You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

DIC: takeover thread

Ring of Fire

According to Cowtown Red on RAWK, someone who has been on the ball on this for the past few months. Don't shoot the messenger.

"Its done and sorted I'm told.

My source is celebrating big time... and that means a lot.

First time he's told me the details are sorted out at last. Expect the press release in the next few days.

I'm very, seriously. happy."

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Cowtown Red on RAWK, someone who has been on the ball on this for the past few months. Don't shoot the messenger.

"Its done and sorted I'm told.

My source is celebrating big time... and that means a lot.

First time he's told me the details are sorted out at last. Expect the press release in the next few days.

I'm very, seriously. happy."

Elaborate!!..more details!!..or just tell us more!!

More from Cowtown Red

"I am assured that the sale to DIC/and other smaller investors is virtually concluded tonight.

But there are big rifts within our Club.

Present/new owners; owners/manager.

Owners/manager/certain players.

Owners/new manager/players;

Supporters.

We still face a very uncertain period. We need to expect a bit more turbulence before stability (hopefully) returns.

So lets be prepared for another hectic few months. I hope all will settle down, and next season all we got to do is concentrate on the on pitch activities. This season is a write off, but if all gets sorted in the next week or two, as it appears it will.. then expect comings and goings for a bit.

People in our Club have tied their flags to masts, and there will be winners and losers. I'm not trying to be cryptic, but when the ownership saga is resolved, other issues remain.

Players will leave or be sold for example. Don't ask, but all of you know that the current situation will be resolved with casualties."

More from Cowtown Red

"I am assured that the sale to DIC/and other smaller investors is virtually concluded tonight.

But there are big rifts within our Club.

Present/new owners; owners/manager.

Owners/manager/certain players.

Owners/new manager/players;

That was quick. He's not even here yet and he's already in a rift with the owners and the players.

As I posted on the other thread, I'd like to know whether anyone on here knows how reliable Cowtownred is. I presume he must have accurately revealed some inside information previously for so many people on RAWK to trust him.

People are saying they won't believe it until they see it on the offal, but I'd ask them: would you say the same thing if the Count revealed the same news on this forum? Because from what I can tell from reading RAWK over the past few months, CTR seems to hold a similar status on there as the Count does on here: well trusted on that forum despite not being the editor or a frequent poster, but at the same time not widely known on others and even dismissed as a result (I saw the Count's news last summer being given short shrift on other forums, just because no-one on there knew who he was).

As I posted on the other thread, I'd like to know whether anyone on here knows how reliable Cowtownred is. I presume he must have accurately revealed some inside information previously for so many people on RAWK to trust him.

People are saying they won't believe it until they see it on the offal, but I'd ask them: would you say the same thing if the Count revealed the same news on this forum? Because from what I can tell from reading RAWK over the past few months, CTR seems to hold a similar status on there as the Count does on here: well trusted on that forum despite not being the editor or a frequent poster, but at the same time not widely known on others and even dismissed as a result (I saw the Count's news last summer being given short shrift on other forums, just because no-one on there knew who he was).

I actually met the feller on a coach in Athens airport last year. Ive spoke to him a few times over email and he seems a real genuine lad, and a good red aswell. If someone provides me with the link to the post ill send him an email.

I actually met the feller on a coach in Athens airport last year. Ive spoke to him a few times over email and he seems a real genuine lad, and a good red aswell. If someone provides me with the link to the post ill send him an email.

Here's a new thread that he started after he made the posts that I've quoted. It's one about all the potential splits that Ring of Fire quoted.

Still turmoil ahead

Thanks Neil. As i said, he certianly isnt the bullshitting type so im personally taking this as fairly concrete news. He is a good lad.

I think all the signs are pointing to it. The owners loves these champagne european nights at Anfield, and the fact that they are no where to be seen at the ground, or heard in the media, speaks volumes. Gillett and Hicks wouldve been there tonight if they where staying put.