You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

I watched that Dave Chappelle thing, I thought some of the stuff was funny but didn't get where a lot of the outrage stems from to be honest, I was expecting something horrendous given the level of backlash.

He did tell an interesting story though about a trans standup he was mates with who topped themselves after coming in for social media abuse for standing up for him.

That's one of the most striking things about this and the wider cancel culture debate, the amount of people who claim to be victimized and bullied etc who engage in it themselves, to pretty vicious degrees. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

He’s a shithouse. He’s getting ripped by a load of comedians as well. 

Backing down really is the worst thing you can do in these circumstances, Trump and Johnson are proof of that, when cornered they double down and everyone gets bored and f*cks off. 

I was talking to Mrs Willard last night about JK Rowling. She is the most successful female author of all time, gives £100s of millions to charity but because she dared to speak out against a tiny number of activists she gets death threats from nutters and has been quietly dropped from mainstream media. When was the last time she was on question time or interviewed by the BBC ? The hardy potter reunion on Sky didn’t invite her either. 

I think it’s a terrible inditement of our moral character as a society that we have just stood by and just watched this shit happen to a successful women. Our grandfathers stood up to the Nazi war machine, we are too scared to stand up to a few nutters in their mums frocks on the internet. It’s shameful. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't necessarily agree with all the trans rights activists methods, but expecting oppressed communities to sit back and politely accept the way LGBTQ people are treated is unrealistic. Fighting the good fight requires people to take notice as has been proven countless times in the past

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

I was talking to Mrs Willard last night about JK Rowling. She is the most successful female author of all time, gives £100s of millions to charity but because she dared to speak out against a tiny number of activists she gets death threats from nutters and has been quietly dropped from mainstream media. When was the last time she was on question time or interviewed by the BBC ? The hardy potter reunion on Sky didn’t invite her either. 

I think it’s a terrible inditement of our moral character as a society that we have just stood by and just watched this shit happen to a successful women. Our grandfathers stood up to the Nazi war machine, we are too scared to stand up to a few nutters in their mums frocks on the internet. It’s shameful. 

Those jumped up twats whose fame came from starring in all the potter movies should be fucking ashamed of themselves the way they have distanced themselves from her. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

I don't necessarily agree with all the trans rights activists methods, but expecting oppressed communities to sit back and politely accept the way LGBTQ people are treated is unrealistic. Fighting the good fight requires people to take notice as has been proven countless times in the past

Except stating a fact that only a woman suffers menopause supresses nobodies freedom does it? Nor does stating that somebody with a penis and testicles is a bloke.

3 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Except stating a fact that only a woman suffers menopause supresses nobodies freedom does it? Nor does stating that somebody with a penis and testicles is a bloke.

The second sentence most certainly suppresses the trans community 

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

The second sentence most certainly suppresses the trans community 

Really? We'll have to agree to disagree I just see them as a bloke in a frock. I dont have an issue if thats how they want to live their life fine but they are not a woman.