You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Garry Barry

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

Maybe he knew you weren't joking, but also knew that you'd paid for his takeaway.

Did I bollocks pay for his takeaway, I told him he best buy me a drink when hes next up in Liverpool for a game.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see how Corluka is anywhere near as accomplished as Arbeloa. We'd be mad to sell a player that can play anywhere across the back four at any given point and replace with a right back/centre back.

I don't think people realise how good Arbeloa is. Can anyone recall him putting a foot wrong?

Yes, I recall a story of when he was taking Rafa some horlicks and bourbons while he was working late one evening. He slipped on a carelessly discarded opal fruit wrapper and spilt a small quantity of the aforementioned beverage on Rafa's shag. That's the carpet, not Helen the cleaner. Erm, allegedly.

Did I bollocks pay for his takeaway, I told him he best buy me a drink when hes next up in Liverpool for a game.

I think Real Red is referring to the €15 you had already paid to go the club to watch/listen to him DJing... so indirectly, you did pay for his takeaway.. get it?? :thumbup:

Anyway, what was the takeaway - was it any good?

I think Real Red is referring to the €15 you had already paid to go the club to watch/listen to him DJing... so indirectly, you did pay for his takeaway.. get it?? :thumbup:

Anyway, what was the takeaway - was it any good?

Ahh right I see now, :$ Ive been up since 6 in my defence.

I dunno what he got. Probably tasted nicer knowing he didnt have to pay for it even though he was a shit DJ.

I went exotic and got a chicken gyros. It was the dogs bollocks. (the meat tasted funny so it might have been the dogs bollocks).

Yes, I recall a story of when he was taking Rafa some horlicks and bourbons while he was working late one evening. He slipped on a carelessly discarded opal fruit wrapper and spilt a small quantity of the aforementioned beverage on Rafa's shag. That's the carpet, not Helen the cleaner. Erm, allegedly.

I can picture Rafa, with his arm round Albert, walking him back to the kettle to highlight his mistake in using water when milk is much more superior, picking him up on using the wrong biscuit for the arrangement he set out on the plate and not wearing loafers. All of them weaknesses which led to the the spillage and must be eliminated.

I remember the time he miscalculated his goalsurfing run up. It took him 10 minutes to get back into the ground.

Alvaro Arbeloa: Please let me go back in.

Ticket office bint: No. The gates are all shut

AA: But I am Liverpool player, no. Look I have kit.

TOB: Everyone has them, despite the boycott. Ooooh little bit of politics.

AA: But i am Alvaro Arbeloa, spanish internathional.

TOB: Never heard of you.

AA: I play here more than one year!

TOB: Nope. never heard of you

AA: Arbeloa! You must know me. I celebrate goals by jumping on back of everyone!

TOB: Oh! Bob!

Alvaro Arbeloa: Please let me go back in.

Ticket office bint: No. The gates are all shut

AA: But I am Liverpool player, no. Look I have kit.

TOB: Everyone has them, despite the boycott. Ooooh little bit of politics.

AA: But i am Alvaro Arbeloa, spanish internathional.

TOB: Never heard of you.

AA: I play here more than one year!

TOB: Nope. never heard of you

AA: Arbeloa! You must know me. I celebrate goals by jumping on back of everyone!

TOB: Oh! Bob!

I pressed the plus button in the hope that that is the right way to rep you for that.

Class:lol:

I pressed the plus button in the hope that that is the right way to rep you for that.

Class:lol:

I think you might find that you have added my post to a multipost and it will appear next time you quote someone. Repping is done via the scales of justice at the top of the post. I personally think the terms "repped" and "negged" should be used in courts of law.

the CL team has to be submitted on Thursday so if he comes, it has to be very shortly or Alonso will be used and cup tied

I thought that was just for the qualifying stages then a new squad list was submitted for the group stages. Wasn't there similar talk last year when Ballack was injured and wasn't on the original list, cue talk of Avram Grant hating him and he's to be sold. I seem to recall him playing in the latter stages.

Liverpool.no talked to Parry after tonight's match. They asked if we could expect any more activity on the transfer market.

