You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Schweinsteiger wants to go to England

Unrighteous

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still only 26. Thought he was older then that. Quality player.

Yup, 26 and already more than 80 appearances from Germany. A lot of people don't realise how awesome this guy is because he plays in an underappreciated domestic league.

He was the best player at the world cup by far IMHO.

He'd be perfect for the Premier League as well. Would absolutely love to have him, but can't see it happening.

Yup, 26 and already more than 80 appearances from Germany. A lot of people don't realise how awesome this guy is because he plays in an underappreciated domestic league.

He was the best player at the world cup by far IMHO.

He'd be perfect for the Premier League as well. Would absolutely love to have him, but can't see it happening.

2 World cups and a Euro Championship already. He has been class in every one, like Gerrard you can put him anywhere on the pitch and would still be the best player. We have no chance though, he is a champions league player.

He's an absolutely fantastic player, and I get the feeling that he wouldn't actually cost as much as he's worth. He isn't a massive name despite being one of the top 5 in the world in his position, but we would have to be in a much better league position to be in with a chance of landing him.

He's an absolutely fantastic player, and I get the feeling that he wouldn't actually cost as much as he's worth. He isn't a massive name despite being one of the top 5 in the world in his position, but we would have to be in a much better league position to be in with a chance of landing him.

Let's win some games and improve our position in the League! He's cup-tied in the CL this season anyway 'cos he's played for Bayern. But could he play for us in EL then? ;)

I'd doubt he would go to England anytime soon. Also pretty sure those quotes are out of context. I can't imagine him saying english supporters are better than those of Bayern. He might be thinking that, mind, but not say it like that. What I don't get is why nobody mentions Podolski. He is having a bit of a mare with Köln at the moment, IMO he would definitely be available and for not too much. His left foot is deadly, shoot and cross-wise. Perfect player left of Torres.

Oi - see post 28

& I agree completely with your last comment

Let's win some games and improve our position in the League! He's cup-tied in the CL this season anyway 'cos he's played for Bayern. But could he play for us in EL then? ;)

Can't seem him being enamoured to play in famous games against FC Robotni and the like.

Once we've sacked Roy we might dream again otherwise wil likely join Torres and Reina at Chelsea or Gerrard at United.

I'd love him here. Very "modern" defensive midfielder ie. can pass, tackle, shoot and dribble. Would be a massive, massive upgrade on Poocas. Next best option would be Banega.

Still shits me to think we wasted money on Aquilani when we could have saved it for a better player.

How the fuck could United get him then? They're skint.

I've been thinking this for a little bit now.

Every time I read the Gossip Column on BBC they're linked with every fucker albeit that they're £720m+ in debt and yet we're being linked with the likes of Carlton Cole.

On the flip side though. I do find it highly amusing how we're treated to usual "We're gonna sign x, y and z!" and nobody is signed due to Mr Glazer and co enjoying the x amount they get every year from player sales, ticket revenue and merchandise (which cleverly involves the Green and Gold Newton Heath range in the clubshop).

• 3 weeks later...
BREAKING GOSSIP

Bayern Munich coach Louis van Gaal has put top English Premier League clubs on alert after admitting on Saturday the club could sell star midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger next summer if he does not extend his contract, which expires in 2012.

(Bild)

Come on Roy hurry up and pack your bags so we can get a decent manager in and get 4th and then bring home the pork sword stabber in time for next season.

None of this poulsen poultry.