You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you have Rafa back?

The Dude Abides

yes or no?  

534 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 882
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did I edit that just as you clicked on it? I did originally put are instead of aren't but now confused where the extra not might go.

Haha yeah I thought you did. Thought I was going senile for a minute.

Regarding Stan and Aldo mate, I would argue that Stan did more regarding highlighting the ex-owners than Aldridge did which was poor form on Aldo's part. Not just him either to be fair but a load of other Liverpool ''legends'' could have done more. That is where I will give Stan some credit as he had nothing to gain or lose by it like too many ex- legend players worried about losing perks. I don't particularly like Aldridge but some of the guff on Twitter to him was silly.

Haha yeah I thought you did. Thought I was going senile for a minute.

Regarding Stan and Aldo mate, I would argue that Stan did more regarding highlighting the ex-owners than Aldridge did which was poor form on Aldo's part. Not just him either to be fair but a load of other Liverpool ''legends'' could have done more. That is where I will give Stan some credit as he had nothing to gain or lose by it like too many ex- legend players worried about losing perks. I don't particularly like Aldridge but some of the guff on Twitter to him was silly.

I go out of my way to avoid listening to or reading anything by Collymore to be honest. I have no time for his footie opinion. Mainly due to him massively unplaying the owners contributions and overplaying Rafa's. That is though the first time I've heard him being mentioned regarding the previous owners. What exactly did he say like?

Most of the clubs legends did fuck all but I didn't expect too much really. Haven't seen what exactly was said to Aldo but seen his comment about giving it a wide birth. He does make some very silly comments though.

Just that the ''pro-Rafa'' on Twitter gave him a load of shit apparently for saying he wouldn't want Rafa back or words to that effect. Anyone who criticises Rafa has been subject to the same over the last 12 months.Redknapp, Murphy, Whelan, Collymore and now Aldridge (who didn't really criticise him just said he didn't want him back here) ex players who dared to criticise him over the last year or two have been subject to character assassinations and abuse for giving an opinion.

Not saying you are wrong Ronnie but it goes both ways.

They're a strange breed all right. I call them the Rafia

I go out of my way to avoid listening to or reading anything by Collymore to be honest. I have no time for his footie opinion. Mainly due to him massively unplaying the owners contributions and overplaying Rafa's. That is though the first time I've heard him being mentioned regarding the previous owners. What exactly did he say like?

Most of the clubs legends did fuck all but I didn't expect too much really. Haven't seen what exactly was said to Aldo but seen his comment about giving it a wide birth. He does make some very silly comments though.

Whatever Stan's opinion on football and I agree he talks some tosh but I also think he plays to the listeners gallery as well. Back in 2009 and earlier on this year though he regularly dedicated his Talksport shows mentioning our plight as well as his Mirror column which also he gave a lot of mentions to the same as well.

As I say, so many of our legends could have taken a leaf out of his book regarding that.

Whatever Stan's opinion on football and I agree he talks some tosh but I also think he plays to the listeners gallery as well. Back in 2009 and earlier on this year though he regularly dedicated his Talksport shows mentioning our plight as well as his Mirror column which also he gave a lot of mentions to the same as well.

As I say, so many of our legends could have taken a leaf out of his book regarding that.

Fair do's then. As I said, I tried not to read or listen to him for the reasons that he annoys.

A yes from me as long as he agreed to certain stipulations.

He is one of the best tacticians around and while I agree and understand the effect it would have on some people at the club (not a dig at anyone) I genuinely feel that he shouldn't have been sacked in the first place and I feel he is still one of the best managers around. Another manager I like is Mancini and he will most likely be getting the boot when City implode so him and Rafa would be my two favourite candidates for the job.

I understand that others don't want him and will disagree but meh I still respect the man.

Hold on untill penalties?

I don't really get alot of people throwing their toys out because of the poll

1st off I really doubt he'll get anywhere near the job when Roy goes.

2nd, Most of the same people pining for him wouldn't be saying fuck all if we had a proper manager right now.

We get a proper manager who at least shows he has a direction and a bit of backbone and all this bring Rafa back stuff will go away.

You do realise this poll has no inclination on whether or not he gets the job, right?

You're not very bright are you?

Calm down sweetie it's only a poll, just shocked with the results with this being TLW, it seems I'm not the only one.

Does make you wonder what the likes of yourself are thinking, probably the 61% are muppets that have never been to a game or just started watching Liverpool after 05 yea?