You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amy Winehouse...

Kopite

Fair enough.

I hate those few blokes sitting in the corner of a wake belittlling the dead and their achievements and talking up the negative aspects of their life, while never having done anything of note themselves. That's what this place is like at the moment.

Almost everything is a criticism of something or somebody. dare I say it, it's tabloidesque!

Didn't stop you nominating Gazza for the win in the 2011 deadpool thread.

As inevitable as it was it is still a shame. Fantastic vocalist.

You get the impression that her best stuff was written about how fucked up she was and how chaotic her life was. Without the booze and drugs she would have been quite ordinary. What made her killed her.

Still a shame and I would had ridden her like a jockey in her younger days.

Didn't know racist shit was allowed on here

It's shouldn't be.

I think Captain was raising a point about how some posts using similar language has been written and not reported, or possibly 'allowed'.

I did not see these threads but have no reason to disbelieve Cpt.

Too many internet warriors on here, trying to take the controversial, alternative stand point on this to try and come across as edgy and dangerous.....on an internet forum. Fuck-nuggets!

Also, there's lots of people who've felt compelled to tell us that they don't care about her death. If that's the case, why bother telling us you don't care. If you were as indifferent as you claim, why would you comment on this post in the first place. Internet forum, attention seeking whores!

I dare say more people will miss her , or her music than would miss you .

I dont get why some people believe they have the divine right judge another person , especially one they dont even know .

Like spyb says, it's fashionable.

Baa.

People have the right to say and write what they want. Bear in mind this is an internet football forum, not Amy Winehouse's grandmother's house.

I think there has been a big upsurge in bad taste jokes about these things but IMO I don't think it's mostly for attention seeking purposes, I think it's a reaction to the amount of people getting precious and expressing faux outrage and sadness at these kinds of things. People get pissed off with it and, yes, like to piss on those particular chips.

I seem to remember a shitload of jokes doing the rounds about Michael Jackson on here when he died. I was gutted about his loss but I didn't flip out at anyone who didn't share my view.

Whether people like it or not, the main reason for Winehouse's worldwide fame is because she was a drugged up disgrace, without that, her death would have been a footnote rather than a 24hour run on Sky News. Some of us though found that way of life to be in bad taste, and that's our right.

People have the right to say and write what they want. Bear in mind this is an internet football forum, not Amy Winehouse's grandmother's house.

I think there has been a big upsurge in bad taste jokes about these things but IMO I don't think it's mostly for attention seeking purposes, I think it's a reaction to the amount of people getting precious and expressing faux outrage and sadness at these kinds of things. People get pissed off with it and, yes, like to piss on those particular chips.

I seem to remember a shitload of jokes doing the rounds about Michael Jackson on here when he died. I was gutted about his loss but I didn't flip out at anyone who didn't share my view.

Whether people like it or not, the main reason for Winehouse's worldwide fame is because she was a drugged up disgrace, without that, her death would have been a footnote rather than a 24hour run on Sky News. Some of us though found that way of life to be in bad taste, and that's our right.

I can accept the jokes. Nothing wrong with black humour, but the attempts to be the edgiest comment maker reek of an attempt to seek attention.

24 hour run on Sky News - bit presumptive, she's only been officially announced as dead for about 3 hours. Also, drugged up disgrace, she wasn't always like that, she's been led off the rails, which is a sad thing in itself. As it is for any substance abuser who gets in with the wrong people. You may question her lifestyle but, unless I'm wrong in presuming this (which I doubt I am), she's made more of a contribution to this country in terms of culture, arts/music and basic financial contribution in terms of tax and national insurance than you and probably anybody on here. Not bad for a drugged up disgrace.

Some sick fucks on this forum with these kinda jokes first about kids dieing now about a 20 something female.

Class , lets all clap them at how smart they are.

Fuck off. Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I suggest you storm around Frankie Boyle's house right this instant and stop him finishing the page of jokes he's jotted down in the last 2 hours.

Very well said.

Perhaps she was a largely witless talent vacuum who, anyone that was remotely interested in the sort of appropriated musical style she operated in, would already have about 100 better, more original records than the ones she released.

