You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa's Rebuilding Program....

JangoSolo

Next season will be Rafa's First full season, if you include preseason etc. he has already stated that everyone will be coming back early this year to get fit and I guess get inducted into the "Rafa programme".

This will also be his chance at making his mark on the squad, getting rid of any deadwood and creating a team that he thinks can play his style.

Who would you like to see chopped from the 1st team and who do we need to be building around?

I personally think that we need to keep the following in the 1st X1 and build the team around them.

Carra, Finnan, Riise, Warnock (I really rate him at left back), Gerrard, Alonso, Cisse, Nando & Garcia

Carson looks great, Igor has won me over this year but I don't think that he would be in my starting line up, Hamann as always is valuable to the squad, I would like to think that Kewell will be back to the player I had thought we had bought next season... , the french kids would do well to reach their potential next season too, and Sami as good as he has been, should now perhaps become backup as we need a new pacey centre half.

Baros (So much talent so much waste - why can't he look up??), Josemi (oh dear), Pellegrino (Talented but no good for the prem, at his age), Dudek/Kirkland (1 of them or both), Smicer (Never delivered), Traore (the new Desially has always flattered to deceive, even though he is much improved this year) and the obvious collection of what I like to call "should have bought Duff instead" Diouf, Daio & Cheyrou.

Hopefully after that we can fill the gaps with quality hard working players, I would like to see some english players in there but I can't really see who we could get, though Routledge could be a nice possibility, I would expect to see some Valencia players though....

We need

New GK

New Pacey/Skilled CB

New Winger

New Stiker

We could do with

New Creative Midfielder?

New Left Back?

What do you guys think?

Big post there! Time for Dudek to go - I like the lad but we need someone who the defence can have confidence in - looks like we're getting this Spanish fella anyway. Carra to be captain. Hyypia - keep 1 more season but get another centre back. keep traore but hopefullly warnock will make even more of a first team impact next season and make left back spot his own. Keep Didi but used sparingly as he is getting on a bit now and needs his rest. a winger like Vicente or that Joaquin, plus I'd like us to get Schweinsteiger from Bayern - great player I think - not sure how much he'd be? Baros is gone in summer I reckon but will he go for new striker or someone who can implement his 1 behind an out and out striker. ballack?

I have heard a rumour as probably many of you have that Figo is coming in the summer to add experience for the young lads and to platy behind the striker in a free role like Macca used to do for us. Now I have mixed feelings about Figo, good creativity, good free kick taker but has he got the commitment that we need, :dunno:

I have heard a rumour as probably many of you have that Figo is coming in the summer to add experience for the young lads and to platy behind the striker in a free role like Macca used to do for us. Now I have mixed feelings about Figo, good creativity, good free kick taker but has he got the commitment that we need, :dunno:

I'd rather be bummed by Elton John twice than have Figo playing for us.

Ok maybe a bit drastic there, but you get the picture.

Along with bringing in new players I think theres a mental gap to be bridged by Rafa's spanish team with regard to the mentality of the premiership. Im sure they've seen that this year with our appalling away record and the ablilty to come through the weekend with a win after a mid week outing.

In Spain the top teams tend to lose more games over the season and still win the league. In the premiership teams lose less especially away from home

I'd rather be bummed by Elton John twice than have Figo playing for us.

Ok maybe a bit drastic there, but you get the picture.

He has a Super Hero's head.

That's all the reason I need to not want us to sign him.

Just look at his head, look at it! Dear oh dear. He looks like a cross between Barbie's fella, Ken, Clark Kent, and Action Man. He just wouldn't look right in a Liverpool shirt. Wouldn't do it justice like.

I'm sure he could be excellent fo us on the right, but who really cares, when he has that head?

Guest Kaelin

This is a question that is gonna link all sorts of players too us. We can Realistically go and get 3 Quality Players but who?

I reckon Figo would be a good buy but he lacks pace do we want another Diouf plus that guys right he does have a Superheros head lol.

Boa Morte is one of the filththiest fuckers about and I dont want him anywhere near Anfield never mind playin for us. We are constantly bein linked with Aimar dunno whether that will go thru but thats the kind of Quality we should be lookin at.

Ballack is a good shout so is Edu, id kidnap Bergkamp for a season, Cisses pace and the Passing of Dennis wud go together like Chelsea and Arrogance.

Warnock will make Lb his own but another center back wud be Nice, Chivu was decent tho not heard much recently(any1?)no its always gonna be Carra so some1 in Hyypias type tall good in the air I like Zak Knight but the boy does have an ego.

From wat Ive seen of Nunez hes got wat it takes + remember hes comin back from a shocker of an Inj so Id not say no too a right winger, a RIGHT WINGER not some one who cuts in field all the time a proper head down beat a man, get to the byline, cross, kinda guy. Shaun Wright Phillips is an awesome player if we can get him lets, at a push he could even go up front.

Sayin all that tho id never heard of Luis Garcia b4 Benitez came so I trust Rafa all the way. look wat he done to Igor!!! he knos who he wants and if his idea of quality is Garcia and Alonso then roll on next season!! :drool: