You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking disgrace.

Paul

With Rafa because i belive in him,but after todays defeat and the poor start to the season we have made.Im starting to get a bit pissed of with him.

I mean we dont look like scoreing,we cant defend and the captain seems pissed off.The only player who i thought done well today was momo.

It dont help that ive just watched arsenal play some brilliant football,when we find it hard to make 2 passes.Im not saying sack Rafa i love the man but things must improve and improve quickly.

Hyppia should be dropped,everytime he gets the ball he just pumps it forward 9 times out of 10 going to the oppostion.

Alonso should be left out and put gerrard in the middle with momo,gonzalez and pennant on wings.

The players look nervous and have no confidence,are they loseing faith with rafa?

I just dont know whats happened to us :wallbutt: Seems like some players are more intrested in their hairstyles then getting stuck in.

To win away games you have to win the battle then let your football do the talking.At the moment we seem unable to win any battle.

Roll on wednsday and reading maybe its time to give anderson,hammill a chance.

Im fucking gutted like we all are,there was nothing for us to take away from this game and think hold on that was good. It was shit one of the worst performances ive seen..

Finnaly i hope Rafa tells the players they were shit and not that they were unlucky.Time to stand up and be counted.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The being utterly abject today I cannot comment on, as I was in work and unable to watch the game. Radio Five Live had to suffice.

I guess you expecting a win and getting a pile of shite instead has got to you. I know how that feels. I was gutted when we lost at OT last season, but at least we didn't deserve to lose then. It seems we got what we deserved today.

As grim as any defeat to the fucking mancs is, I take comfort from the fact that it is arguably our toughest away game of the season. A defeat there will always be viewed in that perspective by me.

Plus, like I have already posted, a defeat was on the cards this time around. The only good away game we have played this season was at Stamford Bridge, but unfortunately we have nothing to show for it.

The being utterly abject today I cannot comment on, as I was in work and unable to watch the game. Radio Five Live had to suffice.

I guess you expecting a win and getting a pile of shite instead has got to you. I know how that feels. I was gutted when we lost at OT last season, but at least we didn't deserve to lose then. It seems we got what we deserved today.

As grim as any defeat to the fucking mancs is, I take comfort from the fact that it is arguably our toughest away game of the season. A defeat there will always be viewed in the perspective by me.

Plus, like I have already posted, a defeat was on the cards this time around. The only good away game we have played this season was at Stamford Bridge, but unfortunately we have nothing to show for it.

I wasn't expecting a win - just hoping for one. I was expecting to see us fight, though.

I suppose it's the fact that we were so utterly abject today. There wasn't a single positive spark to hang my optimistic hat on. I'm actually quite calm about CL qualification, it's just that in the aftermath of today, nothing would surprise me. Although having said that, I don't see how we can get any lower. Rafa and the players have got to respond.

Things need to change and the first would be Garcia to be a super sub at best, last twenty minutes never start that light weight unless injuries force us.

I know we dont have great wing backs but I'd like to see Sissoko in the holding, role hes no Vierra going forward-fact,with Alonso and Gerrard in front getting the best out our front two. Stevie did well last season out wide but for me hes better roaming from the middle. Finally Raffa should cut all this blood testing bollocks and fittness fine tuning, find the winning formula and only change it if a player gets injured. Play to our strengths not the oppositions.

Midweek will be interesting.

The worrying aspect about today was the total lack of quality we had coarsing throughout the team. No basic technical ability and a worrying lack of fight.

I have no idea what it is because on paper we have a cracking set of players. Or do we just rate the players more than we should? I just don't know.

I didn't think we'd win the league this season but I thought we'd at least challenge. To see that we won't even do that is the most depressing thing of the season for me.

Its been a weird season so far, but I definately think that it can be turned around. Just a few points I would like to make after today. I dont think I expected that much today but I did want some fight. Robbie Fowler would have been well up for it today ! I think we are suffering from quite a few internal & external matters !

I think a lot of our problems have stemmed from the preseason and Steven Gerrard. Dont get me wrong I love SG, got his number on my shirt etc, but I do think he may be ruling the roost a bit too much at the moment. For example when we signed Bellamy he made that "they all say that when they sign for us comment" ....not needed from a captain. I definately think he is not pulling the stops out because he is more concerned with playing in the centre rather than the flanks i.e. asking Pennant where he was playing when JP came on today. Maybe he cant be arsed until he is stuck in the centre.

I would also like to make a comment about the hand we have been dealt this season by the fixture list and sky, hardly any 3pm kick offs (WTF) and handing us probably 5 tough ties away form home in our first lot of games

Sheffield United - No top side wants to play a newly promoted side on the 1st day of the season, especially on TV at lunchtime on a Saturday ! Ask Chelsea about that uncomfortable match at Wigan last season.

Chelsea, Man U and Bolton - Very rarely get anything from these shit holes.

Everton - Too early for a derby ! I know that sounds daft but they were well up for it and we werent.

