You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

This part of it is not really helpful imo.

What they should do as they know that there is more than enough evidence of a couple of wrongdoings at this stage is to box it up and send it to the Senate. Unfortunately Dems realize that the Senate will flush this at any cost to whoever was involved except Trump.

So what should not look like a trial has now become one, to the point that it even seems sitting Senators are questioning due process at this stage. Due process is the next stage where, you know, Senators are jurors in the trial.

Yeah I can't see Reps in the senate impeaching him on this. They seem to have their take on it fixed in their heads so it looks like it's not going anywhere.

Some of you might remember me from the 2016 US election thread (joke). Bit of a ramble but it's been bugging me so noting it here :

It's sad how anything related to Ukraine interference in the 2016 election is dismissed as a conspiracy theory when there's proof that it did actually take place, even if it's on a way lesser scale than what Russia did.

I saw some of Fiona Hill's testimony yesterday and although it's clear that she's intelligent and knows what she's doing she also said anything to do with Ukraine was a conspiracy theory that wasn't helping I think. I watched a couple of hours of member questions to her and skipped her earlier part, but saw reports of it and maybe one clip (had watched a fair amount of the previous two days hearings, wasn't watching a third day as it'd taken too much of my time.)

Anyway there's two sets of theories on both countries. For those that've been watching the hearings maybe Schiff would say "2+2=4", or maybe he wouldn't with his erm...slight bias against Republican concerns and allegiance to the Democratic Party.

First two =

False = Trump campaign colluded with Russia. The Mueller report confirms that the whole thing seems to have been a media frenzied conspiracy theory, and that there was no evidence for this.

True = Russia interfered in the 2016 election. Ok I think we can accept that considering that both US parties investigated that and agree on it.

Second two =

False = Trump's current conspiracy theory that seems to include DNC servers being in the Ukraine (?!), and some other related stuff that can be classed as false I suppose seeing as it's such an insane theory. I haven't looked into the rest of this because I can't be doing with it but there's probably a whole host of other shit included.

True = The Ukrainian gov partly worked with the Clinton campaign and the DNC, which even if on a way smaller scale than what Russia is said to have done to interfere, was still interference. I could try and explain this in more detail but it'd probably take a while to try and write with any good enough level of accuracy and make this post way longer. You can look here for more details on that though (the first link has enough to get the idea and general info) :

Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump backfire

Ukrainian Embassy confirms DNC contractor solicited Trump dirt in 2016

There's was even a court ruling on this in the Ukraine (more here) but I read somewhere that it was later overturned for some reason. Whatever that reason was it clearly doesn't negate all involvement from the Ukrainian gov in the 2016 election.

It'd be good if the media could actually mention this from time to time, because to lump anything with Ukraine and the 2016 election all together with Trump's latest ramblings as conspiracy theory then dismiss the whole lot isn't accurate and not really helpful either. It is still interference after all and should be taken seriously by the US if they're genuinely concerned with rooting it out in all forms in future elections.

I watched a bit of the hearing the other day and to be honest I couldn't follow what the fuck they were on about so I just muttered "yank cunts" under my breath then put Only Fools & Horses on Netflix.

It was the one where Del buys all them gold chains. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched a bit of the hearing the other day and to be honest I couldn't follow what the fuck they were on about so I just muttered "yank cunts" under my breath then put Only Fools & Horses on Netflix.

Hahaha.

Big mistake by the Democrats.

Impeachment is a trial where the public is the jury.

There's still no wide-spread appetite for impeachment and removal from office--or rather they haven't whetted the appetite of anyone who wasn't hungry already.

If they do impeach him, Republican Senators will either quickly acquit him, or they'll hold a trial of their own--with the Democrats as the defendants.

If they don't impeach him they look incredibly weak.

In either case, they've handed Trump a club he'll used from now until 2024.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Denzel, nicht buying them!

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

We all know how this ends

The Republicans won't vote against him to remove him, he will claim its proof of innocence and a conspiracy 

And he'll add that to the non prosecution Mueller report and will have 2 "vindications" to run on. 

Then it'll be don junior to run in 2024 and the nepotism will be complete.

13 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

Big mistake by the Democrats.

Impeachment is a trial where the public is the jury.

There's still no wide-spread appetite for impeachment and removal from office--or rather they haven't whetted the appetite of anyone who wasn't hungry already.

If they do impeach him, Republican Senators will either quickly acquit him, or they'll hold a trial of their own--with the Democrats as the defendants.

If they don't impeach him they look incredibly weak.

In either case, they've handed Trump a club he'll used from now until 2024.

I think the Dems know they’d never have got the impeachment ratified by the senate even if they had video footage of Trump handing Putin the keys to the Whitehouse while getting pissed on by the ghost of Ilse Koch. 

They have something concrete and credible in the quid pro quo to Ukraine which gives the Dems the perfect traitorous narrative for the 2020 election while allowing the Russia stuff, which Putin will ensure is never fully provable, to fester away. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

I think the Dems know they’d never have got the impeachment ratified by the senate even if they had video footage of Trump handing Putin the keys to the Whitehouse while getting pissed on by the ghost of Ilse Koch. 

They have something concrete and credible in the quid pro quo to Ukraine which gives the Dems the perfect traitorous narrative for the 2020 election while allowing the Russia stuff, which Putin will ensure is never fully provable, to fester away. 

Yeah I said this to soneone the other day. Its a long term strategy of trying to make them unelectable come the next elections 

On 26/04/2019 at 17:53, SasaS said:

Who do you think will win among the Democrats?

On 26/04/2019 at 19:11, TheHowieLama said:

No idea pal - for me a guy like Bloomberg would have a great chance if they would push him to the front. Sanders can't even get a majority in his own party - so by definition he is un-electable.

5 minutes ago, moof said:

I think a billionaire who owns a large chunk of the media running for president is probably not a great thing, I’ll be completely honest 

I am pretty sure you know very little about him and you may not have your finger on the pulse of American politics.

Just a guess based on your posting past.