"Wait and see", Parry replied.

Liverpool.no then asked about Barry.

Again, he used the magic words; "Wait and see" :whistle:

Something is defo gonna happen soon, no? :lol:

Looks like Gerrard could be a doubt for the first game with Liege, i think that means Alonso has to start unless it'll be Plessis and Spearing probably which won't happen.

Also could mean the Barry transfer is rushed through although by all accounts he hasn't had much of a pre season so im not sure how fit he is.

Liverpool.no talked to Parry after tonight's match. They asked if we could expect any more activity on the transfer market.

Wayton Cey, plays deep lying Left Winger for the Massachusetts Minnows. Medical tomorrow.

Barry waits for Liverpool to agree finance with owners

By Ian Herbert

Tuesday, 5 August 2008

EPA

Liverpool are being forced to send Argentine winger Sebastian Leto (left) out on loan after he was refused a work permit

enlarge Print Email Search

Search

Go

Independent.co.uk Web

Bookmark & Share

Digg It

del.icio.us

Facebook

Stumbleupon

What are these?

Change font size: A | A | A

Gareth Barry appeared to be no closer to joining Liverpool last night, with the club still waiting for the green light on extra financial support needed from owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett to conclude the deal. However, the player remains hopeful of joining this week, in time for Friday's friendly against Lazio at Anfield.

The key to raising the £18m needed to take the 27-year-old from Villa is Hicks and Gillett's willingness to provide the money as an advance, ahead of further sales which would see part of it repaid. As of late yesterday afternoon, British time, there did not appear to be any greater sign that the owners were about to deliver, despite the concession by Martin O'Neill 48 hours earlier that he could not persuade Barry to stay and that Liverpool were free to place their bid.

Sources at Villa, whose squad flew out to their Spanish training camp without the midfielder yesterday, also indicated yesterday that moves to sell Barry were no further advanced than on Wednesday when a 5pm deadline imposed by the club for the sale expired and O'Neill announced he would be staying. For their part, Liverpool are not so desperate for cash that they are prepared to sell on the cheap. The club have indicated that Arsenal's reported £12m approach for Xabi Alonso at the weekend must be closer to the £18m they were looking for from Juventus if the player is to leave for the Emirates. The pressure on the club and its American owners has certainly been eased by Arsène Wenger's declaration that he does not intend to make a bid for Barry.

Though the Americans are clearly not to be rushed on confirming the finance Anfield had been hoping for, such a move would deliver a badly-needed boost to their popularity. There was no indication from the Hicks camp last night as to if and when the support to conclude an unexpectedly vibrant summer of spending for Rafa Benitez might arrive. For all the uncertainty, Barry is said to harbour confidence that the move he has dreamed of might yet happen.

Benitez must bid farewell to his Argentine winger Sebastian Leto without earning a penny after the winger was refused a work permit. Leto, 21, made four appearances for Liverpool last season – two in the Champions League and two in the Carling Cup – while on an Italian passport but that was later revoked by the Italian Government. Liverpool then applied for a work permit and Benitez insisted he would select Leto on a more regular basis.

But the British Government has turned down Leto's application and he will have to go on loan, with Olympiakos a likely destination. Benitez was unhappy. "The system needs to change, clearly," he said. "I cannot understand how an Argentine player who has been in pre-selection for the Olympic squad and has played in the Champions League and at a club like Liverpool is not good enough."

Might already have been posted. Sorry if so.

according to the star:

--

Liverpool’s tortuous attempts to sign Gareth Barry took another twist after their American owners went to ground.

Neither George Gillett nor Tom Hicks has been in touch with club officials since Aston Villa boss Martin O’Neill conceded at the weekend that Barry was on his way out.

Liverpool’s £18m move for Barry hinges on them underwriting the deal with sufficient bank guarantees.

Boss Rafa Benitez had taken O’Neill’s climbdown as the all-clear for the deal to go through but has been thwarted by Gillett and Hick’s disappearing act.

---

bet Rafa won't be pleased, if it doesnt' go through on Wednesday he wont be available for the euro qualifier and Gerrard is an injury doubt

How would he know whats going on?