You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

You're a sweet, sweet man. 

Side-effects usually feeling chilly, or running a temp, all abates within 24-36 hours, a couple of my mates have been like that, both in their 40's.  I think the younger you are the stronger your immune system response. 

Jab is akin to knocking on the wall of your immune system.  It will knock back, sometimes hard,  sometimes light.  All good.  

Cheers for the info mate.

I was a bit concerned about having it due to having had a kidney transplant last year and as a result of the meds I'm on being immunosuppressed, but the advice given by the Irish Kidney association and nephrologists is basically have the vaccine and maybe suffer a little or catch Corona and suffer a lot more. Easy choice when it's put to you like that. 

10 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Even calling someone dumb isn't all that innocent when examined under the microscope. Cant we a just agree to express our disapproval through the medium of interpretive dance?

I've always found gifs work well...

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47moild9bvxiile1byw3

14 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Last few days have seen a stall in case reduction, and I wonder why.

Then I watch the families on Saturday Night Takeaway, and it all makes sense. 

To be fair, the number of tests they're doing has shot up recently so I assume they're catching more cases than before-

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing

After Yo-Yo Ma received his second jab of a COVID-19 vaccine at Berkshire Community College Saturday, he transformed his 15-minute observation period into a concert for the newly inoculated. 

The world-famous cellist and part-time Berkshires resident completed his vaccination course at the field house clinic, and he "wanted to give something back," Richard Hall of the Berkshire COVID-19 Vaccine Collaborative told The Eagle. 

Yo-Yo Ma took a seat along the wall of the observation area, masked and socially distanced away from the others. He went on to pass 15 minutes in observation playing cello for an applauding audience, in what Hall called a "very special" concert that capped the day's vaccination event. 

32 minutes ago, Jenson said:

Survived my first 24 hours post-AZ jab. Nothing more than a very slight feeling like I'm coming down with a cold, and a sore arm where the needle went in.

Nice one mate. 

We're beating this bastard aren't we? 

1 hour ago, Jenson said:

Survived my first 24 hours post-AZ jab. Nothing more than a very slight feeling like I'm coming down with a cold, and a sore arm where the needle went in.

Absolutely nothing for me, not even a sore arm. I feel cheated.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

Absolutely nothing for me, not even a sore arm. I feel cheated.

Jammy bastard - had full on man flu the day afterwards and my arm was sore for days.

Also, Yo-Yo Ma - did anybody else automatically think it was a reference to the sexual prowess of a forumite's mum?

24 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

I'm shitting it at the thought of having the jab as I'm a massive pussy where needles are concerned.

The weird thing is I, and everyone I know who’s had it didn’t feel anything when it went in! Even Mr  Suzy and he’s a pussy with needles.

54 minutes ago, Stouffer said:

I'm shitting it at the thought of having the jab as I'm a massive pussy where needles are concerned.

I looked away. Kept talking to the nurse...and held my nose.

Not sure what the nose holding was all about but it got me through it.