You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

No, I agree Werner should be shot.

Though I fear they'd miss as he'd stray offside and the bullet would miss rendering the whole charade embarrassing to the assembled throng wanting to see an offing.

You’ve lost me.

For that penalty, the passage of play saw no City players or supporters appeal at all, in fact, until the next break in play, then the referee being notified by VAR, I doubt if any fucker thought there was a penalty. When the incident was shown my first reaction was that it hadn’t hit the Leipzig players arm as the City player directed his header down without variation in the balls flight. Only when it was really slowed down could you see it brush the arm, Hardly deliberate, hardly arm towards the ball, totally ridiculous, and then City run away with it.

To be fair they were threatening to score anyway, but it’s not like they need any assistance.

3 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Only when it was really slowed down could you see it brush the arm, Hardly deliberate, hardly arm towards the ball, totally ridiculous,

Compare that to the pelanty at the weekend where the defender follows the ball with his eyes all the way and lifts his arm to block a goal bound header.

23 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Haaland is basically Ibra Mk II. 

He will drift from team to team scoring a boatload at every port but never be integral to the way they play.

Scoring a boatload AND winning 10 league titles in Italy, Spain and France isn’t bad for a player not integral to the way the teams played.

Inter used up all their luck tonight. Praised for their defensive effort but the truth is Porto could have had about five. 

Napoli/City/Real Madrid/Bayern I guess the likely semis if they're kept apart. To be honest, I fancy Real Madrid to win it again. They'll meet Napoli at some point and get really luck against them.

16 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Haaland is basically Ibra Mk II. 

He will drift from team to team scoring a boatload at every port but never be integral to the way they play.

Strange comparison.

Zlatan has scored 48 CL goals in 124 games.

Haaland has scored 33 CL goals in 25 games. 

The only player among the top 45 goalscorers of all time getting close to Haalands numbers in the CL is Gerd Muller. 

A02A9DA5-CE39-4EE5-B996-F2D30E73BF15.jpeg

726D30BC-F599-448B-8A05-0E1A2440E123.jpeg

A31F5EA3-AA0A-4497-844A-65EC67D351FE.jpeg

• Upvote 1

My mate’s lad plays at Harrogate Town. Not sure which age group. 

Anyways, players his lad played against / for with juniors and schools all seemed to get freebies for Man City last night. These kids are from York & Wetherby.

A lad I know from coaching in the US, now coaching in Doncaster, also got freebies. 

How many freebies were given away closer to home? They are such a shitty little club. 

23 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Atalanta & Frankfurt fans have teamed up to have a go at Napoli.

Bet the Italian’s have shit themselves and ran away, they normally only pick on unsuspecting elderly supporters minding their own business.

Fucking knobheads. Trashing their own city.  

5 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Frankfurt fans were pretty bad in Sevilla as well. There at the same time as West Ham fans as one played Sevilla and the other Betis.

German fans and people are class, generally, but I think it’s fair to say that Frankfurt has an unusually high degree of cunts in their fanbase.

In terms of matches, Napoli/Madrid will be a hell of a football match/tie when it happens. They’re both the real deal.

Atrocious non VAR decision in the Real Sociedad v Roma game. Ball in the air, Real Sociedad player just properly went to do the Roma player with a shoulder in the face. Blood pissing out of the player's nose. Clearest red card of all time.  

What is the fucking point in VAR?