You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Darby, Spearing and Eccleston

PaulMcC

Eccleston seems like a bad bellend if his facebook is anything to go by. Too many pictures of him holding up bottles of alcohol kissing them and posing with them in front of the camera.

While this is normal for people his age, he shouldn't be doing it.

He said something on his facebook about him getting sent off was something he won't do again and that he has learnt a big lesson from it.

Stephen Darby has played 3 games for Swindon. That's all I can see about him.

Spearing has come on as a sub once.

How many players have we let out on loan since Rafa has been here ? How many have returned from loan ? Out of those who have returned, how many of them look as though they'll progress to become regulars good enough for a starting first eleven place ?

I'd be surprised to see Speo in a Liverpool shirt again.

How many players have we let out on loan since Rafa has been here ? How many have returned from loan ? Out of those who have returned' date=' how many of them look as though they'll progress to become regulars good enough for a starting first eleven place ?

I'd be surprised to see Speo in a Liverpool shirt again.[/quote']

I think that's more to do with the quality of the players we've had coming through.

Warnock was out on loan and Rafa gave him plenty of chances.

Leicester have been abysmal in the last few weeks and I believe they've lost all games since he's been there. Not his fault though. He started yesterday and had a decent game, actually scoring a goal but that was ruled out on offside.

The word that Swindon fans use to describe Darby, as anyone who has seen the reserves would expect, is dependable. He doesn't give much going forward but has certainly helped their defence. They've won three of their last four game 1-0 and drew the other one 1-1 (with Norwich who are running away with the league). In the two games before he joined them, they had shipped in six goals so he must be doing something right. Their next game is against Leeds and, if they win, they'd overtake them and potentially move into second depending on how Milwall do.

It has been a similar story for Robbie Threlfall at Bradford where he has played all of their last nine games (scoring twice) and proving that he is too good a player for this level.

Nathan Eccleston scored on his debut and looked good but didn't play that much afterwards. He's been suspended for their last three games after what has been described as a shocking tackle.

Dean Bouzanis had a good run at Accrington but recently lost his place to Gerrard's mate Ian Dunbavin. Bouzanis' contract is out this summer and it doesn't look as if he'll be offered another one.

David Martin only joined Derby as a stop-gap and in fact has only played twice for them before Stephen Bywater returned. He's another one who I believe will leave this summer on a free.

Finally, it has been a terrible season for former reserves boss Gary Ablett (and Hughie McAuley, who is his assistant) at Stockport. They're virtually already relegated, haven't scored for their last six games and I believe that they set a new record for consecutive defeats. It probably has little to do with Ablett himself and more with the club's financial troubles. Probably was a wrong choice for him but he should have kept his mouth shut about Benitez which would have increased the chances of him taking a couple of players from our reserves on loan.

Forgot about Nemeth. He's been out for some three months after picking up an injury with the Hungary U21 side. Made his comeback recently and played some thirty minutes in AEK's last game. Before that, he had been doing very well for them scoring goals and setting up chances.

Forgot about Nemeth. He's been out for some three months after picking up an injury with the Hungary U21 side. Made his comeback recently and played some thirty minutes in AEK's last game. Before that, he had been doing very well for them scoring goals and setting up chances.

Thanks. Good to hear he is back to fitness.

I thought Bouzanis was given a new deal? On the subject - has David Amoo been given one? Quite a few of the ressies have deals expiring in the summer, could lose out on a few quid with them off on frees

Don't know about Amoo but I would guess that he will be offered one especially as he was mentioned by Benitez as one of the players that they were looking at to bring into the first team.

As far as Bouzanis is concerned, last year it was said that he was going to be offered a five year deal but that never happened. He said so himself that he's out of contract:

No Boo-s for Dean

JANUARY 08, 2010

DEAN Bouzanis admits his nickname has got lost in translation – but it has helped him become an instant hit with the Stanley fans.

The Australian keeper is called "Boozer" by the Reds faithful and even has his own song despite only a short spell at the club.

"To be honest, in Australia, it’s actually pronounced "Bow-ser" (Bouzer) but it has been lost with the accents since I came over here," said the 19-year-old Liverpool stopper.

"I accept Boozer – it’s just seems to have stuck. I have heard the fans sing their song about me and it is really good to hear as you come to a club and you want to be liked by the fans and it makes you want to win every game for them."

Bouzanis is loving life at Accrington after getting his first taste of League action accidentally – but since then has held his place.

He came on loan to give competition to Ian Dunbavin but when the regular stopper got injured against Barnet in the FA Cup second round clash, Bouzanis has stepped in and hasn’t looked back.

And he has since played seven games with a record of five wins and two losses – to Bury in the league and the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy defeat at League One leaders Leeds.

"I didn’t have a lot of time to think for my debut. I was straight on and I hadn’t even warmed up," he said. "It was a shock at first as it was so different to reserve team football and it has taken some time to get used to.

"In the reserves they pass the ball around a lot more and it’s a different type of football in League Two – for corners the box is so congested – and it is really physical but it is a good experience."

Bouzanis has been with Liverpool for three years and, with a Greek mother, has represented both Australia and Greece at youth level.

Pressure

Last season he helped the Liverpool youth team to the FA Youth Cup Final but knew he was ready for some first team experience.

And he said he had heard of Accrington long before he came on loan in November.

"I read up a lot about football and love football so I knew plenty about Accrington even when I was in Australia," he said. "I was pleased when I got the chance to come here. I wanted to play some games and improve and it is a great club.

"It’s great to play competitive games and, for me, they are all new grounds and it’s a good experience, like playing in the local derby against Morecambe – those are the games you want to play in.

"We needed to win and I like that kind of pressure and it is a test for me to play in that kind of environment.

"All the lads were up for it, it was close, there was a big crowd and I will never forget it as I have always wanted to play in a local derby at a professional level. And to win there – that was great for the fans."

He also got to play at Elland Road against former Premier giants Leeds – who had in goal ex-Red loanee and fellow Liverpool keeper David Martin.

"I guess he is number three at Liverpool and I am number four and it was strange to be in the tunnel playing against him – there was a bit of banter. But it is always good to compare yourself and see where he and I am up to."

And Bouzanis is hoping he can stay until the end of the season and help Stanley into the play-offs. He has signed on for another month.

"It is a month to month loan deal but I am hoping I can stay until May as I love it here and then we will see where I am at as I am out of contract at Liverpool.

"Every game is important now at Accrington as, with our two games in hand, we can get into fifth place if we win them and it is great to have something to play for and strive for.

"Then, if we beat Gillingham in the FA Cup, we will face Fulham and that’s massive, especially at home. They are all big games – and that’s what I want."

No Boo-s for Dean - Accrington Observer

How many players have we let out on loan since Rafa has been here ? How many have returned from loan ? Out of those who have returned' date=' how many of them look as though they'll progress to become regulars good enough for a starting first eleven place ?

I'd be surprised to see Speo in a Liverpool shirt again.[/quote']

Virtually none I think. His policy reminds me of souness when he was manager. Buy, buy, buy, buy, sell, sell, sell, sell only in his case its send them out on loan first.

By far.

I doubt there are many teenage goalkeepers as good as Gulacsi. Rafa should promote him to second choice GK next season.

Bouzanis has potential though, and he actually reminds me a bit of Pepe Reina.

Yeah, I'd give him a new deal. They're both still very young for keepers, hard to know how they'll turn out.

Wouldn't be surprised if we send Gulacsi out to a Championship level club next season. He's better than most of the shite in that league.