You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cameron: "Cuts will change our way of life"

Section_31

Read that again. Do you realise what a mongy fucking frenzy you're lathering yourself into in an effort to ignore the obvious.

The law already being there is irrelevant. The decision to take action on it and explore all it's fucked up possibilities isn't.

In 2002 labour didn't try and tender all the police functions to the private sector. In 2003 labour didn't try and tender all the police functions to the private sector. In 2004 labour didn't try and tender all the police functions to the private sector. In 2005 labour didn't try and tender all the police functions to the private sector.In 2006 labour didn't try and tender all the police functions to the private sector.In 2007 labour didn't try and tender all the police functions to the private sector......in 2012 The Coalition DID tender all the police functions to the private sector. You see the difference, it's in acting upon it.

Again you know that, you're just a liar.

You know the police wouldn't do this without government involvement but you'd rather lie about it because it looks better for your party.

I don't give a shit how it looks for "my" party. Police forces have these legal powers and what the government thinks is secondary. Although I don't know what the government thinks because they've said precisely nothing about it. What I do know for certain is that this has been around since 2002 and it's not a new thing.

If the government has told the police to do this, then you shouldn't have any trouble finding evidence should you?

So, to sum up, fuck off.

Tbh if you think David M would be much better you would be severly disappointed. The was only one decent guy who put himself up and I cant even recall his name, clearly was a bit lefty and therefore dangerous and he was locked in a cupboard with Robin Cook and George Galloway and made to do something obscure out of the public eye. Maybe talk radio.

Labour now has a mandate if it wants. "We will restore the NHS".

The problem with campaigning on that is that they'd have to deliver on it, and they don't want to. Everyone knows that Labour secretly supports about 90% of what the coalition is doing, even if they want to play childish political games in public.

Tbh if you think David M would be much better you would be severly disappointed. The was only one decent guy who put himself up and I cant even recall his name, clearly was a bit lefty and therefore dangerous and he was locked in a cupboard with Robin Cook and George Galloway and made to do something obscure out of the public eye. Maybe talk radio.

' Red Ed ' Miliband was talked about as a left winger before he got the role, and look how that has turned out. I doubt there are any genuine left wingers that are capable of being labour leader. I don't particularly like David Miliband but he'd have the Tories on the run more than his lisping joke of a brother.

' Red Ed ' Miliband was talked about as a left winger before he got the role, and look how that has turned out. I doubt there are any genuine left wingers that are capable of being labour leader. I don't particularly like David Miliband but he'd have the Tories on the run more than his lisping joke of a brother.

I honestly don't know what the makeup of the Labour party is like these days, but it doesn't appear to have any kind of soul. The Tories have a hard core which basically despise Cameron (many of them consider him a liberal, terrifying) but there's a definite ideological heart beating at the back there, agree with them or not. I genuinely don't see that with Labour. I see a bunch of political class people who are essentially pretty bland and pretty weak. I genuinely don't know what the party stands for.

It needs to go back to the drawing board and define what its ideals are, something it should have done two years ago.

The underlying problem though, with everything, is that the British value system is underpinned by absolutely nothing, absolutely nothing. It affects everything, from the way a nurse ignores the cries of an elderly patient because she's knocking off in ten minutes, to the banker who plays Roulette with his own company's future, to the politician that fudges his expenses, the teenage bird that leaves her kid at home while she goes out and gets pissed.

As long as this is the rank and file making up the British public, you're going to have a hard time selling any agenda at all. The only way you can influence them, or govern them, is through having the media on your side and being able to convince them quickly and easily - via soundbite form - that you're the best bet to satisfy their personal interest.

Brown lost the last election through being made to look daft on camera, while Cameron repeated the phrase 'strong and stable Government' while moving his hands in strong downward movements.

The next leader to triumph will be the one that best reaches out to the vast morass of accentless cunts that rule the media and 'business', convinces them he's their friend Blair-style, and is able to get his simple message repeated enough and in a favourable way.

Ideally David Miliband should be placed in charge until the election, and then Caesared once he's won.

Am not so worried about it going thru, with the foreskins that fill parliment your surprised its taken so long if anything.

