You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Way Out West (Laurel and Hardy ) 9/10, sat down to watch this with my 11 and 9 year old niece and nephew to shouts of "urh how old is this? it's in black and white as well and we've never heard of them"...in the end they loved it and wanted another one put on.

It's a crying shame though that a whole generation of kids will never know how funny these and the likes of The Mark Brothers, The Three Stooges , Harold Lloyd, Charlie Chaplin, W.C.Fields etc etc were....

When I was a kid Laurel and Hardy and co were always shown on the Beeb... now nothing.....And I don't want to sound like your arl fella but some of the shite they have on instead it's criminal.

• Upvote 4

Way Out West (Laurel and Hardy ) 9/10, sat down to watch this with my 11 and 9 year old niece and nephew to shouts of "urh how old is this? it's in black and white as well and we've never heard of them"...in the end they loved it and wanted another one put on.

It's a crying shame though that a whole generation of kids will never know how funny these and the likes of The Mark Brothers, The Three Stooges , Harold Lloyd, Charlie Chaplin, W.C.Fields etc etc were....

When I was a kid Laurel and Hardy and co were always shown on the Beeb... now nothing.....And I don't want to sound like your arl fella but some of the shite they have on instead it's criminal.

I watched 'Sons of the Desert' with my sister recently, the plan was to follow it with 'Way out West' but we had howled so much that our ribs were aching and had to save 'Way Out West' for the following night. Like yourself we were brought up on Laurel and Hardy, The Marx Brothers, Chaplin, The 3 Stooges, WC Fields etc. I simultaneously envy and pity those who have never had the pleasure.

I'd agree with your 9/10 for 'Way Out West' and I'd go the whole hog and give 'Sons of the Desert' a full 10/10.

• Upvote 2

I watched 'Sons of the Desert' with my sister recently, the plan was to follow it with 'Way out West' but we had howled so much that our ribs were aching and had to save 'Way Out West' for the following night. Like yourself we were brought up on Laurel and Hardy, The Marx Brothers, Chaplin, The 3 Stooges, WC Fields etc. I simultaneously envy and pity those who have never had the pleasure.

I'd agree with your 9/10 for 'Way Out West' and I'd go the whole hog and give 'Sons of the Desert' a full 10/10.

Sons of the Desert is an absoloute classic totally agree a 10/10 it's thier masterpiece with lines that are still incredibly funny

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/sons-of-the-desert/review-laurel-and-hardy/

• Upvote 2

Jungle Book (2016) - 8.5/10

Visually stunning and the voice overs were great, especially Idris Elbas as Shere Khan. Its the best movie I have seen so far this year and I'd highly recommend it.

I'm thinking about taking my daughters but I've read that some parts may be a touch frightening for young ones, my youngest is five, do you think that's too young ?

I'm thinking about taking my daughters but I've read that some parts may be a touch frightening for young ones, my youngest is five, do you think that's too young ?

Depends how sensitive they are to be honest. Certain parts may be quite scary.

Way Out West (Laurel and Hardy ) 9/10, sat down to watch this with my 11 and 9 year old niece and nephew to shouts of "urh how old is this? it's in black and white as well and we've never heard of them"...in the end they loved it and wanted another one put on.

It's a crying shame though that a whole generation of kids will never know how funny these and the likes of The Mark Brothers, The Three Stooges , Harold Lloyd, Charlie Chaplin, W.C.Fields etc etc were....

When I was a kid Laurel and Hardy and co were always shown on the Beeb... now nothing.....And I don't want to sound like your arl fella but some of the shite they have on instead it's criminal.

Recently downloaded their whole film library but need to be in the mood to watch it because its so good.

The best comedy paring ever in my opinion. Probably helps that one was English too. A nice balance of comedic roles.

Exit Through The Gift Shop 8/10

I realise I am a bit late to the party with this but I enjoyed it.

Anybody else think that Banksy and the other street artists came across as snobby cunts in the end? The guy is obviously a bit nuts but their demeaning of him reflected badly on them rather than him,I reckon.

The Big Short - Not for me. I know the whole point of the film is that there are really no likeable characters, but that doesn't mean every single one has to be completely and utterly unlikeable, does it? I also found the whole 'to camera explanation" thing a bit patronising and unecessary at times, but then remembered that most people are thick as fuck, so I get it. 

4 wasted Brad Pitts and Christian Bales out of 10 why does Ryan Gosling have to be in EVERYTHINGs

• Upvote 1

The Revenant - 7/10 Quite enjoyed it, although it seems that nothing kinda happens at a very slow pace. There's no real excitement to the film, apart maybe from the bear attack, but watched it all the way through and thought the ending was satisfactory if a little underwhelming.  Not sure what was going on with the Gladiator-style dream sequences though.

Deadpool - 8/10 I think it was for the better that I went into this film knowing nothing about the character or backstory from the comics and just watched it on its own merits. Some really funny parts and I thought Reynolds was good all the way through. As others have already said, Morena Baccarin is just divine.

Deadpool - only watched it because virgin superhero films are the only fucking films being made. It was fairly enjoyable and pretty funny at times. 

A little too "meta" at times to be meta enough for me not to cringe my tits off at times, though. 

6 cheap, crude gags out of 10 how close together are that fella's eyes anyways?

London Has Fallen. (***MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***)

Sometimes you just can't be arsed. That applies to films too. You don't want to watch something which requires you to follow the plot and script too closely. You just want an all singing, all dancing action flick with explosions, car chases and bad guys getting whacked.

These films can be done well. The Bourne films, some of the Die Hard ones, The Mission Impossible series, The Raid, The Man From UNCLE.

They can also be very far fetched and done badly. Accompanied with overly hammy acting and shockingly bad dialogue. And just some really strange and cringeworthy scenes. Like Prime Minister Clarkson. Like the president of the USA looking on in awe as Gerard Butler's character downs a pint of water after dispatching some bad guys. Like Butler accusing a terrorist of being from "Fuckheadistan". Like the President hiding in a bedroom while Butler sees off the baddies, only for the President to sneak out and shoot a terrorist in the head just when it looks like Butler is toast, to which Butler remarks "I was always waiting for you to come out the closet."

Then there's sickly USA patriotism undertone.

I thought Gerard Butler couldn't do much worse than that Law Abiding Citizen tosh.

But, he has. Comfortably.

0.5/10

• Upvote 1