You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

LASK (H) - EL Group E, Thu 30th Nov 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

21 hours ago, gkmacca said:

I don't get this. When he's confident, yes, you can. When he's not, no, you can't. 

If people think those three or four pens after he'd missed a couple, when he fired them at the space occupied at the whistle by the keeper's knee caps, were good, then god knows what they're taking. Sometimes, his confidence goes, like Gerrard's went, like just about anyone's goes, and then, if you're remotely sane, you WILL doubt him.. Are you asking people to ignore any reality and demand blind faith? Doubts come and go depending on the evidence in front of your eyes. 

I'm asking people to acknowledge that he scores 5 out of every 6, which is better than most of our penalty takers.

On 01/12/2023 at 07:40, Code said:

Scored 30 out of 36 penalties for us. 

A better record than Gerrard for instance.

Out of the players who have taken more than 10 penalties for us, only Aldridge, Mølby, Milner and Hodgson have better records. 

IMG_9482.png

IMG_9483.jpeg

An actually interesting statistic. 
Gordon Hodgson, know your role and score a pen. 
The mad thing with Salah for me is despite his absolute undisputed class he seems capable of the odd shockingly poor bit of play, I’m not really sure why. I love him but he’s a strange player. Things like his pen against the arse play on my mind when he steps up ( less so these days).