You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa to Juve?

Rocky Sullivan

I wouldn't get too excited as it's bollocks

Which bit UEM? The Rafa to Juventus bit? If so agree - it's complete nonsense, and Gillett's PR people have been fanning the flames. The 5 or 6 in, 6 out bit? Because Rafa said exactly that off the record after his press conference following the Wolves game.

Oh, and to the other poster- the Yossi stories haven't gone away. His Mr 10% (or Mr 20%!) has been in Russia today and was quoted as saying that the deal could still happen if Liverpool could be persuaded to sell.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Which bit UEM? The Rafa to Juventus bit? If so agree - it's complete nonsense, and Gillett's PR people have been fanning the flames. The 5 or 6 in, 6 out bit? Because Rafa said exactly that off the record after his press conference following the Wolves game.

Oh, and to the other poster- the Yossi stories haven't gone away. His Mr 10% (or Mr 20%!) has been in Russia today and was quoted as saying that the deal could still happen if Liverpool could be persuaded to sell.

The Rafa to Juve bit

In regards to the 6 in 6 out bit, may be true, may not be, haven't a clue.

But I do know he doesn't any off the record stuff after games, not even to his reputed sock-suckers

Edited by Ulysses Everett McGill

LFC Press Release.

Rafa Benitez wishes to end speculation over his future following reports in the Italian media'Blah Blah Blah'

Three or four lines and rumours stop.

Why should he fan the flames?

Even if he did he'd only be called a liar

The Italian media seem pretty sure that at least some meetings are taking placing. I do think that Juventus' interest in Rafa is genuine. But what would Rafa say to us if he went to Juve now?

'Sorry, everyone. The financial restraints/board room chaos here has taken its toll on me, so seeya'?

I've always thought he'd have too much pride (or integrity) to pull something like that off. The only way he'll leave now is if he feels he's lost the support of the fans or if G/H fire him. And G/H won't let him go as long as he has the fans' support.

Johnny its his opinion mate, and to be blunt its what the people on the street are saying.

When will the Guardian issue an apology, saying there sorry about saying Juventus contacted Rafa direct and it was a lie?

You know I cant wait to see the back of him, but what about those supporters who have backed him through thick and thin, and I have some mates like that.

Don't they/you deserve this being put to bed by the manager,your loyalty to him is un questioned, he should and hopefully will make a comment on this, you deserve this from him in my eyes.

It's what a few people on the street are saying, certainly not a majority

And if the press had to issue an apology for everytime they didn't get something 100% correct, we'd have no rainforest left.

And as one of Rafa's blind followers I'm far more concerned about the shit stirring that is going on in the background from various parties, some of whom have an association with the club, than I am about the manager having to issue twice weekly rebuttals.

And as I posted earlier, he'd only be called a liar

His agent denied it before the wolves game. In the post-match interview Rafa himself dodged the question. I have no idea why he did that. According to some it was because he didn't want the press to create a stir, but the headlines were there all the same.

If he wants to, Rafa can put this to bed in his press conference tomorrow. He'll probably do.

Johnny its his opinion mate, and to be blunt its what the people on the street are saying.

When will the Guardian issue an apology, saying there sorry about saying Juventus contacted Rafa direct and it was a lie?

You know I cant wait to see the back of him, but what about those supporters who have backed him through thick and thin, and I have some mates like that.

Don't they/you deserve this being put to bed by the manager,your loyalty to him is un questioned, he should and hopefully will make a comment on this, you deserve this from him in my eyes.

One thing is pretty clear with this whole saga, is that whatever happens next will be on Rafa's terms. The owners are in a corner, which puts all the "get rid of Rafa" people in a corner, as well. But Rafa should know, and I think he does, that he has a great responsibility on his shoulders.

It seems to me that the fans are thoroughly frustrated about having no say about anything at all in the club these days, it is not just one specific thing. The owners take us for fools, just grin and bear it. The previous owners took as for fools, just grin and bear it. The team plays shit football, just grin and bear it. The club forgets why it's there, just grin and bear it. The players put in a half-ass effort, just grin and bear it. And the manager, the last hope for many, plays politics, just grin and bear it.

I don't know what the solution is, all I know that I don't want what is going on.

I love this place and it's seemingly endless conspriracy theories

It's been over 45 years since JFK was shot and Benitez still hasn't issued a comment denying his involvement in the crime. You have to ask why he's keeping so silent? Also, why hasn't he offered voluntary blood samples or fingerprints? I mean, if he's innocent, what has he got to hide?

It just stinks.

You need to walk around a bit more Andy, If Man City contact Torres direct and said we will give you £200k per week, and it was reported, would you expect the club to sit back and leave it at that, or would you expect the club to report city?

They said Juve had spoken to Rafa direct, I find that poor.

As for the other bit, go look in the mirror.

What other bit?

Why do you insist on trying to make everything personal?

Your driving me round the bend Andy, I think we need to meet up for a pint and just get it off our chests.

I'll bell you tomorrow.

Why what have I said Al?

Nothing

If your looking for an argument, you aren't going to get one, as it would be absolutely pointless, you've got your opinion, I've got mine, c'est la vie, not really worth getting annoyed about.

