You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other Football 22/23

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Talk of Nagelsmann to Spurs. 

Dont know how true it is or if it’s just an easy story to write.

It doesn’t sound like he’s had the best time at Bayern. They’ve been very inconsistent. Getting knocked out the CL last season was probably viewed as unacceptable and they likely don’t have faith he can beat City. 

I do wonder if Spurs approached him, he was weighing up his options come June, Bayern heard and thought fuck it, sack him now while Tuchel is available. 

I haven't watched a lot of Bayern this season but Nagelsmann's teams seem very easy to play against when I've watched them in the past.

I do wonder if he'll end up being like Villas Boas where his reputation grows bigger than his ability because he's young and his nationality is flavour of the month. It'll be interesting to see how his career progresses as he gets older.

2 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

I haven't watched a lot of Bayern this season but Nagelsmann's teams seem very easy to play against when I've watched them in the past.

I do wonder if he'll end up being like Villas Boas where his reputation grows bigger than his ability because he's young and his nationality is flavour of the month. It'll be interesting to see how his career progresses as he gets older.

Yeah, Nagelsmann seems a decent manager but there's an assumption that he's decent already in his early thirties so he'll just improve and therefore be frighteningly good by the time he's 40. He might just be at his ceiling and as good as he'll ever be, largely.

It's kind of a bit like some young players who break through and look great when they're young - but the question is whether they're very good young but still well below their ceiling and will therefore improve like other players do as they get older (but from a very high base), or if they're basically as good as they'll ever be at the age of 18.

2 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Roy Hodgson liked this.

My ceiling has translated from Halmstad to Malmo to Orebo to Neuchatel Xamax to the Swiss national team. So I find the question insulting. To suggest that, because I have moved from one club to another, that the ceiling which has stood me in good stead for 35 years and made me one of the most respected coaches in Europe isn’t suddenly high enough, is very hard to believe.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, DaveT said:

An assist for Curtis, too. He looked sharp. 

I know I’m in the minority, I like Curtis. 

I do think next season is make or break. He either utilises his talent for us or we wish him well in his next endeavours.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I do think next season is make or break. He either utilises his talent for us or we wish him well in his next endeavours.

Not so much about liking or not for me. More that it is very dodgy when players break down as much as he has already this season. Hopefully he’ll get over those, but we have to have our players fit and staying fit, that should be number one priority

18 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Big fan of Curtis me, really hope he comes good soon.