Not one of these was a 3pm kickoff either, something stinks !

I also feel Rafa does not know who his best 2 up front are and I think that means that the front paring are not developing an understanding with the midfield.

Finally I would like to point out that this side has been virtually been playing non stop since the 2004/2005 season, what I mean is that these guys got to the CL final, won, then had to start their season a month later, a long season with a grulling FA Cup final at the end, then most of them went to the world cup, then the season started. That may be the reason why they looked so jaded today.

On the plus side we have got these ties out of the way now, and they have to come to our place, I hope by time those matches come around we are in a better position than today and take these cunts to the fuckin cleaners !

Its been a weird season so far, but I definately think that it can be turned around. Just a few points I would like to make after today. I dont think I expected that much today but I did want some fight. Robbie Fowler would have been well up for it today ! I think we are suffering from quite a few internal & external matters !

I think a lot of our problems have stemmed from the preseason and Steven Gerrard. Dont get me wrong I love SG, got his number on my shirt etc, but I do think he may be ruling the roost a bit too much at the moment. For example when we signed Bellamy he made that "they all say that when they sign for us comment" ....not needed from a captain. I definately think he is not pulling the stops out because he is more concerned with playing in the centre rather than the flanks i.e. asking Pennant where he was playing when JP came on today. Maybe he cant be arsed until he is stuck in the centre.

I would also like to make a comment about the hand we have been dealt this season by the fixture list and sky, hardly any 3pm kick offs (WTF) and handing us probably 5 tough ties away form home in our first lot of games

Sheffield United - No top side wants to play a newly promoted side on the 1st day of the season, especially on TV at lunchtime on a Saturday ! Ask Chelsea about that uncomfortable match at Wigan last season.

Everton - Too early for a derby ! I know that sounds daft but they were well up for it and we werent.

Not one of these was a 3pm kickoff either, something stinks !

I also feel Rafa does not know who his best 2 up front are and I think that means that the front paring are not developing an understanding with the midfield.

Finally I would like to point out that this side has been virtually been playing non stop since the 2004/2005 season, what I mean is that these guys got to the CL final, won, then had to start their season a month later, a long season with a grulling FA Cup final at the end, then most of them went to the world cup, then the season started. That may be the reason why they looked so jaded today.

On the plus side we have got these ties out of the way now, and they have to come to our place, I hope by time those matches come around we are in a better position than today and take these cunts to the fuckin cleaners !

Cardie will have his copy and paste ready for this one

Jesus Wept

We will have to if we want to win the league

They were up for it and we weren't? That is an excuse?

Pennant, Momo, Gonzalez, Riise, Finnan, Hyypia, Aurelio didn't play at the world cup. Garcia was out early as was Reina and Alonso - ditto for Gerrard

14 games against the top sides under Rafa

2 wins

1 draw

11 defeats

7 points from a possible 42

oh my thats not good, thanks for the stats, didnt realise until seeing it in black and white. Indipid, useless. umotivated, unemotional, unliverpool is the best way I can describe today's game. We lacked passion, imagination or any fight at all. We need to play the same football be it home or away, we need to attack we are Liverpool force the issue dont let the other team dictate terms. To play one style at home and one away is just silly. We obviously played for the draw today or at best the counter attack goal. Rafa needs to work it out quickly because as it stands today 4ht place is slipping away and how sad is that to say about our mighty reds.

I've said that very thing to a few people today and got laughed at!!

Most disappointing thing today was the sheer inevitability once we went a goal down - and I'm talking about the players - no passion, no raising the game, no excuses today - the other 3 defeats, at least we played half-decent, today was shocking. As was Bordeaux and Blackburn - we need a kick-start or CL qualification is dodgy

Sometimes you just know - you can feel that we're not going to score - its been like that for a few games. Last season, when we were going well, when the opposition went a goal up you'd think ' right, game on - we'll punish them now ' and we generally did. There's a fatalism running through the team that's affecting everyone.

The worrying aspect about today was the total lack of quality we had coarsing throughout the team. No basic technical ability and a worrying lack of fight.

I have no idea what it is because on paper we have a cracking set of players. Or do we just rate the players more than we should? I just don't know.

I didn't think we'd win the league this season but I thought we'd at least challenge. To see that we won't even do that is the most depressing thing of the season for me.

That is the only thing that pissed me off.

Cardie will have his copy and paste ready for this one

Alright cunty chops, missed your paticular brand of fingers in ears downright refusal to look at whats infront of you today, how you doing?

I'm hurt that you think I copy and paste anything, with the way our adventures on the road have been going I've had plenty of chances to practice reciting rebuttals to ridiculous excuses.

The one plus side today you'll be pleased to know we maintained the status quo when it comes to points gained/lost compared to last season since we lost to Utd last season as well.

Every cloud and that.