It's getting to the point where I feel I've got to justify everything I post, which isn't really on

As far as a pint is concerned, whenever you want, but I've got fuck all to get off my chest

[/b]

Up to you I'd rather go for a pint as I have a few things to say and I prefare it face to face, Can I bell you tomorrow?

You can if you want, but what would be the point?

If you really feel that strongly about whatever it is that's wound you up, drop us a pm, because I've got better things to do tommorow than get involved in a one way argument.

Could easily be a case of 2+2=5 but I think everyone is positioning themselves in order to keep options open. Juve may get a short term man in and Rafa may see how the rest of the season unfolds. If we finish fourth and win the UEFA Cup it may well be that Rafa continues on, and if we are going to make a bit more of a splash in the market in the summer, it could freshen it all up. Then again, if we finish outside the top four Rafa may well jump ship, and if Juve are still waiting he will go there. Our 'big splash' in the summer market will then be under the new manager, who will want to shape his own side anyway.

So, for me, the whole thing is about the various parties positioning themselves come what may at the end of the season.

PS - all this is said in the knowledge that we have no money. So, if Rafa goes, the best we can do to avoid a payoff is letting him go to Juve (should we want him out). And as for the transfer kitty, whatever we spend will either be from player sales or adding new debt. Bad situation.

Edited by G Richards

Rafael Benítez ‘is not leaving Liverpool for Juventus’ | Liverpool - Times Online

Rafael Benítez ‘is not leaving Liverpool for Juventus’

Liverpool officials issued a series of denials last night that Rafael Benítez is on the verge of leaving Anfield and signing a deal to coach Juventus next season.

It has been widely reported in Italy that the Liverpool manager had agreed a deal with the Turin club after a poor run of results had put the position of Ciro Ferrara, the Serie A side’s coach, in jeopardy.

Ferrara is expected to part company with the club today after Inter Milan knocked them out of the Italian Cup at the San Siro last night. That setback followed a run of five defeats in six league matches.

The Times broke the story of Juventus’s interest in Benítez on Tuesday, but Liverpool denied that the Spaniard was about to leave the club.

Benítez signed a five-year contract at Anfield ten months ago and it is unlikely that the manager would leave of his own volition at this stage of the season.

Benítez’s relationship with Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr has been fractious at times but it would cost the American owners about £12 million to push the manager out of Anfield.

Benítez has turned down a number of tempting offers to leave Liverpool — from Premier League clubs as well as abroad — but has remained committed to Anfield. However, Liverpool’s poor run of form and lack of financial support from the owners, who are desperate for new investment, have worn down the manager.

Meanwhile, the club face a desperate struggle in their bid to claim a Champions League berth for next season given their long injury list.

Senior figures at Anfield insisted last night that the club had no intention of dismissing Benítez, nor were they aware of indications that the manager was about to resign.

However, the constant uncertainty about the club’s future — whether with the ownership situation or the manager’s position — has produced a destabilising mood at Anfield that has worn Benítez down.

The performances on the pitch have seen a large margin of Liverpool’s support turn against the manager, while the hardcore support who are aware of the backroom turmoil have rallied around the Spaniard.

Claudio Gentile was the favourite to replace Ferrara but on an interim basis and with coaching positions likely to be free in Milan and Madrid come the summer, few would bet big money that Liverpool will start next season with the same manager.

When one of the most famous managers in Serie A tells you he’s convinced Rafa Benitez will be at Juventus next season, you sit up and take note.

Yet my lengthy conversations with senior figures within the Anfield hierarchy this week have illuminated a long-term strategy that requires stability, a new stadium….and Rafa Benitez.

The picture of turmoil painted by the media is in stark contrast to the impression one is left with when discussing the future with level-headed board members.

As the club awaits news of investment while enduring constant criticism from all quarters, Rafa would be forgiven for thinking twice about a concrete offer that will arrive from Turin.

Yet I’m certain that a reminder from the board about what he is building - along with the investment that should arrive by the summer - will convince Rafa to remain on Merseyside…

Why Rafa Benitez will not be quitting Liverpool for Juventus - Guillem Balague column - MirrorFootball.co.uk

The performances on the pitch have seen a large margin of Liverpool’s support turn against the manager, while the hardcore support who are aware of the backroom turmoil have rallied around the Spaniard.

And you can fuck off with that shit.

Haha, just face it- you and your kind are a bunch of soft hearted, yellow bellied cowards and the true supporters will help Benitez/Liverpool through this difficult time while you punks run around screamin hysterically having nervous breakdowns.

When one of the most famous managers in Serie A tells you he’s convinced Rafa Benitez will be at Juventus next season, you sit up and take note.

Yet my lengthy conversations with senior figures within the Anfield hierarchy this week have illuminated a long-term strategy that requires stability, a new stadium….and Rafa Benitez.

The picture of turmoil painted by the media is in stark contrast to the impression one is left with when discussing the future with level-headed board members.

As the club awaits news of investment while enduring constant criticism from all quarters, Rafa would be forgiven for thinking twice about a concrete offer that will arrive from Turin.

Yet I’m certain that a reminder from the board about what he is building - along with the investment that should arrive by the summer - will convince Rafa to remain on Merseyside…

Why Rafa Benitez will not be quitting Liverpool for Juventus - Guillem Balague column - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Guillem ballbag.