You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Players To Sell

Red Nick

Carson

-------------

Riise

-------------

Pennant

Benayoun

Babel

Momo

-------------

Kuyt

Voronin

Crouch

Id sell all of the above if I could get close to what I paid for them.

Id then buy quality not quality and supplement the first team squad with youngsters and reserves

Realistically those 9 players would bring in 4 top quality players which would give us a very strong 13-14 players to pick the team from every game

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carson

-------------

Riise

-------------

Pennant

Benayoun

Babel

Momo

-------------

Kuyt

Voronin

Crouch

Id sell all of the above if I could get close to what I paid for them.

Id then buy quality not quality and supplement the first team squad with youngsters and reserves

Realistically those 9 players would bring in 4 top quality players which would give us a very strong 13-14 players to pick the team from every game

That seems like a good idea for a club that never have any injured players. In other words not us.

I wouldn't sell Babel and Benayoun. I also thought that Pennant did very well in the second half of last season, and he started well this year too before the injury affected him.

I said in another thread that i'd probably sell Kuyt and Sissoko and I forgot about Riise. I'd definitely sell him to raise funds for an attacking player. We could have Arbeloa as first choice LB with Aurelio as back up.

Red Nick in a nutshell. That amazing gift of repeating gift of repeating himself over and over and over again without saying the same thing.

It is an oxymoron, and it is Red Nick.

Why the fuck would you want rid of Babel and Benayoun? Unless your a barm pot....aaah, I see.

I wouldn't sell Babel and Benayoun. I also thought that Pennant did very well in the second half of last season, and he started well this year too before the injury affected him.

Babel, are you insane?

What they said.

I'd also add Dirk though as he pulls defences effectively.

Would'nt sell Babel (good potential) or crouch (great option to have in squad) but others are not good enough..they would'nt make the manc, arse or chavs squad would they?

Wes Brown, Park, Fletcher, Senderos, Kalou, Pizarro all make their squads so some of the aove would make their squads too.

What does 'pulls defences effectively' mean exactly?!

Surely it's a strikers job to create/score goals...

Cmon Brownie its been discussed many times before. No, he's not a prolific striker but he makes space for other players probably better than anyone else does in our squad. If you ask Torres who he'd rather play with with him from our team he'd say Dirk. And that's why Rafa has him as first choice.

Cmon Brownie its been discussed many times before. No, he's not a prolific striker but he makes space for other players probably better than anyone else does in our squad. If you ask Torres who he'd rather play with with him from our team he'd say Dirk. And that's why Rafa has him as first choice.

Rafa doesn't have anyone as first choice alongside Torres. He changes them from week to week.

I know what you mean though, it's been done to death. I just couldn't resist because I just don't see what Kuyt brings us unfortunately.

But anyway....

On players to buy,I would like to know how much you would have to give for Richard Dunne?. £5-6m? i'd have a slice of that.Very good player in my eyes

Captain of a newly moneyed Man City. No way he, Johnson or Richards are going anywhere.

Will be interesting to see if City can push on again next season after a few more signings.

Crouch Momo Carson those three give you more than enough to bring in quality almost 30m there bring in 2 quality players then get the yanks to provide the money for a good CB if that buisness is done then other players may be able to be sold in the summer

don't bother spending reported 2m on umfalujifella he is unproven in the prem he's 29 and not what we need IMHO

The only person i'd sell in January is Carson because he's not even here. Who knows what injruies/suspensions we might have. Its unlikely we'll bring anyone in of any significance so I don't see the point in weakening our squad by offloading Momo, Crouch or Riise.

In the case of Momo - we have FIVE central midfielders and he's probably fifth choice, so I don't see how you can say that!

You don't need five players for that position, it's ridiculous.

I'd sell Kuyt, Riise, Carson, Voronin and Momo unfortunately. I like Momo but a big dip in form has resulted in his drop in the pecking order. As Ian said we don't need as many CM's as we have. All those players could get us in the region of £25-30 million which would be sufficient money to put towards another class forward and winger.

Red Nick's list is too brutal. For me, 4-5 should be kept as they are valid squad men, whereas another 4-5 should be sold and the money used to buy 2-3 top quality players who would all improve our first team.

None of the listed players are 'untouchable' but the fact is our rivals carry a few 'squad men' of similar quality and so should we.

The gist is correct though - not too many 'squad men' and more 'top quality' please.

Makes space for other players indeed. Does he fuck. He's too slow, and he plays too far back most of the time. He's our least effective and ugliest forward. And I'll ask Torres as soon as he gets out of the bath. And he wasn't first choice in our last match. But apart from that Thants, you're as spot on as you usually are. I know you love him, but love is blind sometimes.