Clearly the purple glistening phalluses arent listening and are highly trained ignorant pigs who are in way over their tissue spitshined bullhedz and I have faith in the people to riot properly and finish guy fawkes work before cutting these cunts heads clean off to ensure it never happens again.

Stu I told you, hes a faggot, just lay it down to him and move on. Hes only here to cause confusion he thinks hes a prophet sent to educate us ignorant idiots and save us from ourselves.

He loathes scousers, loves the rich, suck the dick of authority and loves fisting facts up his own arse, ready for when the sphincter is about to start flatulencing with his daily mail fibrous feaces.

He is the lib dem equivalent of comical ali and my advice to everyone is just to ignore him as its not like you have to deconstruct his transparent arguments. This is the creature who grinds his axe post in, post out and loves to accuse everyone who have got a thought in their head of having axe to grind.

He is the dimmest resident poster on here, imo its like getting into a debate with Sara Palin. These people are retards. When we start the revolution all theyll probly do is squeal. No matter cos the police will be with the people, which is why it makes sense for the government to divide it.

Who cut the police budget so theyd have to privatise regardless?

As I say, England is overdue a revolution and the people in power are miscalculating because they have an agenda they must force down the publics throat at some point it will retch, bawk, vomit its whole stomach out and start again. Of course it will get messy.

The problem with campaigning on that is that they'd have to deliver on it, and they don't want to. Everyone knows that Labour secretly supports about 90% of what the coalition is doing, even if they want to play childish political games in public.

I love your technique of just making stuff up and passing it as fact, based on some claimed inside knowledge. You are the Duncan Oldham of political debate.

Thats true. Cos despite what you think, they are all the fucking same.

He never was, who coined that phrase, it was the scum wasnt it? As with any such stupid fucking nickname soundbite its just for tards.

The same prats who said Obama was a lefty. If only he was white people could see his true colours.

But yeah back to Ed, no, hes a bland politician with a famous lefty father, a team of advisors and an even worse cretin of a brother. David Milliband, fucked up on the finish line, cos he hadnt tied his laces properly, scuffed his testicles and ran home crying to his mother never to be seen again cos hes a spoiled brat centre right Blair wannabe who didnt get his way.

And where is he now while all this shit is going on and the corporates are ransacked the country? Where is he, whats he had to say? Is there any reason for not using his influenced for the good of the country?

Oh yes, I forgot, his own team of fucknut plum necked chums will be telling him to stay silent for the sake of his own image and political career. His only moves have been to leak discontent rumours about his brother like the faggot coward he is. Likely he is also advising and lobbying in the corridors of power for some hedge fund corporate entity that wants to privatise the right to fuck our wives on the night of are wedding. But you know wat happens in Braveheart. Id sack york and throw their faggot boyfreinds out the tower.

From the BBC;

Labour have failed in a last-ditch bid to delay planned changes to the NHS in England, with MPs set to approve the coalition's proposals.

Calls for MPs to postpone their final consideration of the NHS overhaul until an assessment of the potential risks is published were defeated by 82 votes.

The House of Lords approved the Health and Social Care Bill on Monday and MPs are set to follow suit.

The government hopes it will now get Royal Assent and become law by Easter.

The Health and Social Care Bill has had a difficult passage through Parliament with the government conceding substantial changes to the legislation.

The government overcame the final major parliamentary obstacle to the bill when it defeated a Labour motion on the issue of the NHS risk register by 328 to votes to 246.

MPs are now considering amendments to the bill agreed earlier by the Lords, prior to giving it final approval.

'No purpose'

For Labour, shadow health secretary Andy Burnham appeared to concede the passage of the bill into law was now going to happen, adding: "The only hope that I can give to people worried about the future of the NHS today is that this might be the end of the bill but it is just the beginning of our campaign."

But Health Secretary Andrew Lansley told the Commons: "The truth is, this is political opportunism dressed up as principle. This is a debate for no purpose."

Ahead of the debate, Conservative and Lib Dem ministers "banged" the table at a cabinet meeting to mark the impending passing of the NHS reforms into law.

It won't officially come into force until the Queen has signed the bill and it returns to the Commons for Royal Assent some time before Easter.

The legislation would abolish Strategic Health Authorities and Primary Care Trusts and give much greater control over care budgets and commissioning decisions to GPs and other health professionals.

