You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

bossy

• 3 years later...

Bump.

England just lost to France on penalties after it finished 1-1 after extra time. Stop me when it sounds familiar.

England take the lead even though the opposition have had the better of things. England then sit back and struggle to retain possession. England make a substitution but rather than helping tighten things up, that player is taken apart time after time, and when the player has the ball, the only thought is an aimless punt upfield when England's main striker is nowhere near the ball, only just in the opposition half, 30 yards ahead of the nearest teammate and knackered/struggling with injury.

The opposition equalise just before 90 minutes are up through some comedy defending, after coming close on numerous occasions. The coaching staff will make noises to the effort of "get stuck in!". The match goes into extra-time where it is simply a backs-to-the-wall exercise, although one decent chance will be created and spurned.

So onto penalties. There is always one player who thinks that looking like they're shitting themselves, coupled with a short run up, is sufficient for a successful spot kick. That player will make a complete hash of the penalty. That player will ALWAYS be English if the match involves England. The next England player will have heaps of pressure on them to score, but rather than compose themselves, they will rush the kick and make a hash of it again. They won't have taken time to place the ball on the spot. They won't readjust the ball on the spot if it moves a bit. And they will kick the ball the instant the ref blows the whistle.

When the men's team qualify for Euro 2012, I expect to see the above when they play in the quarter-finals. The mongs in the tabloid press, plus the slobbering fuckwits who make up their readership, will alternate between castigating the referee, an opposition player, the standard of the pitch, the time the match was played, and the England player who fucked up in the shoot-out.

I watched this earlier today. It's the first game of women's football I've seen in years and I have to say, I thought the standard had improved a lot.

Very predictable England defeat on penalties, mind.

USA v Brazil tomorrow. It's all over the telly here. I really want Brazil to win.

I watched this earlier today. It's the first game of women's football I've seen in years and I have to say, I thought the standard had improved a lot.

Very predictable England defeat on penalties, mind.

USA v Brazil tomorrow. It's all over the telly here. I really want Brazil to win.

Brazil are not a bad team in terms of technical ability. Watch out for Martha, and they have a good central midfielder, she plays on the left of the middle two, to look out for.

The standard is a lot better nowadays. However, some of the goalkeeping is just dire.

The English keeper pulled off a good save at the start of the second half but for the France equaliser, managed to dive after the ball had gone past her. It looked just like a keeper in Pro Evo. I was pissing myself laughing at that. Then for the penalties, she clutches one out of the air AND HOLDS IT! (good old school skills there) only to then start running rather than diving for the rest.

France looked like they had quite a tasty player but then when I googled pics of her, she was absolutely hanging. Maybe its just as well as I dont have HD

The standard is a lot better nowadays. However, some of the goalkeeping is just dire.

The English keeper pulled off a good save at the start of the second half but for the France equaliser, managed to dive after the ball had gone past her. It looked just like a keeper in Pro Evo. I was pissing myself laughing at that. Then for the penalties, she clutches one out of the air AND HOLDS IT! (good old school skills there) only to then start running rather than diving for the rest.

France looked like they had quite a tasty player but then when I googled pics of her, she was absolutely hanging. Maybe its just as well as I dont have HD

I was laughing at that as well. She did it for one of the pens as well.

I bet you're on about France no 14 Necib. Thought she looked nice until I googled pics of her.

If the England team had a decent manager they would have gone through. Subbing the Left and Right backs 10mins from the end was mind boggling. Considering the replacement left back was utter gash, caused the build up to the French equaliser and missed a pen.

Yeah, thats her - Necib. She looked well tasty on telly but some of the pics coming up on google were horrific. Originally, I had intended on posting on here about her only to then find those photos and realise it would be a horrendous mistake

I was going to do the same this morning until I saw the pics. She looks good from a distance.

10413.600.783.jpg

USA versus Brazil was great watching there - not so much for the quality of football but for the drama. Delighted those swamp-donkeys Brazil are out - cynical, dirty, horrible cunts.

USA concede a penalty and get a player sent off, their keeper saves it, and the ref orders a bizarre retake. The second Brazil goal was offside in the buildup. USA should've had at least one penalty of their own aswell, but for the incompetent officials.

Then they equalise in the last minute of extra-time after continuous play-acting from Brazil. USA win 5-3 on pens. Laughing my arse off. Quality.

USA versus Brazil was great watching there - not so much for the quality of football but for the drama.

USA concede a penalty and get a player sent off, their keeper saves it, and the ref orders a bizarre retake. The second Brazil goal was offside in the buildup. USA should've had at least one penalty of their own aswell, but for the incompetent officials.

Then they equalise in the last minute of extra-time after continuous play-acting from Brazil. USA win 5-3 on pens. Laughing my arse off. Quality.

Yeah, crazy game. Brazil made for cringe-worthy watching. Justice served....happy that play-acting didn't pay off for Brazil, for once.

Another plus: we get to see more of Hope Solo.

Yeah, crazy game. Brazil made for cringe-worthy watching. Justice served....happy that play-acting didn't pay off for Brazil, for once.

Another plus: we get to see more of Hope Solo.

Aye maybe youll get to see her cock..

..looks too much like a man

The USA have a young striker called Alex Morgan. No idea if she's in their World Cup squad, but if you put her name into Google she's the first thing that comes up. As I cannot upload pics at the moment (I'm on my iPod) I'll let you lot decide for yourselves.

The USA have a young striker called Alex Morgan. No idea if she's in their World Cup squad, but if you put her name into Google she's the first thing that comes up. As I cannot upload pics at the moment (I'm on my iPod) I'll let you lot decide for yourselves.

Right. With full internet access:

302753.png

C395BB65D3AC4B8981EBCEFBDC699878.ashx?w=333&h=250

2011-07-04-Alex-Morgan-USA.jpg

1463984_full-prt.jpg

1460582.jpeg