You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Inter enquire about Mascherano's availability

Monster Masch

Sky Sports News; Sky Sports | Home | News | Inter move for Mascherano

Javier Mascherano's agent claims Inter Milan have made tentative enquiries regarding his client's availability.

The Liverpool midfielder has been strongly linked with an exit from Anfield this summer, with numerous clubs touted as possible destinations.

Spanish giants Barcelona are reported to be long-time admirers of the Argentina international, but they are currently focused on their pursuit of Cesc Fabregas.

That has potentially opened the door to other potential suitors, with Serie A champions Inter making the first move.

Former Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is now in charge at Giuseppe Meazza and is well aware of the qualities Mascherano has to offer.

With contract talks on Merseyside currently stalled, while the South American star is away on World Cup duty, Inter hope they can steal in and snatch the 25-year-old away.

"There has already been a first contact with director Marco Branca," Mascherano's agent Marco Piccioli told ITA Sport Press - ITASportPress offre una copertura completa dell'informazione sportiva. Notizie, approfondimenti, risultati, Calcio, Formula1, Motomondiale, Basket, Volley, Rugby, Ciclismo, Tennis, Atletica, Vela, Sport Invernali, Pugilato..

"We are evaluating the move hard and in the next few days we will have a new meeting to better establish the details of this transfer deal.

"It is no mystery that he is a player liked by Inter and by Benitez. There is nothing concrete at the moment, but we are in the talking phase."

Mascherano has done little to curb the speculation, recently admitting that he could be tempted to follow Benitez to Italy.

"Would I follow Benitez? I don't know," he said with a shrug.

"At the moment I really know little about my future.

"But of course with Benitez at Liverpool I experienced three incredible years. His football is my football."

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Rafa benitez's football is my football" he wasnt saying that last season when he was pimping himself to Barca, great player but he doesn't seem the loyal type whether its him or his agent he doesn't stay at a club long,we need players who want to play for Liverpool fc if he doesnt then let him go would prefer a swap deal though cos the yanks will swallow any money offered

Great player at what he does, one of the few performers this season (apart from first month or so). Would like him to stay but he is replaceable. Hopefully we can get a bit of a bidding war going although I think it will only end up in Dollars!! swap deal would be best, would prefer that santon although i think it would be a bad move from Rafa for the inter faithful.

That Balotelli is a more talented Ryan Babel, a modern day Collymore. Terrible attitude.

I'd take Pandev and Chivu as I reckon that's a bit more realistic than Eto'o but he'd be the dream swap.

Pandev and Chivu makes us much better at the back and gives a spark upfront. Pandev can play with Torres, on his own, or on the flanks when necessary. Would be a decent swap as Lucas could do a job as a ball winner for us (or should that be top fouler)

Makes me laugh when people bemoan the mercenary nature of footballers. What else do you expect? Loyalty? Fuck off. Players are constantly taking the piss out of supporters with all the badge-kissing "I love the club, best fans in the world etc etc." bullshit. Football at our level is a business, first and foremost, and the 'traditions' of the game are now nothing but myths exploited to separate supporters from their money.

Mugs, the lot of us.

One thing I don't understand, is this perception we should buy British talent to install passion in the side etc. all that bollocks. Look at Gareth Barry, sold out to City for £££, Cashley Cole whoring himself out to Chelsea, Rooney to United, Joe Cole's crazy wage demands at chelsea despite being a bit part player. Shit, even Stevie Gerrard whored himself out to Chelsea two summers running, even after we won the Champions League he put in a transfer request to become a rentboy, you know the song "he kisses the badge on his chest, and puts in a transfer request". That's modern football, it's no longer a game of who has the best managers, the best coaching teams etc. It's a game of who has the richest owners. Watch our decline, and then straight after us United will follow, that's the only thing that brings me any comfort in this hell.

Doubt there's any chance of us getting Chivu or Pandev, lads, so dream on. We'll get offered someone jarg like Muntari and £15m.

Wouldn't consider anything below £30m for Mascher.

Watch our decline, and then straight after us United will follow, that's the only thing that brings me any comfort in this hell.

Oh yes indeed. I hope they enjoy gravedancing, because it'll be all the sweeter when the bubble bursts.

Going way OT here, but I pray that when TV streaming improves and becomes more widespread that enough people are stealing live football for the value of broadcast rights to fall. Arse falls out of the Premier League. Fans reclaim the game. We might well be fighting it out with Northampton for a play-off place in the second or third division by then, but I'd rather start from scratch with a clean bill of health than continue being raped - financially and emotionally - and laughed at by cunts in suits and garish, personalised football boots.