You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benitez officially gone!

karl1987

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The beginning of the end.

Get a life.

It's a sad day, thanks for the good times and good luck.

This club has been through much worse, and may have to go through much worse still in the coming months.

We have always survived, and will even survive the two yanks.

Daglish left and we survived, Shanks, Bob etc.

Why would Rafa leaving be the beginning of the end?

Get some fucking perspective.

while i think this is the best thing for all parties, i'm gutted that this has happened to a good man and manager. he brought us some seriously good times and even some bad ones.

but i think he deserves a tremendous amount of respect for what he's done here.

Thanks for the memories Rafa. I'm sorry to see you go. You deserved to be treated better toward the end. There's no doubt in mind you'll move on and continue to be successful at your next gig.

How sad that a cunt who's done fuck all for the club in his year of service, has driven out the manager who brought #5 home.

Kenny's been trotted out to paper over the fact that Purslow has no business deciding on who the next manager should be. I fucking hate that it's come to this.

Hopefully Kenny will actually have some say in what happens next.

I too feel gutted and hope that Rafa does well whatever job he does.

If he goes to Inter they will certainly wanna give him a WAR chest to take on all in italy and champs league and with the amount of money he should get we will see what he can really do...

He was treated extremely bad a lot of the time and there was obvious contempt for him tryin to establish his authority. I genuinely hope that Inter or whoever u manage treats him better & will builds an empire around him - Like we should have. Purslow &Broughton have acted appauling and cancer and aids your time is up to get the fuck out of OUR club.

All I hope all the work he did building our youth system doesnt go down the pan when he leaves, because there certainly was some promising signs coming from the academy..

BUt if Torres and Gerrard now decide to stay because rafa has gone then who knows what was really going on.... Here types one confused and disilusioned fan...

All we can do now is wish the next manager ever success and get our club back to winning ways.

YNWA

I reckon RAWK is now awash with tearful & angry threads.

Sad to see him leave but i feel he had his chance. Constrained with transfer budgets but the players he did buy alot of them were'nt good enough.

gerrard-benitez_1342262c.jpg

Edited by Johnni

Come on all the mouthy fucks who wanted him out - now - and tell us what the future holds.

Come on - with your choice of managers - tell us who we can attract whilst there's no fucking money in the till.

Tell us how it can get better when the owners are holding out for a ransom.

Not quite so simple.

Good luck Benitez - I hope you go to a club with money for transfers - and thanks.

You never deserved the insults and shit ignorant comments some levelled at you.

Just one more thing - don't hold back on the twats in charge - let us know the lot.

Well, when he rubbed his hands together and said "They can't afford to sack me!" he was wrong!

They really couldn't, but he figured we're a lost cause anyway, why bother with these losers, rubbed his hands together again, said show me the money, pocketed a cool 6M, and said so long suckers, I'm off to Milan to screw them for the next 4 years. That's a fact. I heard it myself. In the pub.

Its sad for the man on a personal level, he did some great things but i don't think there is any doubt that he had lost the dressing room and that the team under him were going backwards. Its better for all involved and that includes himself that he has left.

I hope he does well in his next job.

Absolutely gutted with this news.

Legend of a man, thanks for many great memories.

Thanks for exposing the Yanks for what they really are - along with Purslow, Parry etc.

Dignified from the beginning till the end, a lesser manager would have walked years ago.

We won't find a foreign or non Liverpool manager with as much love for the club as you.

All the best in the future.

YNWA

Even though I have wanted him gone for some time now, this feels like a bit like a punch in the stomach.

Thank you for the good times and best of luck onwards to Rafa. I believe he is a good man and an excellent manager who lost his way in part due to the arrival of new completely useless owners.