You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

You don't even know what you are arguing about anymore. Have you ever tried just walking away from the computer? You're like a fat girl with a big tub of Ben and Jerry's.

I know where I am Adam. The lad is suggesting that building a team takes way more than 5 years. By slow building I mean about 3 years.... he then suggests that 3 years is too short. Well given that 99% of managers who win the league do so within 3 years of joining, I'd say he is chatting shit not me.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know where I am Adam. The lad is suggesting that building a team takes way more than 5 years. By slow building I mean about 3 years.... he then suggests that 3 years is too short. Well given that 99% of managers who win the league do so within 3 years of joining, I'd say he is chatting shit not me.

You honestly expected Rafa to win the league after 3 years??

Why doesn't Fergie count?

You ask questions and then doctor the question.

Ferguson doesn't count because in the law of statistics he being one of only one or two is insignificant.

Its like saying; of a sample 1000 people 999 hate England, but we MUST count that one person. I'd say the insight from it was clear but there will always be pedants chatting shite and haggling over insignificance like you are doing now.

Anyway, come on name me someone other than Ferguson who took more than 3 years to win the league.

You honestly expected Rafa to win the league after 3 years??

Challenge for it. I've never ever expected Rafa to win the league, and don't do so now. You can't expect the league but we can expect to challenge.

So I say again - challenge for it. Although of managers who win it, the vast majority do so within 3 years.

Given the strength of the Premier League, that Rafa was learning about the English game and that he didn't have the resources to turn us into a challenging squad, expecting a title in 3 years is nothing short of utter stupidity.

I think you're the one chatting shit.

Ferguson doesn't count because in the law of statistics he being one of only one or two is insignificant.

Its like saying; of a sample 1000 people 999 hate England, but we MUST count that one person. I'd say the insight from it was clear but there will always be pedants chatting shite and haggling over insignificance like you are doing now.

Anyway, come on name me someone other than Ferguson who took more than 3 years to win the league.

OK, but only if you can tell me which seasons Beckham scored 25+ goals, Baraja scored 15+ at Valencia, and Valenica's left winger (Vicente) scored 15+.

Wanna play games Rash?

Given the strength of the Premier League, that Rafa was learning about the English game and that he didn't have the resources to turn us into a challenging squad, expecting a title in 3 years is nothing short of utter stupidity.

I think you're the one chatting shit.

OK cool, your expectations are far less than mine... lets move on.

Rafa I guess needs much more time than 99% of other managers. Thats cool, he is on his 2nd 5 year contract so he has the time....

Most managers that join top teams i.e mourinho, wenger, inherit teams that are already challenging for the league. Rafa inherited a team in need of major surgery and then owen left. Cut him some slack

It's an interesting point about Stats, but considering only about 5 managers have won the league in the last 20 years and that Ferguson has won about ten of those, then it'd be a little obtuse not to include him when making comparisons.

Although of managers who win it, the vast majority do so within 3 years.

I don't know what thats got to do when anything we're talking about right now but anyway,it was about bridging the gap between us and the top 3 and then challenging.

That's pretty much how it's gone and i'm pleased with the progression.

Challenge for it. I've never ever expected Rafa to win the league, and don't do so now. You can't expect the league but we can expect to challenge.

So I say again - challenge for it. Although of managers who win it, the vast majority do so within 3 years.

Oh dear,

Originally Posted by ToxtethTerror viewpost.gif

Name me a manager in world football (except Ferguson) who took more than 3 years
to win the league
. (Those that inherited teams in their top divisions that is so Howard Wilkinson etc don't count as they inherited 2nd division teams and would need more than 3 years to do that miracle!)

Anyway, come on name me someone other than Ferguson who took more than 3 years
to win the league

More Rash moving goalposts....

Most managers that join top teams i.e mourinho, wenger, inherit teams that are already challenging for the league. Rafa inherited a team in need of major surgery and then owen left. Cut him some slack

Wenger inherited a top title challenging team? I don't think so.

Most managers except the odd few inherit teams that have failed hence why they have got the job in the first place.

This would be code's law of ignoring stuff which disproves your hypothesis.

There is no such law, you are inventing shit.

Name me a manager in world football (except Ferguson) who took more than 3 years to win the league. (Those that inherited teams in their top divisions that is so Howard Wilkinson etc don't count as they inherited 2nd division teams and would need more than 3 years to do that miracle!)

Raynald Denoueix (Nantes), Mons Ivar Mjelde (SK Brann) and since I've mentioned a few other than Ferguson I think he can be included aswell to make it 3. That's 3 I thought of by the way, not necessarily the only 3 there is. I'm sure there are loads more. How long did that Deportivo-coach (Irureta was it?) sit before he won? Wasn't it a good while that too?