You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Yeah I remember him, but he’s not the lad I was thinking of. 

He was called Keyser Soze before that. There was another guy who wrote for them and his name now escapes me, think he had a fairly generic handle with 'red' in it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I'm not aware of anyone else, but I don't know most of their backgrounds. I think Neil Atkinson was off yawn. Aside from that, I don't know of any of their online personas.  

There was a long term poster on here that left to set up a new site but it wasn’t UEM. 

He was a big defender of Rafa during the ART wars. 

5 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

boardman! i don't think he's on TAW is he? 

he did that website that called out the fat cunt dunk didn't he? 

I thought he was on RAWK. Could be wrong.

At least Paul Tomkins seems to have disappeared these days. My mate used have so right pops at him on RAWK. 

Just now, Scott_M said:

I thought he was on RAWK. Could be wrong.

At least Paul Tomkins seems to have disappeared these days. My mate used have so right pops at him on RAWK. 

His relentless positivity is no longer needed but when we go back to being shit at some point, he'll be back.

The Wrap was decent back in the day where they had a small core set of contributors. Since they expanded it to now doing 20 shows a week, they've had to incorporate a lot more voices and, as such, the quality has significantly waned because the original contributors rarely do a show together anymore. 

Anybody know what the story with Mike Nevin was? He seemed to be dropped quite unceremoniously from the Wrap...

1 hour ago, The Gaul said:

For me the thing is no matter what type of fan you are (or think you are) TAW probably have someone like you on there, like them or not, there'll be Lizzie Doyle's and Gareth Roberts listening to the show. I agree they probably need to be a bit suckholey to the club to get some of the exclusives they get, but they normally only get them related to some shite that's being promoted indirectly. But I do think at times they've been willing to speak out on behalf of fans or get the right people on to do it. They certainly did around all that copyrighting nonsense the club were doing a little while back on one of their other money grabbing exercises. I don't remember their response to furlough, but I think they do speak up on fan issues and there's been fuck all to moan about on the pitch really. 

Fair points. I think you are right they did speak up on a few things but quite mildly compared to their pre subscription days.

I mean I get it, you have a relationship with the Club and you don't want to break it to keep the subs rolling in. What annoyed me was I think that Doyle did a video on the day of the West Ham match last year where she was basically laughing off how crap the opposition where, how amazing we were and how the team would cope with sticking players  out of position. There was no insight or talk about how the match would go, it was something akin to asking a bird in the street what the result would be. We then went and drew 1-1.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

The Wrap was decent back in the day where they had a small core set of contributors. Since they expanded it to now doing 20 shows a week, they've had to incorporate a lot more voices and, as such, the quality has significantly waned because the original contributors rarely do a show together anymore. 

Anybody know what the story with Mike Nevin was? He seemed to be dropped quite unceremoniously from the Wrap...

Probably because he could be seen as quite negative. He was never afraid to voice his opinion. I enjoyed his take :D