You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops (COD 7)

Yozzer

Is it true that this game allows you to play offline against the computers? That would be amazing, and something I've wanted them to add for ages.

There is a training mode for multiplayer that pits you against bots. It was put in to help n00bs to the series, as well as helping people to check out the maps, weapons and perks without being decimated.

So how will this edition keep all the cheaters at bay?

MW2 was literally raped by hackers and VAC and Infinity Ward had no answer. Even radio silence on their forums. They punked many people at premium rate with the different editions and then couldn't administer it against cheats.

I think i'll be giving this a miss. Activision should be giving this away for free..

So how will this edition keep all the cheaters at bay?

MW2 was literally raped by hackers and VAC and Infinity Ward had no answer. Even radio silence on their forums. They punked many people at premium rate with the different editions and then couldn't administer it against cheats.

I think i'll be giving this a miss. Activision should be giving this away for free..

Treyarch have introduced the theatre mode for Black Ops, so hackers have been warned that games will be monitored and their IP banned should they be caught hacking. The theatre mode means that anyone can record game footage, then watch it back from just about any angle, and if you suspect that there are hackers in your game, you can report them to Treyarch, submit your recorded theatre session and let Treyarch decide whether or not someone was using a hack.

Unfortunately, there will always be hackers out there and not all of them will be dealt with the way they should be, but I have confidence that the deterants that Treyarch have in place will see a decrease in the number of hackers this time round.

Treyarch have introduced the theatre mode for Black Ops, so hackers have been warned that games will be monitored and their IP banned should they be caught hacking. The theatre mode means that anyone can record game footage, then watch it back from just about any angle, and if you suspect that there are hackers in your game, you can report them to Treyarch, submit your recorded theatre session and let Treyarch decide whether or not someone was using a hack.

Unfortunately, there will always be hackers out there and not all of them will be dealt with the way they should be, but I have confidence that the deterants that Treyarch have in place will see a decrease in the number of hackers this time round.

That sounds reassuring. I have to see whether I can get past my disdain of Activision before I can contemplate buying another COD title. I must admit though I have been a fan of every single one until the unprecedented access of cheats in MW2.

COD2 was the bomb!

That sounds reassuring. I have to see whether I can get past my disdain of Activision before I can contemplate buying another COD title. I must admit though I have been a fan of every single one until the unprecedented access of cheats in MW2.

COD2 was the bomb!

I hear you. I get the impression that Treyarch have sat back and watched MW2 get raped by hackers and have taken it upon themselves to rid the CoD community of these parasites as best they can. They are encouraging people to report any genuine cases of hacking, but you know that the system will be open for abuse, with every 14 year old reporting people who don't quickscope to get kills, (even though quickscoping is going to be harder this time round).

I said it before, and I'll say it again. As broken as MW2 was/is, there is no other FPS multiplayer game that comes close to it in terms of fluidity and speed of action. The hope is that Treyarch have taken all the good parts of MW2, added their own tweaks and improved the experience as a result.

The other thing Treyarch have going for them is that they always design better maps than IW, plus by the looks of things, the perk system has been balanced better this time round with the removal of Stopping Power and Juggernaut, so there is going to be a need to have some level of gun skill this time round. You won't be able to whack on the silenced UMP45 with Stopping Power and snipe people with an SMG anymore.

They have also addressed drop shotting, while it's not cheating it does stir up bad feeling within the community. Now when you go prone, there will be an action that your character performs prior to being able to use your weapon, instead of being able to fire on your way down to prone and contuining to fire when you hit the deck.

I'm excited about Black Ops, I really am, perhaps overly so. I think that by everything I've read and heard, Black Ops will be the title to push CoD onto that next level. Roll on Tuesday!!

I've got Tuesday off work, as I'm not expecting early delivery on Monday. If it does come on Monday, then my evening shift is going to be a real pain in the arse. Needless to say though, I'll be right on it when I get home around 23:30 if it does arrive Monday.