You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

46 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Maybe he was trying to send a personal message to another bitter and accidentally replied to that tweet? Fuck knows, but being 'hacked' seems the least likely explanation.

yeah, of course not. as others have said, the like the first thing a hacker is going to do is post about liverpool. 

i think it is all pretty funny. nobody wants to see him lose his job over it. i think most fans would probably sooner he came clean - the hacking thing is just something that makes him look more of a tit. 

if i was his boss at the bbc though i would probably be fucked off. have a work phone and if you are online with your mates on twitter while football is on, turn your work phone off. don't be a massive tit. 

49 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He looks a massive tit they say he handles it. But let's assume he has got a burner a count, who the fuck replies to that tweet as just a normal punter? Or is that really what people do? (Genuine question as I don't use twitter). 

I just wonder if it's not even a question of a burner account, he was just a bit pissed. 

Possibly. We'll obviously never know I guess. For all his faults, McNulty is an experienced, high profile journalist who's never tweeted (to my knowledge anyway) anything remotely so obviously partisan. It seems odd that the incident that tips him over the edge into "fuck these RS cunts" territory in public is a deflected equaliser at home to Fulham in the first leg of a League Cup semi final.

Why he would feel the need to have a burner "Bitter1878" account is beyond me, but he's an Evertonian. They must all need a safe space to be able to call the redshite cunts, amplify Sky6 conspiracy theories and fantasise about the effects of the new stadium?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Manny said:

Possibly. We'll obviously never know I guess. For all his faults, McNulty is an experienced, high profile journalist who's never tweeted (to my knowledge anyway) anything remotely so obviously partisan. It seems odd that the incident that tips him over the edge into "fuck these RS cunts" territory in public is a deflected equaliser at home to Fulham in the first leg of a League Cup semi final.

Why he would feel the need to have a burner "Bitter1878" account is beyond me, but he's an Evertonian. They must all need a safe space to be able to call the redshite cunts, amplify Sky6 conspiracy theories and fantasise about the effects of the new stadium?

so i am not on social media at all ... well unless you count this and linkedin. but i get the impression, a bit like heroin, once you get into it, you are fucking into it. my guess is he had a bit of brown because it was part of his job, but it just wasn't enough for him, so he needed your Bitter1878 account.

i have often operated more than one working email address at the same time, which has been problematic at times and to save accidents such as that last night (well sending mails from the wrong account), i found ways to make it less likely to happen, including either a separate phone all together or at least use a separate app on the phone for each business. most people seem to think it was a bit of that. i wouldn't rule out it being a mate while he was at the bar and left his phone unlocked. 

33 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Guess that once your in, his passwords are fairly easy.

Heysel. Collina  Clive Thomas. Die Nicky Die. Corrupt. Redshite.blah blah

Imagine going in the Brick and robbing loads of wallets. Just go the cash machine and all of them will have 1878 as their PIN. 

Like in Trainspotting 2 where they Rob everyone's wallet from the orange lodge pub. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I want McNulty hanged.

And I want JohnnyH hanged alongside him.

Is Johnny in his corner because he’s Irish?  Can’t see any other reason for defending the indefensible. 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

All the bitters go on about is the RS media and BBC Sport is always top of the list when they claim Rs bias but here we have the boss being a bitter blue. 

Liars 

They're massively over represented considering they haven't been remotely relevant for the best part of 35 years and haven't had a genuine superstar since one-season Lineker. Well, aside from about 10 minutes of Rooney before he fucked off at the first chance he got.

They'd be writing to the lead singer of Echo & the Bunnymen, Merseyside Police, Andy Burnham, Rishi Sunak and the head of the BBC to demand he face the death penalty if he was a kopite and had "accidentally" tweeted something anout Everton. The moaning fucking twats. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Mudface said:

They're massively over represented considering they haven't been remotely relevant for the best part of 35 years and haven't had a genuine superstar since one-season Lineker. Well, aside from about 10 minutes of Rooney before he fucked off at the first chance he got.

They still think they are the biggest club in the PL behind the mancs. Some believe that they are bigger than us because more locals allegedly support them. 

They've won nothing for 29 years and constantly moan about the bigger clubs getting all the decisions. They need to make their minds up.

w=420

But did that have anything to do with him? I'm not a fan of using random cup successes as evidence of a good manager, chairman, owner, squad etc. Benitez is a typical example of this, won a cup in his first season in the most jammy and fluke way possible, then live of it, rely on a moment of brilliance to get you to penalties against West Ham. We would of won the FA cup in 2016, if Lukaku hadn't pissed about with the pen and we should of took other chances. Like when Rogers nearly won the league hadn't nothing to do him and everything to do with Suarez.
That FA Cup win in 1995 was thoroughly deserved mate. We beat the best club in the land to win it as well.

I think that FA Cup win reflected well on everyone, players, manager and chairman alike. It was Peter Johnson who appointed Joe Royle as manager after all.

I stand by my opinion that he was doing a good job, up until the moment his business started to have financial problems. As for Benitez he would have won nothing at the rs if it wasn't for slippy g imo.

5 hours ago, Pidge said:

I like my football dispassionate, professional and as objective as possible.

True, Pidge but this isn't the writer for "Joe" or something like "This is Anfield".

He's in a very prominent job at the national broadcaster - an organisation which prides itself on certain standards.  He's paid out of taxpayers' money (via the licence, obviously).

He will have had a fitful night's sleep last night to say the least.

He posted about 40 times after that faux pas to try to get it off his timeline, and buried.  His daily average is about 10.  Yesterday it was about 60.

As has been said, although he is a Blue, his bitterness never comes through the writing, which I always enjoy.  I wouldn't want to see him sacked or anything like that.  Maybe a bit of community service sweeping up outside Anfield on a matchday.  Or glass collecting in the Albert.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

My grandad was his gardener. Johnson used to ask him what the names of the flowers were, and grandad said he just used to make up a stupid but plausible name, as he had blagged his way into the job and hadn't a clue about horticulture. 

Reminded me of Tom in Parks and Rec

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1