You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pennant

Brownie

He may be a prick, but I tell you what he's an impressive player. He's rapid and puts a brilliant ball in. What stood out for me with him was the way he didn't need to beat JAR to put a good ball in - he just got half a yard and whipped it in.

I was very, very impressed with his talent.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He may be a prick, but I tell you what he's an impressive player. He's rapid and puts a brilliant ball in. What stood out for me with him was the way he didn't need to beat JAR to put a good ball in - he just got half a yard and whipped it in.

I was very, very impressed with his talent.

I hate to admit it, but I've warmed to the idea of bringing him in a lot over the last couple of months - I've still got a lot of time for Garcia, but the comparison between the two of them tonight was pretty glaring.

I hate to admit it, but I've warmed to the idea of bringing him in a lot over the last couple of months - I've still got a lot of time for Garcia, but the comparison between the two of them tonight was pretty glaring.

He'd walk into our team and improve it no end too. Obviously it's a tough call due to his past misdemeanours, but on pure football-related subjects he's a top player.

He is a top player and I would have tried with a sneaky bid. We are so narrow down that right side when Luis plays out there, need more width.

I thought we did enquire in the last window and were quoted silly prices by Birmingham. I seem to recall someone posting along that line anyway!

And then I decided to read the previous post from Maldini properly........... :whistle:

Thought he had a great game last night, was paying more attention to him cause we were linked looks like as was said above would walk into right midfield. No time to settle used to league etc could do a lot lot worse in the summer. Hope they go down make it a lot easier to get him. Also we all make mistakes he seems to have sorted himself out aint he meant to be a red too.

I have to say I was suprised that we gave the lad so much shit when there is a chance we are interested and when he's a boyhood red.

Agreed!

I thought it was a moronic action by those with no brain or knowledge of likely future players and cringed when I heard it.

The lad himself had a superb game, fast, linked well, found a man-get him!

I dont like him. I dont like his attitude and his apparent character. His crossing is good and he is quick but i really do not see anything special in him. I am clearly on my own with this opinion but i think for the money he would cost (unless they go down maybe) i am sure there must be better options.

The word in The Stanley last night was that a 5 mil bid from us was turned down this January. 5 million, but no more for him although I do think he's a good player.

His ability to cross the ball is fantastic, and like someone else has mentioned, he doesn't need loads of space to put in a quality ball.

Thought we went OTT with the "You're supposed to be in jail" chant. Once would have been enough.

Any hope we had of getting has gone after last night thanks to the majority of muppets in the Anny Road which always seems to attract the 'Stand up if you hate Man U' mob more than ANYWHERE else in the ground. Singing 'your supposed to be in jail' ffs just because he kicked the corner flag when he didn't get a decision. I am sure he will remember that if and when he leaves Birmingham and moves to a bigger club and we are in for him. Gee thanks Anny Road nobs.

Any hope we had of getting has gone after last night thanks to the majority of muppets in the Anny Road which always seems to attract the 'Stand up if you hate Man U' mob more than ANYWHERE else in the ground. Singing 'your supposed to be in jail' ffs just because he kicked the corner flag when he didn't get a decision. I am sure he will remember that if and when he leaves Birmingham and moves to a bigger club and we are in for him. Gee thanks Anny Road nobs.

I honestly doubt he'd be arsed if the chance came to move here he'd come, sure Rooney got a fair amount of shit from the Mancs when he played for the shite...

I honestly doubt he'd be arsed if the chance came to move here he'd come, sure Rooney got a fair amount of shit from the Mancs when he played for the shite...

Exactly. It's not like he's not a target for opposing fans wherever he goes. I personally think he's the best right winger we can get, and the idea of a midfield of kewell, alonso, gerrard and pennant gives me an eight person trouser tent..

Exactly. It's not like he's not a target for opposing fans wherever he goes. I personally think he's the best right winger we can get, and the idea of a midfield of kewell, alonso, gerrard and pennant gives me an eight person trouser tent..

We should devise some kind of scam for the summer, get spurs or someone to buy SWP for us and then give them a sweetner when they immediately sell him to us, Dave Unworth style. Simao, Robben, the lad will never get a game there again...

He's a professional footballer. If the money was right, and we were the best option in for him, he'd move regardless of any chanting. I personally feel the 'you're supposed to be in jail' chant is quite funny, although 'you're suppoed to be on tag' may've been more appropriate.

I agree, as posted elsewhere, that some of the other chants in the Anny Rd were pathetic, but surely not as pathetic as brummies chanting Inbred's name.

Yeah, that worked well with Southampton and Crouch.

Rupert Lowe's a cunt and Southampton weren't paying much of their players big wages. Birmingham have a few big enough earners who they couldn't afford to keep paying in the first division so they'd have to sell their best players. You don't think he'd cost less if they went down compared to if they stay up?

Guest Gazmo25
I would have thought Finnan's job despcription, at least at Anfield, included bombing down the right on an overlap when Luis is on the ball. For some reason he doesn't.

To be fair though, Garcia was on the right and he is responsible for getting out on to that side and putting balls in. If Finnan can do it that is a bonus. Maybe it was a tactical thing because Brum had Gray and Lazaridis on the left last night? Gray tore us to ribbons down that side twice last year and Lazaridis is no slouch. Maybe the fact that Luis will not track back affected Finnan pushing on also.

The more I think about Pennant the more I see the footballer rather than the knob. If we could harness his abilities and quash his midadventures of the pitch he could be a cracking signing, though I do I like to change my mind on that.

Anyway he does like "flexing" with his mates apparently so theres a positve note straight away