It has been the subject of a prolonged battle over the past year - with professional bodies representing doctors, nurses and other NHS workers resisting the changes.

There has also been criticism from several leading Liberal Democrats of Conservative Health Secretary Andrew Lansley's plans. But the prime minister's spokesman said there had been "cross-party banging" of the table in cabinet.

'Two-tier service'

He added that it would become law before the Easter Recess, which starts next Tuesday.

But unions said they would not relent in their opposition to the bill once it became law.

"We will continue to campaign hard to try and mitigate the worst excesses of this bill," said Unison general secretary Dave Prentis, adding that ministers were ignoring the "groundswell of opposition" to the proposals.

"Patients will have a two-tier health service and where they live will determine the healthcare they receive."

Members of Unison, which represents more than a million public sector workers, held a minute's silence outside Parliament in protest at the changes.

A proud day for democracy.

I don't give a shit how it looks for "my" party. Police forces have these legal powers and what the government thinks is secondary. Although I don't know what the government thinks because they've said precisely nothing about it. What I do know for certain is that this has been around since 2002 and it's not a new thing.

If the government has told the police to do this, then you shouldn't have any trouble finding evidence should you?

So, to sum up, fuck off.

Just because there a law on the books that allows you to do something stupid does not mean that if you decide to do something nobody has done before it isn't a new thing. Deciding to act upon it and tender for all functions of policing IS a new thing. But again, you know that, you're just clouding the issue as you always do.

Luckily whenever the government decide to do something hugely unpopular, like privatising the police, they video their private conversations between the two intitutions and put it on youtube, so yeah of course I've got evidence of it. Here's the link: http://www.youareafuckingnumpty.com

The idea that the police force issues a tender document for all aspects of policing, on behalf of the whole national force, without any government involvement is, frankly, laughable. If you actually believe that then I've got some magic beans for sale if you want them, dead cheap they are too.

Tooth, what's with calling everyone a faggot? Not cool, man.

So we under this 'central' government we have

Privatised NHS

Trippling of student tuition fees

20% Vat - (VAT was 7.5% when Thatcher was elected)

Free slave labour being used by Tescos and McDonalds

People with terminal cancer being told they have to work for free if they have more than 6 months left to live

School funding being cut, yet billions found for Michael Gove's free school program

And still Philip Green doesn't have to pay his taxes

Is this still most the progressive government in history?

So we under this 'central' government we have

Privatised NHS

No we don't.

Trippling of student tuition fees

£3290 to an average of £8678 isn't a tripling.

20% Vat - (VAT was 7.5% when Thatcher was elected)

VAT is a progressive tax, according to the IFS.

Free slave labour being used by Tescos and McDonalds

Wrong.

People with terminal cancer being told they have to work for free if they have more than 6 months left to live

Untrue.

School funding being cut, yet billions found for Michael Gove's free school program

Schools budget is being increased by £3.6bn over the next four years.

And still Philip Green doesn't have to pay his taxes

Everyone has to pay their taxes.

Is this still most the progressive government in history?

It certainly inspires the most moronic criticism in history.

VAT is a progressive tax, according to the IFS.

I see what you've done there but do you believe flat-rate taxation is progressive? I'm unsure how any tax which makes the poorest tenth of society pay double the richest tenth as a percentage of income can be called progressive.

Nursing posts fall in cull of NHS staff

By Nick Triggle Health correspondent, BBC News

Doctors and nurses Nurse posts are among those that have been lost in the past year

Continue reading the main story

Related Stories

NHS workforce hits 1.4 million

'More than 50,000' NHS jobs to go

NHS reform 'could shut hospitals'

NHS staff numbers in England have seen their biggest drop in a decade with nursing posts among those culled, official figures show.

The workforce declined by nearly 20,000 - 1.4% - in 2011 to 1,350,000.

Most of the drop related to support and managerial staff, but nurse numbers also fell by 1% - despite promises by ministers to protect the frontline.

It comes after NHS finance chiefs have been told they need to find even more savings than expected.

The health service has been working on the basis that £20bn of efficiency savings needed to be identified by 2015 to cope with the growing demands related to the ageing population and lifestyle factors such as obesity.

But NHS finance chiefs are now working on the basis that a similar amount will have to be found in the following spending period because of the squeeze on public finances.

