd rather our club wasn't associated with people like that.

I don't think you understand the people in this country. Especially ones that have even a passing interest in football. In fact I can tell whether someone is even open to the idea without really knowing them, this is the thing; to a lot of Americans liking football is seen as unpatriotic, something for mexicans, other immigrants, hipsters etc, completely ridiculous but true. There is a growing Latino population but they have their own teams, they look south not east.

The great untapped American market is a myth in my opinion, there's money to be made but has nothing like the potential some seem to believe.

I'm not moaning for the sake of it, I'm saying I hope we have nothing to do with some fake wrestler. I'd rather our club wasn't associated with people like that.

I don't think you understand the people in this country. Especially ones that have even a passing interest in football. In fact I can tell whether someone is even open to the idea without really knowing them, this is the thing; to a lot of Americans liking football is seen as unpatriotic, something for mexicans, other immigrants, hipsters etc, completely ridiculous but true. There is a growing Latino population but they have their own teams, they look south not east.

The great untapped American market is a myth in my opinion, there's money to be made but has nothing like the potential some seem to believe.

If it sells more shirts (which it undoubtedly will) then what is the problem? Anyway I think I'll trust FSG's marketing ability over yours any day. We've already seen a smart move with the planted question at the Miami heat press conference.

Guest ShoePiss
If it sells more shirts (which it undoubtedly will) then what is the problem? Anyway I think I'll trust FSG's marketing ability over yours any day. We've already seen a smart move with the planted question at the Miami heat press conference.

Do what ever you want, I wasn't asking you to trust my opinion over their actions. I know this though, I know a lot more about football and the people that follow it here than FSG.

My problem is that I don't want the club to be forming partnerships with fake wrestlers, we're a respectable sporting institution.

Do what ever you want, I wasn't asking you to trust my opinion over their actions. I know this though, I know a lot more about football and the people that follow it here than FSG.

My problem is that I don't want the club to be forming partnerships with fake wrestlers, we're a respectable sporting institution.

Oh deary me... It's not exactly a partnership. He gave FSG money, and got some shares in their company. They're hardly handing shares away for free.

I didn't see that. What?