You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amy Winehouse...

Kopite

"Asian rat" and "Jewish dog" were permitted, and they were specifically aimed at other people on the forum. In that context, I don't see why an epithet aimed at nobody in particular should be banworthy.

If he was making a geniune point I admire his stance on the subject but without previous knowledge of this it just looks like racism.

To be fair to Captain, I have never seen any other racist or similiar offensive comment from him so I was surprise with that comment.

At least she wasn't a boring little turd , she had talent you've got a keyboard.

You are right, smoking crack and being an alcoholic is really interesting, you've got me there.

I wish this interesting person was still alive, the Worlds going to miss her sooooo much, what a role model.

If he was making a geniune point I admire his stance on the subject but without previous knowledge of this it just looks like racism.

To be fair to Captain, I have never seen any other racist or similiar offensive comment from him so I was surprise with that comment.

He used the same term a few days ago but it was deleted.

You know what, you are bang on there. I like dark jokes, I like alternative humour that some may find offensive, I'd even say that there is probably nothing so taboo that there isn't a time and a place to laugh at it.

I also quite like people defying the general consensus, someone being willing to stand up and say "Actually, I don't agree!", and that is how these kind of things used to be. I'd say that is on the GF and then on popular social media, but something has changed.

Yesterday some sad manc shithouse on Twitter posted that citizens of Liverpool would be desperately trying to get their town twinned with Oslo so that they could have a huge outpouring of grief (I paraphrase). He was obviously wanting to be the one with the first sick text message, or the first outrageous opinion and he probably succeeded amongst a select group of knobheads.

the thing is now, it seems to have gone full circle. It's like a race, but the quality and justification of the joke don't seem to matter. It doesn't have to be a considered opinion, it's just the first one to the finish line - the fastest finger first!

I have no respect for someone beating the stopwatch alone. There needs to be some substance to what they are saying. Some depth.

Charlie Brooker is an example of what to do, for examples of what not to do, just search Twitter with the words "winehouse" and "lol".

Exactly. Half the people attempting to be funny on here are no doubt outraged when somebody decides to use hillsborough as their source material.

I'm just wondering what it says about a person when, after they've died, Twitter and facebook are full of people saying how brilliant that person was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

Edit: That probably says more about the people who are filling twatter and mongbook with those comments. 2011 is fucking awesome isn't it? And people wonder why I fucking hate nearly everybody.

I'm just wondering what it says about a person when, after they've died, Twitter and facebook are full of people saying how brilliant that person was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks.

I'm just wondering what it says about a person when, after they've died their music gets played for another 100 years?

This place is full of haters man!

I'm just wondering what it says about a person when, after they've died their music gets played for another 100 years?

This place is full of haters man!

Read my edit Spibbs.

And I don't hate Winehouse, I just feel a bit ambivalent really. People, on the other hand, I do hate.

Read my edit Spibbs.

And I don't hate Winehouse, I just feel a bit ambivalent really. People, on the other hand, I do hate.

Fair enough.

I hate those few blokes sitting in the corner of a wake belittlling the dead and their achievements and talking up the negative aspects of their life, while never having done anything of note themselves. That's what this place is like at the moment.

Almost everything is a criticism of something or somebody. dare I say it, it's tabloidesque!

Fair enough.

I hate those few blokes sitting in the corner of a wake belittlling the dead and their achievements and talking up the negative aspects of their life, while never having done anything of note themselves. That's what this place is like at the moment.

Almost everything is a criticism of something or somebody. dare I say it, it's tabloidesque!

I've thought Amy Winehouse was a pointless, hideous fuckwit from the very start. I don't like her music, and the only time I have ever been vaguely interested in her was wondering how long it would take before she died of an overdose.

I don't take any joy in her death. I don't care in any way at all.

I've thought Amy Winehouse was a pointless, hideous fuckwit from the very start. I don't like her music, and the only time I have ever been vaguely interested in her was wondering how long it would take before she died of an overdose.

I don't take any joy in her death. I don't care in any way at all.

Did your mother never tell you that if you didn't have anything good to say, then don't say anything at all?

This is a rhetorical question.

This place is full of cunts man!

Fixed it for you,

Not a fan of hers, but it's always a bit shit when someone with an addiction passes away, regardless of if they were talented or not or in the public eye or not.

Just cause you're famous you can't break that addict gene you're born with or develop.

Some people just can't break themselves free, even if they are stupid to try shite like that in the first case.

Mate had a night out with her a couple of years ago and said she was sound as fuck, despite him being more off his tits than she was. Was a nice girl apparently.

You are right, smoking crack and being an alcoholic is really interesting, you've got me there.

I wish this interesting person was still alive, the Worlds going to miss her sooooo much, what a role model.

I dare say more people will miss her , or her music than would miss you .

I dont get why some people believe they have the divine right judge another person , especially one they dont even know .

Like spyb says, it's fashionable.

Baa.