You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dudek's Expression

Red Jersey

He looked as shocked as the rest of us.

Just as memorable, Carra screaming at him to do a Brucie. Jerzy just nodding and trying to get his head together for the biggest moment of his life.

I will love him til the day I die. Ah, football, what would we do without you.....

(Thank you RJ.)

That was one of the greatest days of my entire life.

(Looks around to see if wife is watching)

It was actually THE greatest.

My bird knows it is, was and forever will be the greatest day of my life.

I'm being kicked out the house the night before our wedding and under my arm to go to me ma's will be my PS3 and a copy of the 2005 final which will be played once the evening before, and on the morning of the wedding.

Edited by Furmedge
bad grammar

on the double save in Istanbul. Priceless. Anyone keep tabs on him? Great Benitez times. I would give the guy one more year to right the ship. Please keep all comments about Dudek and Istanbul if it is going to be negative.

He was a real curate's egg in that game.

Still 2nd keeper at Real to my knowledge. Seems content with that role.

I remember sitting in the Kop when he had a fucking mare v Aresenal back in the league cup a few years ago.

Some nobhead called him a cunt, I turned around and told him to fuck off and said 'Doesn't matter what he does now, he's still a massive fucking legend'.

I remember we were at the other end to the 'miracle' double save and seeing the ball come across towards Shevchenko at the back post. My brain just expected to see the net do that sickening ripple and the Milan players turning away, arms aloft.

Instead, there was a period of what seemed like ages where I, and everyone around me, were wondering where the the fuck the ball had gone. It went up very high, very quickly, at an angle and speed that tricked the eye completely. I just couldn't believe that Shevchenko had missed it (which was what I thought at the time) and even wondered if the ball had burst or something.

It was only later, watching in a bar back in the city, that we realized that Dudek had kept the fucker out.

Brilliant.

I remember sitting in the Kop when he had a fucking mare v Aresenal back in the league cup a few years ago.

Some nobhead called him a cunt, I turned around and told him to fuck off and said 'Doesn't matter what he does now, he's still a massive fucking legend'.

Does that apply to everyone that played a big part in that night?

The Poles were calling it the "hand of Dudek". I remember when he fucked up a bit for a cross and Traore (yes Traore) cleared off the line and slapped the post, Carragher pointing the finger at Dudek (ie you're to blame) and shouting "come on".

Man did he make up for it though. Probably the greatest night in the club's history.