You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

U.S Open 2009

Nomad

The 109th U.S Open is due to start tomorrow with the first tee off 12.00pm.

This i believe is the only trophy with Woods still holds so he will be up for this

I am realy hoping Paul casey does well hes done fantastic to be ranked No 3 in the world

Also any body who is interested go to Eye on Majors :: Fun and Free web-based golf pool for you, your office, friends and fellow golf fans! and enter your team and also a finishing score (ie -12 etc) and il try set up a mini leauge for abit of fun.

P.M me if interested

The weather is going to play a HUGE factor

The greens will be quite slow with rain possible to probable on Thursday/Friday/Sunday

They also made the course a bit easier from the 2002 US Open by slopping BACK greens so the balls aren't running off as much

The weather is going to play a HUGE factor

The greens will be quite slow with rain possible to probable on Thursday/Friday/Sunday

They also made the course a bit easier from the 2002 US Open by slopping BACK greens so the balls aren't running off as much

<a href=fred.jpg' alt='fred.jpg'>

ha sorry that just made me laugh

But yes i think the weather will have a factor on it and anyone like garcia who isnt great at putting will struggle on slow greens

I'll pick a American and a european, probably Mahan & Stenson but still undecided. Trying to pick a few with higher odds. Anthony Kim at 80/1 could be a shout.

Cant really see past Tiger for the win though.

Tiger will walk it I think, hes finally started driving the ball well so every fucker can look out now... I think Kenny Perry is a good E/W bet, hes changed drivers now hitting the taylor made R9 and apparently hitting it quite a bit longer which could prove to be important considering the course is long.

Out of the Europeans I think the obvious one is Paul Casey but I also think Poulter will do well, hes playing well lately.

Fisher's a good shout - hit's it long, is continually improving, knows how to win, drives a mercedes, eats healthy food, has sex with girls, doesn't putt from the rough, doff's his hat to polite spectators, goes to church, washes behind his ears, washes behind his cock, doesn't do heroin on the course......