It is understood they were told the productivity drive would have to continue beyond 2015 in recent meetings with senior Department of Health officials.

'Challenging period'

Professor Chris Ham, the chief executive of the King's Fund think-tank, said: "It promises to be an even more challenging period for the NHS than expected."

The decline in the workforce figures - released by the NHS Information Centre - have been partly expected because thousands of managers and admin staff have been made redundant in primary care trusts which are being abolished under the government's reforms.

In total, support staff numbers fell by nearly 14,000 in the year to September 2011 - a fall of 6%.

Manager posts saw the single biggest decline, dropping by 9% to 38,0000.

But nurse posts also reduced - something unions had been warning would happen. The total employed fell by nearly 3,500, 1% of the total.

However, GP and consultant numbers rose and overall staff numbers are still up by more than a fifth from a decade ago.

Peter Carter, general secretary of the Royal College of Nursing, said the figures were "incredibly worrying" and the situation was only going to get worse.

He added: "Despite the rhetoric, we know that frontline jobs are not being protected and NHS trusts must stop making cuts in a quick fix attempt to save money.

"Put bluntly, the idea that cutting hundreds of jobs from a hospital will not affect the care of patients is ludicrous."

The Chancellor has announced an immediate 1% cut in corporation tax after saying he wanted to make the UK's tax system more competitive for business than in any major economy across the world.

George Osborne told the Commons that the headline rate of corporate tax was the most visible sign of how competitive the UK was.

He said: "We've already cut the rate from 28% to 26%. This April it is due to fall again to 25%. I can announce today a further cut of 1% - to be implemented right away.

"From next month, Britain will have a corporation tax rate of just 24%, and we will continue with the two further cuts planned next year and the year after.

"So that by 2014, Britain will have a 22% rate of corporation tax. The biggest sustained reduction in business tax rates for a generation.

"A headline rate that is not just lower than our competitors, but dramatically lower - 18% lower than the US, 16% lower than Japan, 12% below France and 8% below Germany.

"An advertisement for investment and jobs in Britain, and a rate that puts our country within sight of a 20% rate of business tax that would align basic rate income tax, the small companies rate and the corporation tax rate."

The Chancellor also announced a doubling of grants to help new start-up businesses recruit and retain staff, saying the tax reductions were aimed at winning business.

Business groups have been pressing the Government to use the Budget to speed up help for firms so they can create jobs to offset losses in the public sector.

pfft

I see what you've done there but do you believe flat-rate taxation is progressive? I'm unsure how any tax which makes the poorest tenth of society pay double the richest tenth as a percentage of income can be called progressive.

The poorest spend a higher proportion of their money on items that are zero-rated or in the lower band for VAT. The IFS also looked at VAT against lifetime expenditure rather than a snapshot of income at any one time, as they reason that that is a more accurate measure of personal circumstances, which is how they came to the conclusion that VAT is slightly progressive.

Today's fun fact: a full-time worker on minimum wage is now paying less than half the income tax they paid under Labour.

The poorest spend a higher proportion of their money on items that are zero-rated or in the lower band for VAT. The IFS also looked at VAT against lifetime expenditure rather than a snapshot of income at any one time, as they reason that that is a more accurate measure of personal circumstances, which is how they came to the conclusion that VAT is slightly progressive.

Today's fun fact: a full-time worker on minimum wage is now paying less than half the income tax they paid under Labour.

That will be the minimum wage that Labour introduced?

That one?

Of course the pensioners earning just above £10'000 who are going to be worse off are just unlucky!

And the 300'000 who have suddenly found themselves paying the higher rate of tax are also unlucky.

But when the Mail says;

Is that really fair? Osborne says he's hitting super-rich... but half of Britain's pensioners face £3bn 'hidden tax'

Read more: BUDGET 2012: Is that really fair? Osborne says he's hitting super-rich... but half of Britain's pensioners face £3bn 'hidden tax' | Mail Online

And the Guardian says;

Budget 2012: A shocking budget from an unfair chancellor

Budget 2012: A shocking budget from an unfair chancellor | UK news | guardian.co.uk

You really do have to question the reasoning behind it. Ed M looked good! That is how shite it was, it made Ed M look good.