You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see what it is others seem to be seeing when they watch Spearing. Guthrie was a better player than him and he was nowhere near good enough either.

He has a bit about him, just nothing that would make him stand out playing in the middle of the park. Think he'd possibly make a cracking full-back fwiw.

I fail to see what it is others seem to be seeing when they watch Spearing. Guthrie was a better player than him and he was nowhere near good enough either.

He has a bit about him, just nothing that would make him stand out playing in the middle of the park. Think he'd possibly make a cracking full-back fwiw.

Oddly enough, I was thinking that the other day when I was thinking about if he'd get into our first squad.

I flat out think he's too small to be a part of our midfield. Mascherano and Lucas are both short, and I don't think we can afford to play two short-arses as holding midfielders.

Spearing does look to have some good creativity though, as I remember him doing some good passing/running in a game that I saw of him.

Oddly enough, I was thinking that the other day when I was thinking about if he'd get into our first squad.

I flat out think he's too small to be a part of our midfield. Mascherano and Lucas are both short, and I don't think we can afford to play two short-arses as holding midfielders.

Spearing does look to have some good creativity though, as I remember him doing some good passing/running in a game that I saw of him.

I was very impressed with him against Real. Yes ino we were 3-0 up on the night and there was no fight left in them but his tenacity and eye for a pass looked oso impressive. Loved the bit where he shimmied past diarra and sent a beautiful 40 yard pass out wide to dirk with his left foot. I think hes got great potential

Not really , or at all, relevant but I saw this earlier from the Times and had a good laugh:

Jean-Louis Triaud, the Bordeaux president, has denied that the French champions have received a £13 million offer from Sunderland for Marouane Chamakh. The Morocco forward has one year left on his contract and is wanted by Arsenal, should Emmanuel Adebayor leave.

“We never received an offer,” Triaud said. “What the f*** would he do at Sunderland? You have heard him say he will only sign for a big English club. I don’t want to insult Sunderland, but I don’t even know where they finished last season.”

Imagine what he thinks of Everton.

are city going to actually sell anyone?

that makes their striker list look like the following:

santa cruz

bellamy

tevez

robinho

caciedo

bojinov

benjani

add adebayor possibly.

what the fuck are they going to do with all of them? perhaps back to the old 2-3-5 system?

I was impressed with spearing against RM too tbh.

However, his height is definately a problem. Masch and lucas, Insua ain't big by any stretch of the imagination, yet they look like giants in comparison. Look at some of the pics of training in switzerland, spearing looks like a little kid, a scrawny one at that. (and the photo i saw him in, he was next to sammy lee ffs, who was made to look big.)

from the Italian press (repubblica.it)

LIVERPOOL TENTA AQUILANI - Il Liverpool è interessato al cartellino del centrocampista della Roma, Aquilani. Potrebbe essere il sostituto di Xabi Alonso se lo spagnolo dovesse partire. E' di 20 milioni di euro la valutazione del cartellino.

Liverpool interested in ROME CM Aquilani - as possible replacement to Alonso if he leaves. 20 million euro..