You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

7 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Harry Maguire's got his mum involved. He was Manchester Uniteds captain.

20230914_174329.jpg

Why didn’t Maguire go to West Ham and get his head down? Man Utd will keep topping up his wage for the length of his contract anyway. 

Instead, he’s had his ma crying in the news and nobody’s gonna hear anything about him again until Southgate names his next squad. 

52 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

And Bale is? 

That's why I asked. 

Bale is like borderline to me. I view him more with the likes of Neymar and Hazard, for some reason, but If we want to say he is of the same time as Messi and Ronaldo because he is born before 1990, thats fine. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Why didn’t Maguire go to West Ham and get his head down? Man Utd will keep topping up his wage for the length of his contract anyway. 

Instead, he’s had his ma crying in the news and nobody’s gonna hear anything about him again until Southgate names his next squad. 

To me, there are reasons to feel bad for Maguire on a human level, but yeah, if he cared about his career, he would have left Man U. Professionally, he has been a massive pussy and people see that. 

There is a hint of the Henderson situation here where I think his career revolves around England and if he talks to Southgate and he is told hell still get picked, he is then incentivized to go with the option that pays him the best. For Hendo, thats Saudi, for Maguire, thats staying at Man U. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Bale is like borderline to me. I view him more with the likes of Neymar and Hazard, for some reason, but If we want to say he is of the same time as Messi and Ronaldo because he is born before 1990, thats fine. 

For me there is no generation between Messi/Ronaldo and Mbappe/Haaland - that is only about 12 or 14 years.

Maguires problem has always been the fact he's shite. Hull, Leicester, West Ham, that's was his career peaking, the issue was Ole thought he was the world's best defender and interfered with trajectory. If he had of left him be,  Moyes would have signed him and he would have had a perfectly acceptable career like Craig Dawson. Head the ball away, pick up your cheque. Dawson would be mocked in the same way if he was England's main CB and a huge money signing.

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, No2 said:

Maguires problem has always been the fact he's shite. Hull, Leicester, West Ham, that's was his career peaking, the issue was Ole thought he was the world's best defender and interfered with trajectory. If he had of left him be,  Moyes would have signed him and he would have had a perfectly acceptable career like Craig Dawson. Head the ball away, pick up your cheque. Dawson would be mocked in the same way if he was England's main CB and a huge money signing.

He's a low to mid block CB trying to play in a side that wants to be more expansive and play the ball out from the back who's been broken by constant scrutiny.

It'd be interesting to see him in one of those peak Mourinho sides like the early Chelsea team that broke the defensive record.

31 minutes ago, No2 said:

Did Mourinho sign him? 

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

For me there is no generation between Messi/Ronaldo and Mbappe/Haaland - that is only about 12 or 14 years.

Because of the length of a football career I do not think that we should use the normal definition of a generation (ie 20-30 years) we should use 10 instead

25 minutes ago, No2 said:

Solksjaer signed him.

Really? I thought he was  a Jose signing, but then they've had so many managers in the last 10 years it's difficult to remember who signed who & when.  

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Sancho, a £70m+ asset, is training with the kids because he won’t “say sorry” to the manager. 

Think of the money involved and even still things can get that petty. 

It’s a funny old game. 

It's worse

He won't say sorry to a manager that told the world his medical issues without him agreeing to it. Imagine believing you aren't at fault when you tell the world soneone is suffering mental health problems when they haven't agreed

• Upvote 1

On 15/09/2023 at 08:23, No2 said:

They were crowing that he was their "van Dijk" signing and would transform them into title winners.

As we can see, that ended well.

On 14/09/2023 at 22:21, TheHowieLama said:

Luis Suarez. VvD. Kane. Modric.

Suarez and Modric being born the same years as Messi and Ronaldo respectively they’re hardly part of the «post Messi and Ronaldo crop».

Great players sure, world class, and would have been the best of an era had it not been for those other two.