You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Most likely bullshit, but a rumour that Jon Cena (some wrestling fella) has bought shares in LFC (Similar to the Lebron deal) is gathering lots of pace.

If true, not sure about how i'd feel? Is that the way we want to increase our marketability going forward, by whoring ourselves out piece by piece? Would it create pressure with supporter groups (most notably SOS)

Thoughts.........

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he just has a deal with FSG which, by extension, would result him 'owning' a minuscule portion of LFC, just like everyone else in the group. They can add whoever they want, really, it's not like a new FSG partner is going to have anything to do with us in practice unless they're pumping millions in.

Guest San Don
Most likely bullshit, but a rumour that Jon Cena (some wrestling fella) has bought shares in LFC (Similar to the Lebron deal) is gathering lots of pace.

If true, not sure about how i'd feel? Is that the way we want to increase our marketability going forward, by whoring ourselves out piece by piece? Would it create pressure with supporter groups (most notably SOS)

Thoughts.........

We're not 'whoring' ourselves out. FSG are like a Lloyds Syndicate. In otherwords people buy in and sell at different times. FSG's shareholding isnt being diluted. The distribution of who 'owns' how many shares will change all the time.

So calm the fuck down.

If its the same deal as LeBron its miniscule and I'm not bothered.

$1m per minute in an ad someone said James could earn us so if Cena does the same bring it on

Think you might have got it confused mate.

It would cost the club $1m per minute to get a primetime advertising slot like Lebron James gave us the other day when he wore that shirt from the offal store.

We're not 'whoring' ourselves out. FSG are like a Lloyds Syndicate. In otherwords people buy in and sell at different times. FSG's shareholding isnt being diluted. The distribution of who 'owns' how many shares will change all the time.

So calm the fuck down.

Don't quite get the anger shown there lad, i was just making a point. So wind your neck in.

As i said, it's only a rumour so there is nothing to "calm down" about.

Maybe whoring was the wrong word. I know from other threads the deal pissed off some members of SOS as they felt if anyone was to get shares in liverpool (however small, and by whatever method) it should be the fans.

Guest San Don
Don't quite get the anger shown there lad, i was just making a point. So wind your neck in.

As i said, it's only a rumour so there is nothing to "calm down" about.

Maybe whoring was the wrong word. I know from other threads the deal pissed off some members of SOS as they felt if anyone was to get shares in liverpool (however small, and by whatever method) it should be the fans.

Wind your neck in. 'Whoring ourselves about'?

Do fuck off.

It's not going to make a difference to who owns or runs the club, because FSG aren't going to give anywhere close to a majority of their shares away and it's probably only a token amount just so they can say they're involved. It's just a marketing hookup basically, and if it indirectly makes money to spend on the team by the association of having some American sports stars "owning" a share of us then so be it.

As to why fan groups aren't getting these shares, it's not about who owns the club it's about our market profile in the USA and the likes of Lebron and Cena's profile in Europe.

Edited by zigackly

Lebron James will have been given a small amount of the club but in return its in his best interest for the profits of the club to increase because when it comes to selling the club his share will be worth more.

James is a massive name in both the US and Asia which are both very lucrative markets which if we can crack will makes us a fortune.

Whether there is any truth to this rumour about Cena time will tell but once again i presume he is a big name in US sports.

If you start getting sports people all advertising the same club then people in the US will take note.

Fan ownership is a no go because it doesn't make the club any money.

I don't even think it's about owning a share of us to sell on at a profit for Lebron or Cena coop; I think they want their names associated with us as much as FSG want ours associated with them.

I'm betting they've been given hardly fuck all shares in actuality. Think of it as a mutual sponsorship.

I don't even think it's about owning a share of us to sell on at a profit coop, I think they want their names associated with us as much as FSG want ours associated with them. I'm betting they have fuck all shares in actuality.

Probably right mate.

FSG (or NESV before they bought us) are well known and respected in the US due to their work with the Red Sox.

One thing is for certain FSG will market everything they can out of the brand Liverpool FC whether we like it or not.

The bigger picture though is it will make the club more cash.

Probably right mate.

FSG (or NESV before they bought us) are well known and respected in the US due to their work with the Red Sox.

One thing is for certain FSG will market everything they can out of the brand Liverpool FC whether we like it or not.

The bigger picture though is it will make the club more cash.

Well this is the kind of thing Ayre was talking about when he said not everything they do will be liked on Merseyside but that's because a lot of it is aimed at different markets. We all have a moan about how the club never kept up with the Mancs on the corporate side, but this is the way it's going now and maybe this time we will be ahead of the curve. If it brings success on the pitch and we continue to do club business the Liverpool way then I personally don't give a fuck about all this marketing stuff as I can just ignore it.

I remember vividly buzzing off United in school cos they had the megastore and they sold United biscuits and toothpaste.

Whilst we had that shed in the maine stand car park selling the kit from behind a counter and programmes.

This has to be done.