You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Probably the most schizophrenic post in the history of the internet.

Watching the same film twice and reviewing it after each watch is how all films should be reviewed. At least the scores are close. 

Captain America: Civil War 9.5/10. Even better than Winter Soldier. I loved the plot, theme, new characters and especially the action. However, the best thing for me was the way the human drama lifted it way above the whole superhero thing.

I understand that loads of people are getting superhero ennui, but for me this is the best one yet - and by some distance. I fucking loved this film. It's everything a blockbuster should be.

I'd give it a 9/10 but agree with this post. Brilliant film and puts the last Avengers film which I thought was poor to shame. Black Panther was ace and I'm looking forward to his solo film a lot now. Good cameo by Spiderman too. Martin Freeman was a bit pointless in it though.

As for your last paragraph - and not just aimed at people on here because it's happening to me in real life - I wish people who are bored of superhero films and don't find them interesting would stop watching them just so they can tell me how bored and uninteresting they found it. One of my mates watches every Marvel film then moans about it after every one and says he's not watching anymore of them.

• Upvote 1

Special Correspondents - Incredibly bland comedy from Gervais, who can't seem to make a decent film. Laughed maybe once and Gervais wasn't at all convincing in the role he was playing. Could have been made in the late '90s when bland crap like this was ten a penny. 3 out of 10.

I have given this Hunger Games tripe no credence whatsoever. Or that Divergent thing.

Its just not aimed at our generation mate. Its just the whole Twilight thing without vampires, but with swords and stuff in a dystopian future. And if you're going to have swords and stuff, you've got to have the blood and violence.

• Upvote 1

Eddie the Eagle....a sanitized version of Thatchers shitty Britain. The odd beacon of hope offered to the plebs as they were ground down into the shit. Here it is turned into a cheery tale of typical British grit. It is thin on plot and character and not believable but entertaining enough.

6/10 token plebs breaking free from the monetarist policy shite

Mockingjay Part 2. 3/10.

Owes me 2hrs 15m of my life back. Not even Miss Lawrence can make this turd float.

To be honest mate, I think you're being generous there. Even my 14 year old who loves that shit thought it was shite. From the mouths of babes.

Captain America: Civil War - Or how to make a coherent superhero universe on the big screen. Great fun and the Captain America films continue to be the best series Marvel has. Good action, great introduction for the newer characters and good use of existing characters. Slightly too long but with so many characters that wasn't a surprise. 8.5 out of 10.

• Upvote 1

Deadpool.

Fucking loved it. The action is pretty much secondary to the script and the litany of throwaway, Chevy Chase style, lines. Found myself smiling pretty much throughout it at the constant nods to the superhero film genre and its regular themes and adult sense of humour. Pisstaking of the X-Men was good. Watching this the night after watching Ant-Man I think it shows you that there are less tread paths that Marvel can go down that have hopefully proved fruitful and commercially successful, and one can only hope for more 18 rated films from this genre in the future given the consistently mature themes in a lot of the original material in this genre.

Starwars the force awakens 8/10.

I enjoyed this film it was a huge improvement on the prequels and it felt like a proper Star Wars film.

As others have already stated I felt this film was an attempt to rectify the prequels and to also establish a base for the new characters. I anticipate the next films will be a better still.

At first I wasn't sure whether they were trying a bit too hard to replicate/erase the prequels but I think it worked perfectly.

Don't really know why I am rating this film cause everyone has already seen it.

Watched ,Wild At Heart as it come on early hours , seen it before mind , and some good strange stuff in that, though no big fan of Nicholas Cage , it's the rest of the cast ,the minor roles, that stand out and Bobby Peru is funny as fuck. That actor out of Emmerdale is in it at the bar talking like a duck or something ,good watch if only for weird characters.

Civil War - 6/10.

To be fair I said in recent months that I didn't like the comic book version so probably wouldn't like this. After seeing all of the good ratings was hoping to be surprised, but it didn't happen. It was too much of an action film for me (even if that was done well fairly often, accepted.) with a bit of story here and there that I couldn't get into.

In trying to be honest, 6/10 is probably a bit over the top, am in a shitty mood at the moment. Probably around 6.5-7/10, mainly because I do like Cap's character and some of the moments in the film, more than I realized at first.

It could've probably been a fair amount better story wise, but at the same time wasn't something I'd consider terrible.

Watched ,Wild At Heart as it come on early hours , seen it before mind , and some good strange stuff in that, though no big fan of Nicholas Cage , it's the rest of the cast ,the minor roles, that stand out and Bobby Peru is funny as fuck. That actor out of Emmerdale is in it at the bar talking like a duck or something ,good watch if only for weird characters.

Can I piss in your hair?