You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2021

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Yeah mate

7 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

If there was they’d have mentioned it mate.

4 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

It's just been said on Sky News that Joshua does have the option of a rematch.

Aah ok. Eddie didn't clarify. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Incredible. Eubank jnr is literally 3 feet away from

Josh Taylor saying the only fighter he knows who has to date won all the fights he’s had is Mayweather. Outstanding of Sky to do live satire. 

Unreal, I laughed and reeled off the obvious 3 immediately. I also noticed Eubank (Jnr) talk about his new opponent being 18 and 1 and Josh Taylor start pissing himself 

3 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Anybody notice the bell going early at the end just as Joshua looked like he was getting finished? 

Usyk held back. he even said it in his interview. 

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Get your missus to record it and ignore everything ? 

Assume you didn't drink today 

Guess what mate. Fuck you. (I am a bit drunk)

I caught the first three rounds on my phone on the train then managed to avoid the result and catch up on the DAZN coverage on my IPTV sub. Usyk was magnificent. I’m sure I wasn’t alone in thinking he was just too small to hurt Joshua. Was Usyk’s performance against Chisora purposely under par to make sure he got the AJ fight? 

Very magnanimous and ‘staying humble’ by Joshua as he fucked off straight out of there without an interview afterwards. 

The Joshua/Fury plan is in tatters but let’s see what Eddie can do to tip the scales in AJ’s favour in the rematch. Maybe they can do it in Abu Dhabi with no fans and three judges from Watford. 

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

Fury vs Usyk would be a great boxing match but Tyson is just too big.

I agree with that 95%. The 5% doubt is because of what we’ve just seen. 

The difference is Fury is even bigger and he’s not just a static lump of muscle. He’s a great boxer in his own right. He’s also terrific at leaning on the smaller blokes in the clinch and draining the energy out of them. 

Made up with that result, can't stand Joshua.

There was never any question about Usyk outclassing Joshua technically - the only worry was (as is always the case with heavyweights especially of course) that he might walk into one big shot that turned fight on head.

Hope the lad Callum Smith knocked out is ok....looked like a really heavy ko and he got took the hozzy - think they said he was 'responsive'.

• Like 1

On 30/09/2017 at 07:25, Kevin D said:

I'm completely with you on Joshua's shortcomings.

After Usyk cleans out Cruiserweight, and puts on 25lbs, I think he'll beat Joshua fairly comfortably in 2 years. A sober Tyson Fury would also dominate him, in my view.

I can't agree on Wilder. Name a fighter who has won the WBC crown and fought as shitty opposition as he is, Boss? Signing to fight people is not the same as fighting them, mate.

Out by 2 Covid years. Damn this pandemic.

• Upvote 6

On 24/09/2021 at 14:22, Remmie said:

Hearn and a few others seem to be pushing this can he carry his power up and take a shot line. I think he passes the test on both accounts and will be AJ's toughest opponent. I keep on changing my mind on what will happen but Usyk on points at 4/1 doesn't look like too bad a bet at the moment.

Should have put a bit more on it. Truth be told I wasn't that certain. 

Screenshot_2021-09-25-23-10-15-950_com.skybet.app.skybet.jpg

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, an tha said:

Made up with that result, can't stand Joshua.

There was never any question about Usyk outclassing Joshua technically - the only worry was (as is always the case with heavyweights especially of course) that he might walk into one big shot that turned fight on head.

Hope the lad Callum Smith knocked out is ok....looked like a really heavy ko and he got took the hozzy - think they said he was 'responsive'.

I don't know why I sought out the footage of the KO but now I have I regret it. The way his legs were shaking was grim. 

8 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Guess what 

Very magnanimous and ‘staying humble’ by Joshua as he fucked off straight out of there without an interview

Bit unfair that , Cap'n , read he gave a press conference and congratulated Usyk  before leaving to go to hospital with a suspected broken eye socket.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

So Usyk has finished off both Bellew and now his owner. Nice.

Usyk really was on his game tonight.

The first round when he was feinting on the front foot, we were all wondering if he could keep that crazy level of activity up for 12 rounds, then he really spanked AJ in the second round and we all piled on an Usyk decision.

I'd be very interested to see an Usyk/Fury fight. It is clear Usyk has Joshua's number, but how he adapts to a gigantic Fury who is smart enough not to box and use his size and considerable weight will be really fascinating.

• Upvote 1