Guest molbyscorchio

I think we do rate the players to be far better than they actually are. Look at the way Arsenal play. They've got youngsters bought for nothing in a lot of positions that are far better than what we have. I don't believe we have anyone apart from Gerrard that would get in their team. Seriously. Forget Momo and Alonso - they just don't hack it in the Prem. Not to the standard and consistency required of a Championship team. Their back 4 is better than ours, both collectively and individually man-for-man. Take off the rose tinted specs, and you'll see that they are quicker, more mobile, have a better understanding, and are better technically. We can repeat this exercise right across the team, do the same with United and Chelsea, and if we are honest, much as we love our players and they rule etc etc (can't fucking stand that saying), they just don't come up to scratch. Not good enough consistently enough.

What we need is a unified front and we need to show the players that we are behind them but in the morgue that is Anfield these days, I doubt that will happen. We need to get a fucking atmosphere going in a home game to help reduce the tension.

What we need is a unified front and we need to show the players that we are behind them but in the morgue that is Anfield these days, I doubt that will happen. We need to get a fucking atmosphere going in a home game to help reduce the tension.

It'll happen but we can't do it all ourselves and need that spark from the players.

Take Blackburn, for the first 60 minutes it was flat but then Riise sticks in a challenge Kop end that looked like he was up for the fight and the crowd responded. We then dominated for a long spell.

If the players are playing like they can't be bothered and don't care then it'll be hard to get the crowd to pick up.

It'll happen but we can't do it all ourselves and need that spark from the players.

Take Blackburn, for the first 60 minutes it was flat but then Riise sticks in a challenge Kop end that looked like he was up for the fight and the crowd responded. We then dominated for a long spell.

If the players are playing like they can't be bothered and don't care then it'll be hard to get the crowd to pick up.

It's a circular argument, though. What fucking harm is there in getting a sore throat. It's hypocritical to criticise the players for a lack of effort when most fans can't even be arsed completing a full rendition of Scouser Tommy. Like the players who play when they think it's worth it, so do the fans, when it's the CL Final or the Semi-Final people are prepared to sing themselves hoarse and it's because the stakes are raised rather than the presence of OOTs or not.

It's a circular argument, though. What fucking harm is there in getting a sore throat. It's hypocritical to criticise the players for a lack of effort when most fans can't even be arsed completing a full rendition of Scouser Tommy. Like the players who play when they think it's worth it, so do the fans, when it's the CL Final or the Semi-Final people are prepared to sing themselves hoarse and it's because the stakes are raised rather than the presence of OOTs or not.

You're right it is a circular argument and one that nobody will ever get to the bottom of. How do you decide what the ratio is between support and performance.

In an ideal world we'd sing from start to finish and the players will play to their ability every game. Never quite works out like that.

You're right it is a circular argument and one that nobody will ever get to the bottom of. How do you decide what the ratio is between support and performance.

In an ideal world we'd sing from start to finish and the players will play to their ability every game. Never quite works out like that.

We can do one, we can only hope for the other. We as supporters need to focus on what we can influence, which is getting behind the team and support them by singing our hearts out.

The fans are not to blame for that fucking pitiful surrender we saw today.

Surrender is the perfect word to sum up today.

On the way in there today I really fancied our chances and then I heard the team. Shit.

Luis is a luxury away from home, one we can ill afford. I was hoping we'd start with Momo and Stevie in the middle, JP on the wing and set a high tempo against Carrick & Fletcher who frankly not very good. Instead we kept the ball for about 15 minutes then whenever we near their area we just slowed down.

Kuyt was totally isolated on his own. No support play from either Stevie, Gonzalez or any of the midfield.

Today was a time for our key men to ensure each of the 11 stood up to be counted. We're becoming very much like In-gur-land in that we talk a great game but play the complete opposite. Unfortunately Stevie was on a different planet, Xabi again gave the ball away and looked sluggish with only Carra & Sami trying to gee us up. Momo got stuck in but his distribution let him down. Gonzalez posed little threat

I'm not Crouch's biggest fan but he MUST play in games like this were both the opposing Centre Halves are not the best at defending.

Speaking of defending, ours remains shambolic. Individually players arent making mistakes but organisation is terrible. Reina is providing the back 4 with no confidence. Flapping at crosses, palming away when he should be catching and generally going walkabout at will. Sami seems to spend periods of the game smiling at the Ref when we dont get a decision and Carra seems that pissed off with his colleagues that he's going for every single ball an dgetting sucked out of position. Riise's pathetic attempts at challenging Giraffe Lips for their 3nd will haunt me for a long time. Finnan just looks tired.

I think Rafa needs to take a long hard look at the players who performing way below their level and drop them. Simple as that. We've got a big squad.

His tactics didnt help today and his constant changing is beginning to infuriate even his most ardent fans like me. How can we get a flow going if the tactis and line up are constantly changing?

A few days of reflection from both him and the 'players'.

The fans are not to blame for that fucking pitiful surrender we saw today.

I wasn't suggesting that was the case. What I was hoping to imply was that we've got no confidence and that, as fans, maybe we could make an effort during our next home games to lift the atmosphere with the hope of giving the players a lift.