You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Halifax ad

DT

Has anyone in the world ever, upon seeing that ad with the fat bint running around doing a stupid awful dance and absolutely raping an otherwise half decent Aretha Franklin ditty, thought "yes, I think Halifax will take me seriously and take good care of my money"?

Who the fuck came up with that idea?

It makes the Foster's Piss Lime Beer ad look good!

Has anyone in the world ever, upon seeing that ad with the fat bint running around doing a stupid awful dance and absolutely raping an otherwise half decent Aretha Franklin ditty, thought "yes, I think Halifax will take me seriously and take good care of my money"?

Fatist.

Guest Jay W

Her voice and face annoys me, infact I'm thinking of leaving the Halifax because of her, even though she's prorbrably not a real employee and just a fatty.

My exact (almost word for word) thoughts every time that piece of shit comes on.

You must be some sort of cunt to bank with them.

Guest TK-421

They're dead clever, aren't they? The way they work all these banky phrases into the songs. "Push, push, push your interest rates up high".

My exact (almost word for word) thoughts every time that piece of shit comes on.

You must be some sort of cunt to bank with them.

I have my mortgage with them. Before relocating to work in Dubai I thought I would be honest and inform them that I would be moving for work reasons and letting my house out....

I was told by mates and who work in banks most ppl dont do this and are willing to take the risk by not informing the banks as there rates would increase.

I thought I would play it safe and hopefully they would appreciate it......cunts changed my mortgage rate by a whopping 1.2% and increased my monthly payments massively. :wallbutt:

I have my mortgage with them. Before relocating to work in Dubai I thought I would be honest and inform them that I would be moving for work reasons and letting my house out....

I was told by mates and who work in banks most ppl dont do this and are willing to take the risk by not informing the banks as there rates would increase.

I thought I would play it safe and hopefully they would appreciate it......cunts changed my mortgage rate by a whopping 1.2% and increased my monthly payments massively. :wallbutt:

Harsh mate. Did you re-mortgage with another bank?

Guest Jay W
Anyone who banks with the Halifax should give themselves a damn good flogging for part financing these adverts.

Will you do it for me?

Harsh mate. Did you re-mortgage with another bank?

Looked at the possibility but they were going to charge me with a huge mortgage exit fee which would not have made it worthwile along with all sorts of other disincentives. Dealing with this from abroad was a serious task and tbh it seemed they tried to do everything they could to make things difficult. Come the end of my fixed term with them I am moving regardless if Hallifax offer a better rate.

I wouldn't bank with them for a 100% interest rate. It's a matter of principle. The advert came on at a bit of a family get together and I went off on one, doing a proper rant about, well about just about everything. The advert in my eyes is more evil than cancer, it signifies everything that is wrong with everything.

Dumb cunts. That's the only explanation of why that ad is on telly. Dumb cunts.

I've just moved over to them. 6% on anything up to £2500 in your current account was too hard to turn down.

A&L Current Account is 6.1% on anything up to £2500.00. Plus, you get the Premier ISA with an interest rate of 8.1% and free European travel insurance.

Do your homework, Monty!

You don't know how bad it can be. I used to work for the Halifax - head office in Leeds - everytime a new advert came out we all had to gather around tv's and watch it, then wait for the brown nosing dickwads to cry with laughter at Howard the cunt being made into a cartoon before bursting into applause and whooping American styley.

They hold auditions internally to find the next Howard. The fat fuck doing the latest add will work out of a branch somewhere near a pie shop.

I've just moved over to them. 6% on anything up to £2500 in your current account was too hard to turn down.

You might be getting 6% but you're paying the price of being regarded a laughing stock by World of Warcraft players!

Not worth it, I don't think.

You might be getting 6% but you're paying the price of being regarded a laughing stock by World of Warcraft players!

Not worth it, I don't think.

It's well worth it Pete. I worked out that it was actually costing me about £150 a year to keep my Barclays account; fuck that. Not even the respect and mutual admiration of a great such as Leroy Jenkins could make me turn that cash down. I'm a bit pissed off about that 8% ISA thing up there though, I only get 6.5 with mine.

Peter, is your name on the GF Challenge thread yet? If not then get it on.