You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops (COD 7)

Yozzer

I do the vast majority of my shopping at Sainsburys so it looks a sensible possibility for me, seems to good to be true to me though.

Well if you shop there, then 2 birds with 1 stone, unless you've already pre-ordered with someone else of course....

It happens every year with all the sought after titles. I've had friends queue outside shops waiting for the midnight release, only to be told that they under ordered on stock (lies), but as a gesture of good will, they'd knock a percentage off another title, anywhere between 10% & 25%. Said mates have gone back to the same store during the next morning, and they have had an abundance of the game in question.

It's a great ploy from the shops point of view, but is a royal pain in the arse if you queue for a midnight release, or go out your way to find a store offering a promotion similar to the one Sainsburys have for Black Ops, only to be told they don't have the stock to cover the demand.

Brilliant deal @ Game that I've gone for:

Fallout Vegas and Black Ops for £58.98 using a £6 off £60 voucher code MVCXmas10:

360:

Call of Duty: Black Ops with Fallout: New Vegas - Xbox 360 - GAME.co.uk

PS3:

Call of Duty: Black Ops with Fallout: New Vegas - PlayStation 3 - GAME.co.uk

4% Quidco as well.

Means I don't have to fuck about going to a supermarket at midnight and arsing around with queues and I get it delivered on Tuesday.

Call of Duty: Black Ops is released tomorrow, so we've done a recon mission of our own - and rounded up all the best prices for Treyarch's latest FPS.

First up are the usual online suspects. For those willing to wait for delivery Amazon is currently selling Call of Duty: Black Ops for £36.97 on the PS3 and Xbox 360, while the PC version is priced at £34.91.

Amazon is offering the Hardened Edition on Xbox 360 for £79.98, whereas the PS3 version is a little cheaper at £64.99. For those willing to splash out on the Prestige Edition (which includes a remote controlled car), it will cost you £188.99 on the PS3 and £191.50 on the 360.

Play.com has the console versions of the game for £42.69 and £34.99 on the PC.

Play's price for the Hardened Edition is a little cheaper than Amazon. The PS3 version is currently listed for £64.99 while the Xbox 360 version is £69.99.

Once again, High Street retailers have online beat on prices. New kid on the UK retail block, Best Buy, is offering the game for for £29.99 for launch day only - with no trade-in or additional purchases required.

Meanwhile, Tesco is offering Black Ops for £25 on both the Xbox 360 and PS3 when purchased with with either a 2100 points card, 3 months Live membership, or a £20 PSN card.

Sainsbury's is selling both versions of the game for £37.97, however you can pick it up for £27.97 when spending £30 or more in-store.

Although Morrisons is selling Black Ops for £39.99, it is available for £29.99 when purchased with any other chart game.

GAME is selling Black Ops for £24.99 when purchased with select chart titles such as Fallout: New Vegas, Halo: Reach, Red Dead Redemption and DJ Hero 2, bringing the overall total to £64.98 for Black Ops and the chart title.

HMV has the game for £42.99 individually, however you can pick it up for £7.99 if you trade in Medal of Honour.

Head over to Asda and you can pick up Black Ops for £4.97 - provided you trade in either Fallout New Vegas, Fable 3 or Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2. Otherwise it is available for £36.97.

Trade in two of the following games - Medal of Honour, Fable 3, Fallout New Vegas, MMA, F1 2010 or Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 - at Blockbuster and you can pick up the game for 99p.

Digital downloaders can get Call of Duty: Black Ops for the PC from the comfort of their home for £39.99 on Steam, for £37.95 on Direct2Drive or for £34.99 from GAME.