You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Home v Away

an tha

This season in league:

Home: 

PL13

W 9

D 3

L 1

GS 34

GC 9

GD +25

PTS 30

3rd best in league just 4 pts worse than best.

Away:

PL 13

W 3

D 3

L 7

GS 13

GC 20

GD -7

PTS 12

11th best in league, 19 pts worse than best.

We have a bad, bad case of travel sickness.....

We have only picked up 4 more pts than Everton on our travels and same amount as Southampton!

• 2 months later...
On 11/03/2023 at 21:05, an tha said:

This season in league:

Home: 

PL13

W 9

D 3

L 1

GS 34

GC 9

GD +25

PTS 30

3rd best in league just 4 pts worse than best.

Away:

PL 13

W 3

D 3

L 7

GS 13

GC 20

GD -7

PTS 12

11th best in league, 19 pts worse than best.

We have a bad, bad case of travel sickness.....

We have only picked up 4 more pts than Everton on our travels and same amount as Southampton!

So 6 games later we improved on the away record  winning 3 of last 6, drawing 2 and losing 1  - but it is still an absolutely abysmal one, and it has completely killed us this season. 

If we had even been just half decent away from home we would have secured a top 4 place.

Final away record:

PL 19

W 6

D 5

L 8

GS 29

GC 30

GD -1

PTS 23

6 fucking away wins and a negative GD - Bournemouth won 5...

Home record by contrast!

PL 19

W 13

D 5

L 1

GS 46

GC 17

GD +29

PTS 44

As someone who went to all 38 league games this season and the season before my opinion matters more so I post in bold

Injuries have not helped us. Brentford, Palace, Brighton we definitely missed that pace in the left forward position. Teams can come out a bit more without the threat in behind

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...

OK it is a small sample still and of course what happened at Tottenham was a joke....but our away form in league is not great so far this season again.

9 pts from 6 games - not won any of our last 3 - only won 2 of the 6 we have played away.

Next up away Abu Dhabi...

1 hour ago, an tha said:

OK it is a small sample still and of course what happened at Tottenham was a joke....but our away form in league is not great so far this season again.

9 pts from 6 games - not won any of our last 3 - only won 2 of the 6 we have played away.

Next up away Abu Dhabi...

It’s a small sample as you say, and the refs cost us the Spurs game. Brighton we should have closed out - will never understand Robertson not clearing the ball for their second goal - and Luton we were shit. 

Would be astonished if we got anything away against Abu Dhabi but that’s the hardest fixture of the season for any team who goes there.

I don’t think a title challenge was ever on the cards for this season and I think we’ve improved our away form enough to finish top four.

• Upvote 1

We are certainly looking better than last season - we'll of course see how it pans out as season progresses.

As it stands i'd be surprised if we aren't top 4 this season and reasonably comfortably - whether we have a title challenge in us is another story - probably going to need a 90 pt season to do that and that is of course a big ask - but we are heading in the right direction again I feel - just don't want this away form to become a problem again...

1 hour ago, joe_fishfish said:

It’s a small sample as you say, and the refs cost us the Spurs game. Brighton we should have closed out - will never understand Robertson not clearing the ball for their second goal - and Luton we were shit. 

Would be astonished if we got anything away against Abu Dhabi but that’s the hardest fixture of the season for any team who goes there.

I don’t think a title challenge was ever on the cards for this season and I think we’ve improved our away form enough to finish top four.

We should also have been 2-1 up and playing the 2nd half against 10 men at Brighton, but, y'know, Anthony Fucking Taylor.