You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Sun 17th Dec 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Was concerned about this in the back of my mind all week, because after the last couple of weeks and the game last season, the expectation level at both clubs has shifted an extraordinary amount to the point where ten Hag knew he could be smelling himself about getting out of dodge with a 1-0 win, and our boys probably felt like they needed to put on a show and win 3-0 (at least) to feel like they'd lived up to expectations. The mancs just had to not shit down their leg to get a "well done"; we'd have to pummel them in a way we, historically, seldom do.

I reckon it cabbaged a few heads that are already a bit cabbaged anyway. It feels like we've gone off the boil a bit - it's not a full blown slump in form, but we've steadily dropped off our best. I'd hoped this was the kind of game to reverse that but with hindsight due to the reasons above, it was probably exactly the wrong sort of game.

Onwards, I suppose.

• Upvote 4

Let's not lose sight of the fact  the mancs were fucking dire. 

We've all been on the other end of yesterday, with Ferguson's mancs coming to town and us taking a beating, but by and large we've put up some sort of fight, despite being hopelessly outgunned on and off the pitch (especially off the pitch).

The mancs have outspent us and yet the way they played was a disgrace. It wasn't plucky, it wasn't backs to the wall, they had zero interest in playing football and could hardly string three passes together. They were a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to shape the narrative the way they are.

• Upvote 1

It was an awful game, played out by two teams who look completely out of form. Misplaced passes all over the shop.

My worry is that we're about to slump going into the Festive period, you could see that game coming a mile off and I can see the slump coming too. Do we have a single midfielder or forward in form?

Having said all that, I am still in complete disbelief the penalty for Shaw's handball wasn't given.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Mook said:

It was an awful game, played out by two teams who look completely out of form. Misplaced passes all over the shop.

My worry is that we're about to slump going into the Festive period, you could see that game coming a mile off and I can see the slump coming too. Do we have a single midfielder or forward in form?

Having said all that, I am still in complete disbelief the penalty for Shaw's handball wasn't given.

Think the explanation given was that it hit his leg before it went onto his arm/hand. 

3 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Think the explanation given was that it hit his leg before it went onto his arm/hand. 

There's always an 'explanation' isn't there.

They've been dishing out penalties for that for a couple of years but all of a sudden it's not given.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

The cunt has played 218 games of professional football and never scored a goal and they're offering you 33/1.

That's what I was thinking! Shocking odds them. Should be at least 50/1. But odds these days across the board seem shit. 

39 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Let's not lose sight of the fact  the mancs were fucking dire. 

We've all been on the other end of yesterday, with Ferguson's mancs coming to town and us taking a beating, but by and large we've put up some sort of fight, despite being hopelessly outgunned on and off the pitch (especially off the pitch).

The mancs have outspent us and yet the way they played was a disgrace. It wasn't plucky, it wasn't backs to the wall, they had zero interest in playing football and could hardly string three passes together. They were a disgrace and shouldn't be allowed to shape the narrative the way they are.

Yeah, the match was a draw because of our failure and not because of their defending. They were all over the place at times and just because you're time wasting 1 minute into the game, doesn't mean you had a good game plan. What sums it up for me is I can't think of 1 Liverpool player who had a good game and yet we dominated and should have won comfortably. 

33 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It clearly did and was in a natural position -- not handball.

Rule changed a couple seasons ago.

That law has been meddled with so much nobody,even top referees,know what the ruling actually is. In a perfect world it was not a penalty but his arms were not in a natural position,in my view. It just shows how fucked up it is. And I'm a ref who speaks to other refs and it still causes confusion among them.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

his arms were not in a natural position,in my view

Were they supposed to be over his head? Ridiculous.

They were a significant distance from his body and he made no effort to withdraw it either. But the current state of the laws of the game are deliberately vague. Purposely,in my view.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

One of the worst players I've ever seen plag against us that lad, has George Weah's cousin vibes.

To be honest, I spent most of the game thinking how similar he was to endo. A lad who wouldn't look out of place in a decent mid table alerdyce side. 

33 minutes ago, Butch said:

I'd bin Diaz as he offers very little, looks busy but does fuck all. Sausage boi yesterday stank the place out and is still living off his wonder goal. Can't believe he's got his own song after 4 fairly good first games. 

Who the fuck is sausage boi?