You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rangers/Stevie Gerrard 2020/21

Baltar

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is anything stevie is doing impressive? I just don't have a high opinion of managerial success if you manage rangers or celtic. 

Ross County, Hamilton, St Johnstone, (the former) Meadowbank Thistle.

Maybe a tricky Scottish Cup trip to Queen of the South.

Not to be trifled with.

Runs on the board.

5 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is anything stevie is doing impressive? I just don't have a high opinion of managerial success if you manage rangers or celtic. 

Ignores the progress he's made since he went there as a rookie manager. Despite the managers they had after getting back into the Scottish top flight, they couldnt compete with Celtic. He's changed that with year on year improvement and now all but clinched the title.

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Ignores the progress he's made since he went there as a rookie manager. Despite the managers they had after getting back into the Scottish top flight, they couldnt compete with Celtic. He's changed that with year on year improvement and now all but clinched the title.

I'm not ignoring it I've genuinely no idea, its why I've asked.

3 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Seems to have a decent record in Europe considering how poor that team is. 

That is the positive thing I have taken from his tenure up there as the SPL doesn't really give up many answers but he seems to have his tactics spot on in the No-Hoper.

In the interviews I have seen with him he also seems to be a bit more considered than in his early Rangers days but this may be also down to the fact the team is doing better.

8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

That is the positive thing I have taken from his tenure up there as the SPL doesn't really give up many answers but he seems to have his tactics spot on in the No-Hoper.

In the interviews I have seen with him he also seems to be a bit more considered than in his early Rangers days but this may be also down to the fact the team is doing better.

I just hope he doesn’t take on some no hoper club down here as the pressure from the lunatics will be on him if he doesn’t transform them into title challengers from day one. A Leicester type club who have got all the infrastructure in place now and won’t need a full rebuild would be ideal but I can see him getting Newcastle and having the same problems as all the other managers have had up there by the time Xmas comes around. 

57 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I just hope he doesn’t take on some no hoper club down here as the pressure from the lunatics will be on him if he doesn’t transform them into title challengers from day one. A Leicester type club who have got all the infrastructure in place now and won’t need a full rebuild would be ideal but I can see him getting Newcastle and having the same problems as all the other managers have had up there by the time Xmas comes around. 

There's a few that would be interested in him but, I wouldnt be surprised to see Leeds, Newcastle and maybe arsenal chasing him at the end of this season.

14 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

His record in Europe & against Celtic (who have a lot more money than Rangers do) is very impressive over the last year or so. He's doing better than I thought he would although Celtic going to shit has certainly helped him.

1 hour ago, belarus said:

Why mate? Don’t they get on?

I've not heard any mention of it outside of my own observation of the trophy presentation. There were a few people talking about Sadio spending more time with his cameraphone and not going near Mo, but to me the more glaring one was Krawietz and Ljinders , but I assume they must have to work closely together with Jurgen so who knows.

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I've not heard any mention of it outside of my own observation of the trophy presentation. There were a few people talking about Sadio spending more time with his cameraphone and not going near Mo, but to me the more glaring one was Krawietz and Ljinders , but I assume they must have to work closely together with Jurgen so who knows.

Oh, ok. Cheers for that. Didn’t know if I’d missed something.

I think if I was Mane I’d fucking hate Mo as well. Proper petulant and whiny at times, not to mention hypocritical by whinging at him for not passing, then being greedy himself. 

The main thing I noticed with the presentation that night, was Minamino wandering round on his own.

11 hours ago, belarus said:

Oh, ok. Cheers for that. Didn’t know if I’d missed something.

I think if I was Mane I’d fucking hate Mo as well. Proper petulant and whiny at times, not to mention hypocritical by whinging at him for not passing, then being greedy himself. 

The main thing I noticed with the presentation that night, was Minamino wandering round on his own.

I don't think there is any issue between Krawietz and Ljinders. I have seen them laugh and jest together on some of those "Inside Training" videos on LFC TV. It's a bit mad jumping to conclusions just because the cameras didnt show them necking each other during the title celebrations. They might have done so and maybe the cameras missed it. And even if they didn't, it means nothing.

Regarding Mo and Mane, i dont get why Salah has to be made the villain all the time. Mane has also been petulant and whiny a few times. And is also guilty of shooting instead of passing. Which top class forward isnt guilty of that?

There is also the fact that Salah has set up more goals for Mane than any of our other forward players. (More than he has set up for Firmino and the others). While Mane actually hasnt assisted as many of Salah's goals in comparison.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm not ignoring it I've genuinely no idea, its why I've asked.

He has them playing incredibly organised but boring football. He's more from the school of Ged than Brendan which surprised me. They must have the best defensive record in Europe.

• Upvote 1