Perhaps she is no more than a musical footnote.

Perhaps nobody with any scintilla of real musical taste or knowledge would own any of her records or give two fucks about her death.

But, when one thinks about Michael Jackson, you have to admit that - in her defence - at least she wasn't a kiddy-fucking deviant.

Fuck off. Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I suggest you storm around Frankie Boyle's house right this instant and stop him finishing the page of jokes he's jotted down in the last 2 hours.

Funneeee, you're not very funny, or clever, or insightful, but compared to this fucking John Snow abomination, you're like a cross between Gore Vidal, Bill Hicks and God.

Very well said.

Perhaps she was a largely witless talent vacuum who, anyone that was remotely interested in the sort of appropriated musical style she operated in, would already have about 100 better, more original records than the ones she released.

Perhaps she is no more than a musical footnote.

Perhaps nobody with any scintilla of real musical taste or knowledge would own any of her records or give two fucks about her death.

But, when one thinks about Michael Jackson, you have to admit that - in her defence - at least she wasn't a kiddy-fucking deviant.

Where do you come up with your material? No seriously I am in stiches here....

Too many internet warriors on here, trying to take the controversial, alternative stand point on this to try and come across as edgy and dangerous.....on an internet forum. Fuck-nuggets!

Also, there's lots of people who've felt compelled to tell us that they don't care about her death. If that's the case, why bother telling us you don't care. If you were as indifferent as you claim, why would you comment on this post in the first place. Internet forum, attention seeking whores!

This!

Also, drugged up disgrace, she wasn't always like that, she's been led off the rails, which is a sad thing in itself. As it is for any substance abuser who gets in with the wrong people.

No, she was a fucking junkie with a fortune in the bank and she chose that path, despite all the protestations of her family and 99% of her fans.

No, she was a fucking junkie with a fortune in the bank and she chose that path, despite all the protestations of her family and 99% of her fans.

Ah, so you're saying that because she had money, that made the heroin that she took have less of a chemically addictive effect on her. Is that what you're saying?

Also, she did choose that path, but indirectly. She wasn't on drugs at the outset. She surrounded herself with bad people, like her ex-husband. Like it or not, having money doesn't make you more or less susceptible to peer group pressure. I know people who work with heroin abusers and a lot of them are of the misguided opinion that they won't end up like other junkies when they have their first dabble.

So, to clarify, what's the point you're trying to make regarding her having money?

I can accept the jokes. Nothing wrong with black humour, but the attempts to be the edgiest comment maker reek of an attempt to seek attention.

24 hour run on Sky News - bit presumptive, she's only been officially announced as dead for about 3 hours. Also, drugged up disgrace, she wasn't always like that, she's been led off the rails, which is a sad thing in itself. As it is for any substance abuser who gets in with the wrong people. You may question her lifestyle but, unless I'm wrong in presuming this (which I doubt I am), she's made more of a contribution to this country in terms of culture, arts/music and basic financial contribution in terms of tax and national insurance than you and probably anybody on here. Not bad for a drugged up disgrace.

I know she wasn't always like that, but I'm sure you'll agree that what took her out of the showbiz colunn and onto the front pages was pictures of her stumbling out of bars with needles stuck between her toes. That didn't sit well with some people, and that's their right.

As for your last point, it seems you're suggesting that I have to applaud the woman on some level because she contributed something to the country. By that logic people should reserve judgment on Hitler because he invented the motorway.

You say she added a lot to the country's culture, I'd suggest she added two albums of music. No doubt she did influence a few people with that music, maybe they played it and it cheered them up or something when they'd had a shit day at work - good for her - but I could take that logic and flip it around and wonder how many people turned to drugs because they saw her as a role model. Did anyone die as a result? Impossible to say, more than possible though I'd venture.

I know she wasn't always like that, but I'm sure you'll agree that what took her out of the showbiz colunn and onto the front pages was pictures of her stumbling out of bars with needles stuck between her toes. That didn't sit well with some people, and that's their right.

