You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benitez Nightmare XI

silverlining

With (hopefully) the likes of Benayoun, Drosenna and Tennants soon to fuck off forever, it strikes me - in a good way - that we are getting closer and closer to having a team (or at least a first 14) that has no shite players in it at all.

So let's celebrate this by looking at an all-time Nightmare Benitez XI, and thank God that we're further away from it than ever before.

------------------------Kirkland---------------------

Josemi-------Pellegrino----------Paletta---------Drossena

Tennants-----Sissoko----------Lucas------Zenden

--------------Voronin------------Morientes----------

Subs: Benayoun, Eggnog, Voronin, Kromkamp, Crouch.

I suppose Kirky wasn't actually a Benitez signing, so maybe Shitandje?

Anyway, it's taken a while, but I don't think there's any doubt that our first XI or so is really, top, top class.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way should Sissoko be there. He gave us some mind-boggingly brilliant displays, which the other guys in that list could never claim to have done. Crouchy is way too good for this bunch of slackers too.

He also gave us some mind-bogglingly bad ones too, and is another that I clapped all the way out of Anfield.

With (hopefully) the likes of Benayoun, Drosenna and Tennants soon to fuck off forever, it strikes me - in a good way - that we are getting closer and closer to having a team (or at least a first 14) that has no shite players in it at all.

So let's celebrate this by looking at an all-time Nightmare Benitez XI, and thank God that we're further away from it than ever before.

------------------------Kirkland---------------------

Josemi-------Pellegrino----------Paletta---------Drossena

Tennants-----Sissoko----------Lucas------Zenden

--------------Voronin------------Morientes----------

Subs: Benayoun, Eggnog, Voronin, Kromkamp, Crouch.

I suppose Kirky wasn't actually a Benitez signing, so maybe Shitandje?

Anyway, it's taken a while, but I don't think there's any doubt that our first XI or so is really, top, top class.

Think you're a bit harse on Momo, Id play Zenden through the middle with Arthur down the left flank. Momo is above that lot. And Crouchy, wheres the silver of the lining gone today ?

Was he *that* bad?

*puts on tin helmet*

For my money, some of his displays were Dossena-esque in wretchedness.

Being bullied off the park at Anfield by Gary Neville a couple of years back didn't endear him to me either.

No heart or fighting spirit whatsoever.

He should be the fulcrum of your Nightmare XI.