As for your last point, it seems you're suggesting that I have to applaud the woman on some level because she contributed something to the country. By that logic people should reserve judgment on Hitler because he invented the motorway.

You say she added a lot to the country's culture, I'd suggest she added two albums of music. No doubt she did influence a few people with that music, maybe they played it and it cheered them up or something when they'd had a shit day at work - good for her - but I could take that logic and flip it around and wonder how many people turned to drugs because they saw her as a role model. Did anyone die as a result? Impossible to say, more than possible though I'd venture.

Nope. I didn't say she added a lot to the country's culture at all. I can take or leave her music. I said she's done a lot more of note than the majority, if not everybody, on this forum.

Again, i'm not saying you should applaud her. That's your own personal interpretation that you've put on my words. I'm suggesting that all the people calling her a smackhead bint etc, should look at themselves and see that a smackhead has done more in their short life than they are likely to do in their own, internet-warrior lives.

As for your last point, I won't get too involved. Your point is made purely on speculation, so any possible response of mine would be based on speculation too. A pointless exercise.

So, to clarify, what's the point you're trying to make regarding her having money?

The point I am making is that this is in no, way, shape, or form, a national tragedy and she has had every possible chance to get off it.

If you want to stop and weep everytime you see a dead junkie then go ahead.

If Russell Brand can get off it then anyone can, 'addictive personality' or not.

The point I am making is that this is in no, way, shape, or form, a national tragedy and she has had every possible chance to get off it.

If you want to stop and weep everytime you see a dead junkie then go ahead.

If Russell Brand can get off it then anyone can, 'addictive personality' or not.

Nobody is saying it's a national tragedy. I'm not weeping at all. I just don't see the point in resorting to bitter, name calling. It's pathetic.

Also, funnneeeeee, is that an intentionally ironic username?

It's shouldn't be.

I think Captain was raising a point about how some posts using similar language has been written and not reported, or possibly 'allowed'.

I did not see these threads but have no reason to disbelieve Cpt.

I don't think he was making that point with his post the other day, although what point he was making escapes me.

Today he's just being an arse because the other one was deleted.

I have no idea if Captain is a racist or not, but it's a pejorative term which is rightly not considered acceptable in today's society. I find it offensive and don't see any need for it.

If someone else has got away with using casually racist language in the past, that doesn't make it right.

And if it's supposed to be funny, I don't see anyone getting the joke.

Guest San Don

Fuck's sake, some people and their opinions, eh?

Dont care how 'fucked up' some people are, when someone takes their own life it's a crying shame.

Never understand some folks bitterness to others.

I don't think he was making that point with his post the other day, although what point he was making escapes me.

Today he's just being an arse because the other one was deleted.

I have no idea if Captain is a racist or not, but it's a pejorative term which is rightly not considered acceptable in today's society. I find it offensive and don't see any need for it.

If someone else has got away with using casually racist language in the past, that doesn't make it right.

And if it's supposed to be funny, I don't see anyone getting the joke.

Completely depends on how he's using the word. Wjilst recognising its potential for offense I've used it before, and will use it again, as it is all about context. I don't know how Captain originally used it and therefore have no opinion on whether he is right or wrong to use it again (in protest at its deletion, seemingly).

Completely depends on how he's using the word. Wjilst recognising its potential for offense I've used it before, and will use it again, as it is all about context. I don't know how Captain originally used it and therefore have no opinion on whether he is right or wrong to use it again (in protest at its deletion, seemingly).

I know that Agt Provocateur, Dave and I all thought it merited deletion. I'm not going to repeat what he said, but the way he's used it today is clearly just a churlish and petty strop.

I couldn't honestly tell you what he thought he was doing with it the previous time, or whether the intent was racist but I would say you should always have a very good reason for using it because the simple use of the term or similar ones like "paki" is offensive unless the context merits it.

Michelle Gayle is getting some good airplay out of this. She was on yesterday and now she's on Sky News, introduced as a 'friend' of Amy Winehouse, she then corrected the presenter and said 'I wasn't her friend I only met her twice, but we were both in the music business from an early age which is why I think I'm here.'

Erm.